Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
Barbara Crampton Virginia Cable
Michael Shamus Wiles Jarrett Perkins
Dustin Quick Masie Mather
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. thingbeast

I liked House of 1000 corpses. I loved Halloween 1&2. The Devil’s rejects is one of my all time favourites. The lords of Salem is pure fucking mayhem! An instant horror classic!

July 19, 2013 at 7:09 pm

3. CC

The Lords of Salem is an awesome film. What is the name of the beautiful theater used at the end?

July 18, 2013 at 6:46 am

5. Renee

Just pre-ordered The Lords of Salem DVD. Can’t freakin wait to finally see the horror master at his best. Love your work, Rob!!! You are a HUGE inspiration to me and my horror writing. Please keep doing what you do. I love it all!!! Wish I didn’t have to miss you at Mayhem Fest in Maine today. But Grad school calls my name. I’ll have to catch you next time you’re in Maine, MA, or NH. Keep on Rockin!!!

July 17, 2013 at 8:42 pm

7. Renee

Just pre-ordered The Lords of Salem DVD. Can’t freakin wait to finally see the horror master at his best. Love your work, Rob!!! You are a HUGE inspiration to me and my horror writing. Please keep doing what you do. I love it all!!! Wish I didn’t have to miss you at Mayhem Fest in Maine today. But Grad school calls my name. I’ll have to catch you next time your in Maine, MA, or NH. Keep on Rockin!!!

July 17, 2013 at 8:40 pm

9. doctarr

The Lords of Salem. a Symphony.

July 14, 2013 at 5:32 am

11. Susan Martin

When does this movie coming to DVD?? It also never opened in my home town of Jackson Mississippi

July 12, 2013 at 12:39 am

• September 3 – there’s a story on the main News page with pre-sale links

July 12, 2013 at 4:11 pm

13. chad

The Lords Of Salem Lots WAS FREAKEN AWESOME…South Africa

July 11, 2013 at 4:31 pm

15. Dwight

For all of those who haven’t seen this movie, be cautious. I love all of Rob Zombies music and movies in the past, but I have to say I am very let down by this movie. The book kicked ass. Awesome from cover to cover. Read it in a weekend. The story in the movie however is hard to follow. I understand what was trying to be accomplished but the end result fell short. There was so much in the book that never made it to the film. What happened Rob? Why did you leave so much out? So for those die hard fans read the book. If you do you are in for a treat.

July 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm

• doctarr

Dwight. has never seen a movie before. and he thinks very highly of himself. Apparently.
      Everyone!…. Heed, Dwight’s warning. Don’t see ,The Lords of Salem. you can’t think for your self!

July 14, 2013 at 5:57 am

17. John

This movie never opened where I live. Are there going to be any screenings or film fest appearances, etc before the Sept. dvd release? I need to know! thanks

July 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm

19. Shirley White

I wish they would re release this. Many did not even have a chance to see it. Was looking forward to it. I know it is coming out on DVD in September but summer is a great time for horror films. Seemed to get good reviews. Just a disappointment not to see on the big screen,

July 4, 2013 at 12:56 am

21. sergio

hi, i live in mexico, when Lords of Salem come to movie theaters in mexico? thank you.

June 28, 2013 at 9:26 pm

23. Michelle Dowdy

When will Lords of Salem come out on dvd? Thank you

June 27, 2013 at 7:01 am

25. big paul roc'n'roll

God this is a spiritual desgrace I love it….send more..more…

June 23, 2013 at 1:58 am

27. adrienne dennis

utterly incredible. i keep looking for the music stanza with notes from The Lords but can not find, any help?

June 13, 2013 at 1:00 am

29. hello guys , i hear about casting for new film of rob zombie ? is this tru ?

June 12, 2013 at 12:11 am