Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. kayabozdogan

GOD HATE THE LORD S OF SALEM::::: I LIKE ROB

January 18, 2013 at 1:59 pm

3. Reed Altman

Why use a Tuareg/Berber symbol to signify satan/rebirth?

January 18, 2013 at 5:44 am

5. nicole

im a big fan of ur movies and im so excited for ur new one!!!!!! but was curious if a part 3 of house of a thousand corps was gonna come out?

January 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

• Robert

Well considering they all died in the end of The Devils Rejects probably not…lol :P

January 18, 2013 at 8:11 pm

• 5
    • Jesse James

not all of them died. tiny was dragging a bitch through the woods. but the guy playing him did die in real life so…

January 24, 2013 at 1:05 am

7. Ricky

Patricia Quinn! Holy hell! I hope that she has a big part!

January 17, 2013 at 5:48 am

9. mrzombie is so damn cool

January 3, 2013 at 11:08 pm

11. joey OBrien

Do collect any horror and scifi stuff, like props, scripts, posters, stills etc? I’d love to know what stuff you got. I have autographs picts of Lugosi, Chaney Jr, Karloff, Lionel Atwill, Grant Williams as the Incredible Shrinking Man, Margaret Hamilton as the witch, the wicked witch is going to be the next cover for Famous Monsters too. Speaking of the witch, the guy who did her makeup, Jack Young who worked under Jack Dawn also did the Barlow makeup for Reggie Nalder and I got Reggie’s Barlow teeth. I have a few stills that were Jack Pierce’s and I got them years before the scrapbook was sold. Also have Cushing’s shoes, Lugosi’s pants and the outfit Forry Ackerman wore in Time Travelers. I thrive on horror, I NEED it to exist. I found out about you from a friend who had a White Zombie cassette tape. Immediately I figured whoever named their band that has got to love Lugosi as much as I do, maybe more!! I thought I was the only one who knew where those movie dialog snippets and sounds in your songs came from. Since you knew enough to put them in there, It felt great to know there was another fan like me. I mean to the point where you knew where all Lugosi’s houses were, kind of fan. Crap, now I’m tired of writing and I don’t know how to end this….ummm, CUT! END SCENE!

December 24, 2012 at 6:38 am

13. Seth bartman

My wife and I are massive horror movie collectors from Vancouver, we’ve been following the progress of this movie for well over a year my wife can’t help but touch my Penis when finding out the release date were so happy you brought back Sherri moon, Sid haig and dee Wallace a little disappointed in no bill mosely, befor your earlier movies the original Texas chainsaw massacre’s were some of the best horror moviesi think they butchered the remakes. ZOMBIES RULE and were prepared for when they do. By the way wicked concert last year. Wicked stag show hope you bring your wife on stag next time … She’s hot….. A dedicated fan of your arts Seth bartman and Kerri landry

December 23, 2012 at 6:58 pm

15. Gene

I loved “The Devils Rejects”. I’d like to know what song is playing in the background during Sid Haigs sex scene, and NO it is NOT “Shambala”. Shambala plays after he calls her a whore. Thanks

December 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm

17. april urbanek

I was just wondering when the release is of. The lords of salem? I’m dying to see it.I’m such a fan of the other movies!

December 1, 2012 at 2:51 pm

19. Terrance Taylor

ROB ZOMBIE is by far in my eyes one of the greatest artist, director, writer the whole nine yards. I’m dying to go to one of the concerts just slackin on money. ROCK HARD Mr. Zombie.

November 28, 2012 at 1:27 am

21. Lola666Zombie

i a looking sooooooooo forward to watching this movie!! i am sure it is AMAZING!! i am a DVD collector and i own all RobZombie’s movies.. so yeah, as soon as this one’s released, i will buy it, too! <3

November 24, 2012 at 1:29 pm

23. shane mills

ive seen all the movies,seen rob in concert last week and cant wait to see this and the bullies,but what happened to the bolb and please tell me that i will be able to see this movie in alabama,right

November 14, 2012 at 12:03 am

25. Barry

Looks stupid as hell !!!!

November 11, 2012 at 2:52 pm

27. angelnvertigo

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Going to see it at the first showing here in SLC.

November 9, 2012 at 4:09 pm

29. fear061

So excited, I own all your flicks cant wait to add this to my growing collection. Wish a real director like you would bang out a movie about H.H Holmes, Americas first serial killer. Best parts of your movies is the music. Many thanks

November 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm