Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
Barbara Crampton Virginia Cable
Michael Shamus Wiles Jarrett Perkins
Dustin Quick Masie Mather
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. Steve Miller

Love your movies and especially your music. Always look forward to new stuff. For all of you freaking losers out there….its great entertainment….not freaking real life. Wake the fuck up you morons. Some of you act like you are going to wake up and have a clown blowing up your ass. Once agan..enjoy this shit Rob and hope it lasts for a long time.

September 9, 2012 at 6:55 am

3. Frankielee

Bad ass, cannot wait! Also, my friends was i were wondering what the hunger games would have been liked if rob zombie directed it.

September 8, 2012 at 7:58 am

5. Jennifer Matelski

Looking forward to this movie!! My friends and I really really wish you would make a prequel to “House of 1000 Corpses”. Any plans to do that?

September 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm

7. i love your movies your music the way you dress i love everything you are the best

September 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm

9. Love your work man. From everyone in the Corrections of Cali, we ask you to do a Sequal from the devils rejects. From your childhood, how the Family became insane. Please!!!

September 7, 2012 at 3:28 pm

11. Turtle

When does this movie come out

September 7, 2012 at 1:11 am

13. I beleive in Dr. Satan man! more of a comeback with him and the mutant army he created with many Ottis’s! i want to see this movie ASAP the LORDS OF SALEM and my friends and I love your movies and please never stop. Thank you very, a loyal fan to the end, James Hanson

September 7, 2012 at 12:05 am

15. Ashli Moon

i can’t wait to see this movie:) i have listened to your music my whole life and when you came out with House of 1000 Corspes i knew it was going to be weird amazing and freaky I was right I loved every second of it. Even tho clowns scare the piss outta me Capt. Spaldings was the best expecially in Devils Rejects. When I found out Sherri Moon was going to be the mother in Halloween I knew in some sick twisted way I wanted to be a mother just like her My daughter is now 8yrs old and because of your make of Halloween she isnt scared and hasn’t been Halloween Devils rejects and House of 1000 Courpses have become her favorite movies as well Although she hasnt seen the second Halloween, which in my opinion You should make more of them, I think I will actually take her to see this new one it sounds good and I hope to be seeing Mrs.Sherri Moon and all the other characters from your other movies <3 you guys

September 6, 2012 at 4:28 pm

17. Sherri Pyke

Sorry to put this bluntly…..but when the fuck is the Lords of Salem’s release date? Loved you shit so far! But having one Hell of a time finding out when I will be able to see it! Think you’re great. Would like you a Hell of alot more…if you let me know when this movie is coming out!

September 5, 2012 at 4:29 pm

• Sheri the premiere is this month in Toronto – the rest is not so far behind. Rob only just completed all the work on it two weeks ago.

September 5, 2012 at 6:18 pm

19. LadyRedRavan

I cannot wait till I see this movie Lords of Salem!!I enjoy your movies, music etc….Go Sherrie love the hair do! Thanks for putting Clint Howard in your movie I love him…Well thats enough /4/ now PEACE and LOVE.

September 5, 2012 at 12:07 pm

21. Jason Hayes

Love Robs work! Would love to be apart of his imagination some time soon. Someone let me know if that’s a possibility in the near future.

September 4, 2012 at 9:34 pm

23. jamesrice1991

OMG this looks like its gonna be a good movie cant wait to see it!

September 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

25. Anna

cant waaait!!!!!

September 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm

27. Britt Clem

so cant wait to see lords of salem!! :D rob zombie is the shit!! i have seen all of his movies!!!

September 3, 2012 at 4:40 am

29. Akaneko no Jigoku

Can’t wait me too !
    The music is casted as John 5, but do Zombie will make original sounds for the soundtrack like he did on HOUSE OF 1000 SCREAMS ? Or it gonna be only the title song in it ?

September 3, 2012 at 3:34 am