Plot Summary

A Salem, MA, radio DJ receives a mysterious record that unleashes a diabolical force of evil in this slow-burn shocker written and directed by Rob Zombie, and produced by Paranormal Activity’s Oren Peli. Back in 1696, Reverend Jonathan Hawthorne (Andrew Prine) condemned a coven of witches led by Margaret Morgan (Meg Foster) to death, burning them without remorse in the woods surrounding Salem. Just over 300 years later, the small town has become a beacon for anyone interested in the supernatural. Heidi Hawthorne (Sheri Moon Zombie), Herman “Whitey” Salvador (Jeffrey Daniel Phillips) and Herman Jackson (Ken Foree) are the hosts of a popular Salem radio show with a playful occult slant. One day, after interviewing noted author Francis Matthias (Bruce Davison) on the air, Heidi receives a package containing a record from a band named the Lords. The following day, when Heidi plays the record on the airwaves, a strange spell falls over the locals.

Later, as the Lords announce they will be performing a concert in town and the typically carefree Heidi grows increasingly withdrawn, Matthias senses that the sins of the past may be returning to haunt Salem. And he couldn’t be more right — something wicked has returned to this cursed town, and with each day that passes, Heidi slips ever deeper into its sinister grasp. Patricia Quinn, Dee Wallace, Michael Berryman, and Sid Haig co-star. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

Watch the Trailer

Movie Gallery

(click on an image to open up full screen gallery – works on your smartphone too)

Movie Credits

(in credits order – information from IMDb)

Sheri Moon Zombie Heidi Hawthorne
Bruce Davison Francis Matthias
Jeff Daniel Phillips Herman ‘Whitey’ Salvador (as Jeffrey Daniel Phillips)
Judy Geeson Lacy Doyle
Barbara Crampton Virginia Cable
Michael Shamus Wiles Jarrett Perkins
Dustin Quick Masie Mather
James Messersmith Drug Dealer
Troy Troy (the dog)

1. simon

will The LORDS OF SALEM be released in australia?

September 23, 2012 at 5:02 am

• peter

I friggin’ hope so!!!

May 21, 2013 at 11:41 am

3. Michael Keehfuss

Is there a trailer out yet for Lords of Salem?

September 22, 2012 at 5:10 pm

• No there is no trailer for the lord’s of salem yet it’s just picked up a new distributor so trailer is in the works but as to when please keep an eye on the news page

September 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm

5. Michael

I can’t wait to see this movie!!

September 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm

7. Gina Kirkland

Please tell me the release date??? is it really 2013????

I can’t wait to see this! I think Rob is magnificent as his wife too! A must see!!!!!!!

September 22, 2012 at 12:07 am

9. babymomma

i can’t wait until this comes out i am so excited

September 20, 2012 at 6:02 pm

• when the fuck does this come out?

September 21, 2012 at 8:21 pm

11. Spooky

Anyone know a little more spacificly when THE LORDS OF SALEM is coming?

September 18, 2012 at 6:17 pm

• The film has only just picked up a distributor so we don’t have a date for it coming out just yet, but having a distributor on board means things are apace now.

September 18, 2012 at 6:49 pm

13. Can’t wait to see this! I’m still waiting for Rob to dissapoint me with one of his films…but I don’t think that is every going to happen. Glad to see Sid Haig is in the cast! Just watched Spider Baby again for the first time in a long time and was thinking Sid was due for anther movie. Can’t wait to paint Sid for Zombilly Ray’s Horror and Hod Rods show in Tucson next year. Sids gonna be there and we are both going to Autograph it and auction it off for the Wounded Warriors Charity. (Sid if you are reading this…hopefully Zombilly Ray has had a chance to talk to you about this….

September 18, 2012 at 6:09 pm

15. GabbyBaby

I so can not wait to experience this movie. I have always enjoyed Rob’s music/movies and always will. I love his style and his I don’t give a shit if the “Big Wigs” like it or not attitude. I have nothing but respect for the man, or anyone for that matter who chooses to be who they are and not who everyone else wants them to be. I will always check out his work because of this. I love the fact you never really know what to expect with his films. It gives me a rush every time you watch something new by Rob, and I can’t wait to experience that rush again with this new film.

September 14, 2012 at 10:08 pm

17. criss

Any movie by Rob keeps calling you back, the more you watch it the more you like it. Most originality in my mind and much respect. I really enjoy your creativity, and you dont make anything to please ayone you make it how you see it and if you like it great if not f%$k you…thats what I love about you and thats what made me a fan of your music/movies and will continue to do so. I’ve always been a huge fan of horror films and favorite time has always been halloween so your music and films have always spoken to me. Your #1, whatever it is your hands touch…keep it up. Long Live Zombie.

September 13, 2012 at 8:18 pm

19. Linda

I was so hoping it would be out for halloween.

September 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm

21. Krystal B

I really hope Rob Zombie is at the second showing of Lords of Salem tomorrow. please please please please please be there! you have to be.

September 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm

23. Shane

Dammm….can’t wait for this to be releasee….can’t wait any longer for the trailer!!!

September 11, 2012 at 4:24 pm

25. mark

when will the official trailer come out?

September 11, 2012 at 5:08 am

27. Chris

Is December 1st the release date for lords

September 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm

29. cemeterygirl

Love this…will be sharing on my fb as usual :)

September 10, 2012 at 2:13 pm