The Lords of Salem Official PosterDirected by Rob Zombie
Produced by Jason Blum, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider
Written by Rob Zombie
Starring: Sheri Moon Zombie, Patricia Quinn, Maria Conchita Alonza, Dee Wallace, Bruce Davison, Jeff Daniel Phillips
Music by John 5
Studio Alliance Films, Automatik Entertainment, Haunted Films, IM Global, Blumhouse Productions
Distributed by Anchor Bay Films
Release Date April 19 2013

Official sites: Movie Site | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

From the singular mind of horror maestro Rob Zombie comes a chilling plunge into a nightmare world where evil runs in the blood.
“The Lords of Salem” tells the tale of Heidi (Sheri Moon Zombie), a radio station DJ living in Salem, Massachusetts, who receives a strange wooden box containing a record, a “gift from the Lords.” Heidi listens, and the bizarre sounds within the grooves immediately trigger flashbacks of the town’s violent past.

Is Heidi going mad, or are the “Lords of Salem” returning for revenge on modern-day Salem?

Purchase: iTunes USA  | Amazon USA  | iTunes UK  | Amazon UK | Buy The Book

Jason Blum - Producer
Oren Peli - Producer
Steven Schneider - Producer
Brian Kavanaugh-Jones - Executive Producer
John 5 - Music

Comments

Threaded commenting powered by interconnect/it code.

• FF December 14, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Your best movie yet! I loved the balls to the wall old school witchyness!

• Tom November 28, 2013 at 3:14 am

Rob Zombie is the best horror director to come down the pike in decades. I love his movies and would love to see him do a remake of, “Phantasm”. Anyway, I liked this film very much. I personally loved the nasty vile anti-Christian script, the naked witches worshiping Satan and the lovely ending with Rob’s smoking hot wife portraying a Satanic version of the Virgin Mary…nice…very nice. Keep it up Rob & think about the “Phantasm” project. It could be big!

• Alex Loder November 27, 2013 at 6:08 pm

This is the BEST horror movie I’ve seen in a LOOOOOONNNNGGG time! (since Zombies last production) Rob is the Horror Artist of our time, keeping it traditional, artistic, rock & roll as fuck! Love the 70′s throwback style! Most horror these days is cheesy, trendy, or stupid fucking vampire romance. TRULY the best original, scary, great themed films and above all……ARTISTIC. not just bullshit CGI imagery like most of these lame ass “horror” movies. THANKS FOR KEEPING IT ARTSY ROB!!!!! ALL HAIL!!!!

• Rainey November 26, 2013 at 4:19 am

Couldnt finish the movie because of the script. I love horror, but i can’t listen to the blasphemy…just to much! I pray God forgives those actors for the wicked things they said about our Savior, Jesus Christ. WOW! Never had a movie make my entire house feel like it was under an evil spell.

• Porter December 3, 2013 at 6:35 am

lol im pretty sure any fan of rob or his movies would take the last line of your comment as true advertisement for what we expect ….”Wow never had a movie make my entire house feel like it was under an evil spell” …….. thanks I buying it for sure now :)

• Thomas November 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm

It’s not low budget but it has that old school throw back low budget feel that Zombie has brought back, the house of a 1000 corpses and the devils rejects we great I was even disappointed that they were killed of in the end because I wanted More they just don’t make stuff like this any more except for Rob.
    One thing I know these movie’s will become classic one day because no one else can do it it, all they want to do is remake chainsaw massacre 20 times and not have there own creative ability This guy knows what he’s doing and I hope he keep doing it because I don’t watch horror flicks any more because they are plan garbage.

• sheena November 15, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I don’t understand comments about this movie being low budget….shouldn’t people like us that dig rob zombie and his fantastic mind and work be happy that this movie wasn’t all digitally done….horror doesn’t come from special effects….it comes from creating a specific feeling that unsettles a person all the way to their core….I thought this movie did that….I do have to say the plot wasn’t quite as great as movies before….only because I have a hard time really figuring put the true underlying plot of the movie….I understand the movie but not exactly whyeverything is happening the way it is…plus I think a couple gaps in the story line that could have helped the confusion if filled in….visually tho, rob zombie definitely had me engaged and that’s hard to do….considering I’m a horror fanatic and most horror movies now cannot keep me interested….I do love Sherri moon I think she is always sexy and beautiful and bring a lot to his moves honestly I don’t think this was her best work…he could have gone with some one else..I did 100% dig her style in this movie tho…would definitely give an arm (my left arm of course…need my right one ha) to get at a couple articles of clothing she had….can any one help and shed a little more light on the movie for me…I’m thinking maybe talking with some one may bring a few things to light for me….and for some of you ass holes that have commented but have been a complete ass and just talked shit about others…come on really…do you really think that makes you look”cool” or”bad ass” cause it just makes you look like an idiot…were obviously all fans…which means were probably all a little “alternative” to normal societies standards….we should bee backing each other up not putting each other down.I’m just as bitter as the next but I don’t sit and say mean shit to people I don’t no just because I may think I’m “darker” our something stupid like that….you just are as bad as all the people that look down at us!! Sorry for the speech but seeing that shit really pissed me off!!

• Renee November 16, 2013 at 1:32 am

Sheena, read the novel and it will fill in the gaps. Some of the characterization of Heidi is lacking in the movie and that is what is probably confusing you about the story line. The novel has a lot more detail than could fit into a movie. It ‘s absolutely excellent!!! But I think the movie is excellent, too. Also, I wrote a review on this movie, and you can read that on http://www.allhorror.net/ That may clear up a few things for you. My name is Renee S. Young; that should help navigate you to the review. BTW: I agree with you about the naysayers. Rob Zombie is an excellent horror movie writer and director!!! I love all of his work, and I love all of his music as well. I’d like to see some of these trash-talkers create something better than Zombie.~~~Peace

• talon November 9, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Liked the film. A great throw back to old school cult/horror/thriller films. Even better that there was no cgi and there was no “hero of the day”. It reminded me of Polanski’s 1968 thriller Rosemary;s Baby.

• Soul November 9, 2013 at 1:47 am

I Love This movie so much.Thank you Rob :)

• Chris November 4, 2013 at 2:56 am

Was pumped to see this, at the end we sat here scratching our heads. This movie lacked the power of submergence that we have come to expect from a Zombie film. did not have us at the edge of our seats as the prior films have. rather disapointed, but none the less we await the next film and are sure it will be a good rebound.

• marissa October 28, 2013 at 3:20 am

This was by far the worst Rob Zombie movie ever…very low budget hard to fallow and it drug a$$ to the to the mildly exciting part…very disappointed in this one :(

• eric October 30, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I disagree, great idea for a film, visually stunning, music excellent, I didn’t see it as low budget at all. I think in the future it will be seen at a sort of neo-cult classic?! But I regretfully and respectfully think a different lead actress should have been chosen. As a rocky horror, lou reed, and Kubrick fan I was titillated, but somehow wasn’t satisfied the choice of “Heidi LaRocre.”

• Heath November 9, 2013 at 3:27 am

Yeah, it must be a hard-to-follow film if you’re a brain-dead retard. ALLLLLL of Rob’s movies are fucking fantastic! Whether it was the lowest budget of his films or not is completely irrelevant. Don’t bash his shit just because you’re a fucking mental sloth incapable of intelligent human reasoning. Thanks for playin’ kid, go kill yourself :D

• Onesweetgal2068 November 15, 2013 at 10:10 pm