Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
Barbara Crampton Virginia Cable
Michael Shamus Wiles Jarrett Perkins
Dustin Quick Masie Mather
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. jason clark

would like to know more bout these witches. were they real or made up

September 7, 2013 at 6:17 am

3. Jamie Morrow

I luv u Rob but I’m sorry 2 say u really struck out with this movie. U will always b my favorite musician tho.

September 7, 2013 at 3:53 am

5. Mike

Saw this movie sitting on a shelf at the store. We were hesitant until we pulled up the trailer and decided to buy the DVD.
    I was actually disappointed in most of the movie. While there were several well done professional scenes, others left us wondering if we were watching a SciFi Sunday special. Had a decent plot that it followed fairly well but had many areas that left me wondering… “What the…?”

September 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm

7. yellow bird

Bout time out on DVD… Took forever and day!

My only qualm-
    …is the lil baby (born to s.m.z.)satan Baby? Looked like a shrimp or haha …squid ;)

to me it did;)

September 5, 2013 at 3:59 am

9. Poke

I know I’m probably stating the obvious here…but when is Rob gonna make a zombie flick? Most of them are regurgitated and I haven’t seen a good one since the 80s (in my opinion) If anyone can do it…it’s Rob Zombie

August 26, 2013 at 6:28 am

11. floyd

Looking forward to Rob Zombies next venture……this one is a free pass…..you still rock Zombie

August 12, 2013 at 2:56 am

13. Tanya

When is Lords of Salem coming to theater?

August 9, 2013 at 3:16 pm

• It did – back in April on limited release. It is due out on Blu-ray on Sept 3 – there’s a pre-order button at the top of this page.

August 9, 2013 at 8:01 pm

15. Robbie

when will the movie be out on blue ray

August 8, 2013 at 3:31 am

• September 3 – preorder buttons are at the top of the page

August 8, 2013 at 8:18 am

17. I am a huge fan of RZ music and his movies. Captain Spaulding ROCKS! This movie looks like it will be a good watch. I am surprised I have not heard of it though. Marketing needs to be expanded I think. ANYWAYS.. I live in Salem, MA. I saw a few actual locations in the trailer(s) so now I want to see it all the more. I have to say though, that a horror movie based in Salem is all well and good, but nothing has ever chilled my heart more than the true story of Dorcas Goode. A four year old child who survived the witch hunt, but only physically. Now THAT would be a true horror tale and it is screaming to be told. I have thought many times of writing a novelized version of that story. Well, I am anxious to see this film now. :)

August 7, 2013 at 10:43 am

19. andrey

Los is very popular in Moscow!I Think It’s not about The Evil One but rather dedication to all people who OD’ed &slit their Wrists by All tomorrows Parties by crooner Lou!Rob made not only great movies but collected The American Music To Die By:Freebird,Love Hurts,Venus In Furs!!! Hi!From All Your Russian fans!

August 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm

21. Audun Sathansen

The movie that is..

August 6, 2013 at 12:49 am

23. Adam Hart

Rob, just got the book. It is the greatest thing ever. man you gotta write a devils rejects book. the way you go into detail about the pain was so amazing. if the book is as good as the movie it will be awesome. I hope robs diffrent from other famous people and reads comments on his web site. and btw sweet truck.

July 31, 2013 at 10:08 pm

25. electric head

Danielle, someone on here commented that book was better than movie. You can also check Amazon for DVD/BluRay Release dates

July 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm

27. Danielle

Lords of Salem never released anywhere near me! The closest theater was about 4hrs away! Does anyone know if the book is close to the movie, or if it is being released on DVD?

July 24, 2013 at 4:39 am

• The film is out on Blu ray from September 3 in the US. Amazon have pre-sales – check your local country Amazon for pre-sales near you

July 24, 2013 at 8:34 am