Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
Barbara Crampton Virginia Cable
Michael Shamus Wiles Jarrett Perkins
Dustin Quick Masie Mather
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. jolene

OK where can Canadians see it cant purchase from amazon UK if in Canada correct any advice on link to watch or purchase

April 30, 2013 at 12:56 am

3. Mirada

I watched this last night and I must say that this is my all time favorite movie by Rob Zombie!!!! It is very well done and does not disappoint like many movies that are coming out now.

April 29, 2013 at 10:22 pm

5. Josh

For all you retards who are posting that you can’t get the flick, look above this page and what do you see? LINKS TO PURCHASE THE FUCKING MOVIE. Jesus.

April 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm

7. shawn perez

Dude, I fucking loved this movie truely. Me and my girlfriend had been waiting a year and some for this I’m can finally come to peace . Ill be seeing it again very soon.

April 29, 2013 at 9:57 am

9. JB

Love Rob Zombie, his music, his movies, his artistic view of horror. Love it. Can’t wait to see this movie!

April 29, 2013 at 12:32 am

11. Danielle

I really wanna watch this movie, but I cant find anywhere that is playing it or selling it. Ive been all over CA looking for it. I own all of Rob Zobies films && there is no way that I’m settlin’ without this one!! It looks so good!! Please let me know where I can get this!! (:

April 28, 2013 at 3:49 am

13. James

Who’s running distribution on this? Momentum? Anchor Bay? It’s bullshit. Available to stream in the UK but not in the US? Only being shown in limited release at three theatres in the whole of L.A.? No listed general release date? I can’t begin to imagine how frustrating it must be as a film maker, or a production company, to have your movie’s chances destroyed by an incompetent distributor. And the ‘industry’ wonders why everyone’s turning to piracy.

April 28, 2013 at 2:54 am

Can you PLEASE tell me where I can watch this movie? My zip code is 28527. No matter what option to find showtimes I try, they all tell me that it is not showing in my area. I traveled 2 hours for House of 1,000 Corpses, and can’t remember how far I traveled to see the Devils Rejects. Hopefully I don’t have to travel the ~ 8 hours to Asheville to see The Lords of Salem.

April 27, 2013 at 12:32 am

17. jolene

hey why is there no canadian showing of lords of salem ? really want to see it is it set back for us ? is are we just not getting it ?

April 26, 2013 at 8:46 pm

19. Sly

Any chances of showing this in the Vermont area?

April 26, 2013 at 12:49 am

21. Sam

‘Lords of Salem’ is THE Satanic witchcraft movie. Zombie is THE Master of the horror genre.

April 25, 2013 at 9:17 pm

23. Breila

That Image of Heidi when she’s looks like a Madona with her crown and light behind her, on top of all the corpses, where would one find that image?
    It’s such beautiful imagry and I would love to have it.

April 25, 2013 at 8:08 pm

25. Carl

When is this flick coming to Canada?

April 25, 2013 at 7:55 pm

27. fuckin love lords of salem man!!! UR A DAMN PSYCHO!!! LOVE IT!!

April 25, 2013 at 8:32 am

29. John F. Gannon

You finally made a film that looks like a White Zombie song. Loved all the devil stuff and spooky Salem. Kudos from a Massachusetts homeboy. Where can I buy the “Lords of Salem” soundtrack?

April 25, 2013 at 2:09 am