Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
Barbara Crampton Virginia Cable
Michael Shamus Wiles Jarrett Perkins
Dustin Quick Masie Mather
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. SEAN ASHLEY

dude my girlfriend and I saw this movie on monday it was the JAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 24, 2013 at 11:08 pm

3. Ally Vamp

when is this released in the UK? Can’t wait to go see it :)

April 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm

• It is released in the UK – there was a small cinema release but you can get it on DVD – Asda have it or you can order it at Amazon

April 24, 2013 at 10:44 pm

5. Derik

Why is this film only playing in select cities and when will it go wide? I want to see it but it’s not playing here in Davenport, IA.

April 24, 2013 at 7:42 am

• tm

because they wont putup the money for a wide release unless it does well

April 24, 2013 at 3:38 pm

• 5
    • Jean

and it will only do well if it goes into wide release. Bastards!

April 24, 2013 at 5:18 pm

7. Jean Clayton

Not showing in Alaska :( dammit!

April 24, 2013 at 1:40 am

9. JennuhJabberwock

I really wish I could find this in theaters near me, apparently in my area, it doesn’t exist. DX I’m going to cry.

April 23, 2013 at 10:21 pm

11. So i had to travel over 100 miles just to see this movie. It was def good. kinda hard to follow. kept waiting for it to get more scarry but didnt happen. and the end i never understood :( but i def would watch again.

April 23, 2013 at 6:47 pm

13. FilthyFreak

Those fucking bastards aren’t showing this anywhere near where I live.
    I need to find the closest showing and take a road trip now!

April 23, 2013 at 6:00 pm

15. DocabKriz

House of 1000 Corpses & Lords of Salem are my favorite RZ movies. Keep up the good work Rob!

April 23, 2013 at 4:29 am

17. I think most people did not get the movie. It was a fucking masterpiece!

April 22, 2013 at 9:22 pm

19. steven sanspeur

whan is this movie in belgium ??????!!!!!!!!

April 22, 2013 at 9:15 pm

21. brian

Love all the movies and rz has put out so far… except this one.. HORRIBLE… senseless dribble..This is probably THE worse movie I have ever had to watch. Wish I never wasted my time…
    Still love your music and your other movies though..

April 22, 2013 at 12:50 pm

23. philliproy

ive bee a RZ fan ever since 98 cant get enough dont stop your fuckin awesome ive seen you 4 times already and august 3rd in Houston is gonna be my 5th time

April 22, 2013 at 6:59 am

25. philliproy

The movie was really blown away by it……………Zombie you put stuff in movies that nobody would dare to put in a movie……I’ll be seeing you in Houston, tx on August 3rd man and gonna get your album tomorrow………..i went with a girlfriend of mine and she so loved the movie and we were sitting behind a old couple and they was actually clappin to it………we stayed at the end after the credits…………..im gonna see it again

April 22, 2013 at 6:56 am

27. I’m looking forward to this. But God knows WHEN I’ll get to see it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the f**k over here in Australia. :(

April 22, 2013 at 12:21 am

29. Lauren F

Wow…just watched Lords of Salem and I was blown away. Rob Zombie is a genius! What a beautifully shot movie and super creepy! I can’t understand how people didn’t like this movie! Oh and Sheri Moon was amazing!

April 22, 2013 at 12:00 am