Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. Terry henderson

april 26 in memphis

April 21, 2013 at 8:04 pm

3. Craig

I see the UK version of LOS will be out tomorrow…any info on the release dates in the States???

April 21, 2013 at 6:19 pm

• It was released in theaters in the US April 19 but I do not have info for a DVDs release yet – as soon as I have that it will be posted on the news section of the site

April 22, 2013 at 1:03 am

5. Saimi

I wanna know when ur new movie lords of salem will be out in australia

April 21, 2013 at 2:54 pm

7. Richard

Oh my god!!!! I’ve been waiting for this movie for so long, and i just realize now that the release date of April 19th was for USA only.. :( I live in Montreal, Canada, and can’t find a release date on any theater sites. Only thing i found was that it was shown last fall at the Toronto International Film Festival, but absolutely no other news about a national release date. Does anybody knows?

April 21, 2013 at 7:30 am

9. Charlie Gonzalez

I,ve been a zombie fan since 92. His movies have been good until this one. I really hate to say it, cause I gave it every chance to be good and being from the Salem area I really looked foward to it being good. I’ve read, that in the 70’s Zombie used to watch CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE like the rest of us monster movie fans in the Boston area. I really thought cause zombie is from the area (local kid does good thing) this movie would of been more from his heart. I’m not sure what made it bad for me. It was in the right place for horror=Salem Ma. It had agreat plot=witches in modern day Salem. It had some great scenes. I told everybody this movie was going to be great only cause Rob Zombie was doing it. I agree with the guy below, Really it just hurts to be let down by my hero. But you always gotta remember, everybody makes a bad movie in their career and just cause I didn’t like it doesn’t mean it wasn’t good to someone else. I don’t know what’s next for Zombie, but I hope he goes back to his own original stories, kinda like House of 1000

April 21, 2013 at 4:39 am

11. Nickolas Perez

I am a huge zombie fan I love every movie from corpses to Halloween. In Halloween 2 i thought hmm I can get why she sees crazy shit kinda but this movie is a little to out there and i honestly think rob just did that movie for the check. H2 was okay but this, this is bullshit Shock for shocks sake, and it really was not scary not even interesting i did not care for any of the charters and did not gave 2 shits when anyone died. Really In H1 and The devils rejects you established people and made us care for them here we had random dj, a bald drunk, a drug addict, some doctor and his wife and 3 old hags who cares about them no one. Really it just hurts to be let down by my hero

April 21, 2013 at 3:16 am

13. buff

Can anyone let me know if this is going to be released in Australia? im really hangin to see it!!!

Cheers,
    -B

April 21, 2013 at 1:58 am

15. Having seen the film today and read the book, I would like to see the out takes from this movie.

April 21, 2013 at 12:49 am

17. Jerry

Its playing in salem mass come see it here

April 21, 2013 at 12:44 am

19. bob

the movie came out but in Quebec no place to see the movie it been 2 year i wait for that :(

April 21, 2013 at 12:34 am

21. Jim

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

April 20, 2013 at 10:48 pm

23. Chris Buck

Its not showing in Roanoke ,Va either. I guess I’ll have to drive a few hours to go see it my next day off.

April 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm

25. ron

is this showing only in select theaters?? :'(

April 20, 2013 at 9:40 pm

27. Colin

Don’t listen to all the bashing Rob, this was your best movie yet. Don’t let negativity stop you from making movies. I really enjoyed it, thanks.

April 20, 2013 at 7:45 pm

29. mach and jen davis

we drove a couple of hours to see this film and it was worth it.

April 20, 2013 at 5:22 pm