Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. Danny Mutany

Is this movie even playing anywhere I cant find it in DC Maryland or Virginia

May 3, 2013 at 9:00 pm

3. SHOO SHOO SAID THE MAIDEN

IM FURIOUS THERE IS NO THEATER IN DELAWARE PLAYING LORDS OF SALEM I WAITED FOREVER TO SEE IT AND STILL CANT UNTIL DVD

May 3, 2013 at 2:13 pm

5. James

It’s messed up how I live 10 minutes from Dallas, TX one of the biggest cities I’m Texas and I can only find 1 theater within 100 miles that is playing The Lords of Salem!!!! I am very disappointed, I was really excited for this movie to hit the big screen and now it looks like I’m gonna have to wait for it to come out on DVD…

May 3, 2013 at 10:22 am

7. Tim Chandler

I see all the places that this movie is not playing well how about telling me exactly where this movie is playing… I am extremely pissed at this…

May 2, 2013 at 4:47 pm

9. Tim Chandler

Where the hell is this movie playing??? And why the hell can’t I find it in NC or VA… this is some bullshit… :/

May 2, 2013 at 4:43 pm

11. Andrew

When will the Lords of Salem be released in Australia? Please don’t ditch us like Evil Dead did!

May 2, 2013 at 5:35 am

13. Cassandra

Where is this movie playing?????????? I live in upstate ny and can’t find it! I’m really pissed off!

May 2, 2013 at 2:49 am

15. barbara johnson

Quick question. What is the Devil going to do with a fucking baby???????Ira Levin was wise enough to pawn it off for the witches to o take care of. Diapers and Formula are not Satans’ bag. He has things to do – people to corupt !!

May 1, 2013 at 7:45 pm

17. Heather

Been waiting for months for this movie to come out and I’m beyond annoyed that it is not playing anywhere in my area of PA! Not that far from Philly…what gives??

May 1, 2013 at 2:37 pm

19. XYZ

AWESOME MOVIE!!!
    STANLEY KUBRICK STYLE + MOZART AND J.S. BACH MUSIC + THE ANTICHRIST!!!
    THIS MOVIE MAKES SURE THAT YOU BELIEVE IN GOD!!!
    THANKS ROB!!!

May 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm

21. Maily gert

Hmmmm, was hoping for much better by Zombie, Not much meat to it in terms of real horror. Maybe, had he focused on real life terror instead of superimposing the occult to this extreme, it could have worked. Looks like a lot of work went into this production and because of that i wish it success, but even the Devil himself can’t help save this movie. The story fell flat many times over and over again, it was kind of Rosemary Babyish but much more supernatural. Rosemary’s baby was all that, but it but never let the supernatural take over the entire movie.
    The scariest things about horror movies, is when people can relate it to the real world. That’s why Devil’s Rejects worked so well. It had a slight hint of supernatural but mostly real life horror. This movie is sure to disappoint Zombie’s fans in a big way. I wanted to like it very much, but I’m sorry it didn’t work. Hell, there’s always the next time. Don’t call it quits keep reaching for the stars!

April 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm

• zombieFan

loved it, fuck off

May 1, 2013 at 2:47 am

• 5
    • barbara johnson

If Rob had followed the book it would have made for a better film.And if you do not read the book you will not have the first clue as to the relationships between the characters. And perhaps Sherri Moon should have spoken to folks in NA, because we are not suposed to drink in recovery. Why would you bother with mtgs if you were going to get shit-faced drunk every night??

May 1, 2013 at 7:25 pm

23. TiK Friesen

Why isn’t this coming to Canada? I’m pissed, I have wanted to see this since I saw the trailer at the concert. It’s things like this that make people pirate shit on the Internet. (Not blaming Rob, there was something else involved I’m guessing.)

April 30, 2013 at 9:00 pm

25. Stefan

I’ve been waiting on this movie for quite a while now and it isn’t showing at any of the 6 movie theaters in tha Jackson, MS area. Does anyone know why? I know we’re in the Bible Belt, but Jesus Christ!

April 30, 2013 at 4:28 am

27. I’m gonna buy the book before I decide on whether I wanna see the movie or not

April 30, 2013 at 3:46 am

• barbara johnson

READ THE BOOK!!!!!! You won’t know what the hell is going on if you don’t. Frankly Im not so sure he had much to do with the writing of it. THe other guy read the script and made a novel out of it. Compare it to the other novel the guy wrote. Same style. No big deal man , it was still worth reading

May 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm

29. Bob

Amazon UK. DVD. Well fuck you then Josh. You failed teh internet. No excuse that this isn’t streamable. The producers are stupid and must be losing money over this.

April 30, 2013 at 3:14 am