The Lords of Salem Official PosterDirected by Rob Zombie
Produced by Jason Blum, Oren Peli and Steven Schneider
Written by Rob Zombie
Starring: Sheri Moon Zombie, Patricia Quinn, Maria Conchita Alonza, Dee Wallace, Bruce Davison, Jeff Daniel Phillips
Music by John 5
Studio Alliance Films, Automatik Entertainment, Haunted Films, IM Global, Blumhouse Productions
Distributed by Anchor Bay Films
Release Date April 19 2013

Official sites: Movie Site | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

From the singular mind of horror maestro Rob Zombie comes a chilling plunge into a nightmare world where evil runs in the blood.
“The Lords of Salem” tells the tale of Heidi (Sheri Moon Zombie), a radio station DJ living in Salem, Massachusetts, who receives a strange wooden box containing a record, a “gift from the Lords.” Heidi listens, and the bizarre sounds within the grooves immediately trigger flashbacks of the town’s violent past.

Is Heidi going mad, or are the “Lords of Salem” returning for revenge on modern-day Salem?

Purchase: iTunes USA  | Amazon USA  | iTunes UK  | Amazon UK | Buy The Book

Jason Blum - Producer
Oren Peli - Producer
Steven Schneider - Producer
Brian Kavanaugh-Jones - Executive Producer
John 5 - Music

Comments

Threaded commenting powered by interconnect/it code.

• yellow bird September 26, 2013 at 4:22 am

Another killer film~
    Different than the others…(his other films)and other films in general!

A BIG F **K YOU!
    to all other wanna-be/nu-horror & scary flicks …A.K.A. nonsense!

Nice also ~
    that the lords is his last horror flick for awhile , takes balls to walk away;)

*give a middle finger To those that want to keep him in chains,
    & in a group,
    R.Z. Cannot be bought,tied down or labled.

Bring on the bullies!!!

• Jill G. September 20, 2013 at 5:48 am

Being a huge fan, I was dying to see this flic when it came out but unfortunately it never came to theaters near me. I thought that was strange, especially now that I saw what a great film it was. The plot was incredibly refreshing. In this day and age, every different type of horror film has just been beat to death. We get it, when she closes the mirrored medicine cabinet, there will be a monster behind her. However, Lords of Salem is a testament to the huge impact that can be made by taking a totally new approach to a classic theme. It isn’t hard to make a horror film about witches or satan… Or serial killers or ghosts or possessions or any other monster that society has ‘nightmared’ up. Those are the movies we see today and are disappointed in. She is going to hide under the bed and the camera angle will be on her face as the monster drags her out by her feet. However, it takes a truly creative mind to find a fresh way to present the particular evil in a way that allows the viewer to be fucking certain they’ve never heard of witches until watching their film. With that I say bravo, Zombie. He’s done it before and he did it in Lords of Salem. I was so humored when he introduced the whole D.J. and vinyl approach. Truly clever. The imagery was outstanding, per usual, but like I said- the concept and plot… that is what impressed me. I have one major critique. With the outstanding concept/plot, writing and imagery… I was not impressed by some of the decisions Zombie made toward the end of the film. I felt some of the imagery was very desperate. There are many examples but for one: satanic priests jacking off in synchronization? Disturbing yes, but it didn’t serve a purpose. That imagery was just laughable because the viewer realizes that the theme is being completely prostituted in an effort to disturb the viewer… but without a real purpose for the film… Which is very tacky. You have Heidi slowly walking up the stairs in that black and white makeup while there is Gregorian chant-like music in the background…. That is impact. That is disturbing with a purpose for the film. That is why I liked the film.

• John Mcghan September 20, 2013 at 5:01 am

Rob, you outdid yourself man. This is the most intense , fear inducing film I have seen since the original excorcist .

• RonSB September 19, 2013 at 7:13 pm

The thing I was most impressed about this movie was the dialogue. Rob didn’t put 20,000 curse words in it! I have all his movies, and the thing that always bothered me was the amount of expletives. I curse all the time, BUT NOTHING LIKE WHAT WAS IN ROB’S PREVIOUS MOVIES. It was like the only way he could stretch the movie to 90 min. was to fill the dialogue with two dozen curse words when someone asks to pass the ketchup, etc. LOL ! So I think this movie was a big step in the right direction. I hope he continues w/ it.

• Cody A Fitch September 18, 2013 at 7:41 am

then show stats of arsons and missing bodies go up from 1950′s till the 1980′s when the kid is born into a battle and his family is trying to survive an urban war that nobody sees or knows of and he grows up fighting and has to keep it a secret and one day breaks and says screw it and starts talking openly and does not care and starts doing the political leadership himself and take over of a political party with force to stop it but keep it gory though not so much of that

make it a movie of horror that criminal justice students can use as a methodolgy for a script for research into the real problem the gore wars between catholics and the protestants and how we are losing as our politicians are to weak to use our mass military to fight back against it.

then show a kid grow up in a genocidal battlefield where no politicians or military or police will admit to it and has to do it himself and it never works as there are not enough of hims to go around to protect his people form the church’s genocidal grip./ii\

show a proud nation during the beginning happy white holmes 1950′s style 97% white protestants then show it slowly get worse as credits go and show more and more genocidea nd populations decreasing and the nation getting worse and more like a criminal gore battle field until the end it all finally urupts and the whites just go nuts cause they can’t take the church’s genocide anymore to let latins take over.

then show him as an old man with axes standing over a priets body and hack his head off as it all leads to the church and its gneocide of his people cause they are white and not latin

then at the begging of the fictional horror movie with your great sounds show fake stats of a nation going from white to latin in a ten years and nobody knows why then show scary pictures of warehouses filled with white folks and latin gangsters standing on corners looking at white folks and illegal slaves in work areas and politicians being weak and corrupt and scary political weak voices and military’s in foreign lands instead of being at home.

then at the end of the movie show how the young kid gets pissed and has three leakers start to leak the weak government areas and secure themeslves in whtie areas. Then prepare for a full leak of white massacres then as the movie ends show areas of the nation in the movie having mass white militaries invading with axes and rifles blazing with heads being ripped off and folks dying in a good war not a ratton war sneak kill innocents and stack bodies in warhouese

do what you do boy show the truth to the world and show it as it is the most scary stuff of all the truth

Then show scenes from the world war i and ii where protestants where being burned and then the French revolition where cahtolics used to create piles of bones under their churchs and let their catholic kids play with them. Pretty scary stuff.

make sure you get enough money for security till after its over and done so the boys can camp at your horrow fest house and keep you safe as you write and produce until its already out.

If you say Cody said so it will go main stream on the big screen you know what Rob do it goooood

Come on Rob you know you want too.

contact the funneling machin SOA directors for the funding:) Rider One

show how his dad created the worlds biggest motorcycle crew to defend from Mexican genocide of his people and he grew up as a nerd kid with his grandpa massacring Mexicans who massacred his people cause hte government would do nothing about it and not let folks know it will be a great movie.

Republican defense agency gory style do it now rob tell them about the Mexican massacres and how we have to defend from them.

The movie shows how nations are towards taken over Democracies. Like the MEdican massacres of whtie folks. In aeras where there used to be 100% white now there are 7% and 92% latin cause of massacres in warehouses and mass neural druggings, and slave driving and invasions and mlitaries and scared pathetic loser police and politicians and then one kid who has to fight them all for his people.

When are you going to finish my movie about a gore agent that is trained as a kid to massacre foreign military invaders of their lands and do horrible stuff to people who try and take over their nation?
    Gore Agent movie do it gooood. gory

• Renee September 12, 2013 at 1:54 am

Jesse J, Diddo on all you said. Please, Rob, do not stop making horror films. I will be completely crushed. Being a fellow horror writer myself, you are a HUGE inspiration to me.

• Jessie J September 11, 2013 at 5:33 pm

I just saw this and really really dug it. Loved the imagery. Inspiring in the way I felt seeing Jodorowsky’s The Holy Mountain. I’ve heard rumors this will be your last film. Please don’t let this be your last film. Bravo Zombies.

• Invictus September 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I see this as a film that reveals something about itself with every repeated viewing. I have also read Mr Z’s novel which provides lots of exposition and covers aspects of the story I can’t imagine would have got past the censors. It asks questions of its audience and puts the onus on the viewer to provide the answers. In that respect it’s closer to in style Kubrick than Carpenter. I loved it.

• Renee September 12, 2013 at 1:51 am

Invictus, I completely agree. I’ve watched this film a number of times already and each viewing gets better and better. It is deep and makes the viewer have to think and figure things out on their own. It is much like a classic horror film, instilling fear through atmosphere, imagery, ambiguity, mood, and uncertainty. This is exactly the type of horror I appreciate the most. I love stories that make me think and allow me to come up with the answers on my own. I think the people who do not like this film are the type of viewers who want to be smacked in the face with what the story is really about without having to put any effort into figuring things out for themselves. I think the naysayers of this film are probably fans of the typical horror films of today–shock-fest, CGI, gore, sex, and brainless entertainment. I think this film shows Rob Zombie’s growth and depth as a horror writer and director. Excellent job, Rob!!!

• DANNY ROFF September 11, 2013 at 10:09 am

I WAS EXCITED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE AND SAT DOWN WITH GREAT EXPECTATION….WHAT A LET DOWN, SLOW LONG BORING SHOTS, NOT GRIMEY LIKE OTHER STUFF, TRYING TO BE ARTY AND FALLING INTO BORING 108 MINUTES ILL NEVER GET BACK.
    BABY LOOKED LIKE A LOBSTER OR AN EVIL PATRICK FROM SPONGEBOB.
    UNIMPRESSED

• Mel September 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Finally, a fan that I totally agree with. Maybe new meanings could unfold if I watch it again and again but that would be torture in itself.

• Cameron Rice September 9, 2013 at 11:28 pm

i haven’t seen the movie but i LOOOOOVED the book

1 44 45 46 47 48 49