header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Halloween 2 ( 2009)
Started by Captain Spauldin Moon 2 years ago

I have seen a lot of opinions about this film online..Both positive and negative..So I wanted to start a discussion about it and see what members of this board think.....

MELC replied 2 years ago...

Soz but no were near as good as the 1st Halloween (Not original) x

Tiny Jesus Frankenstein replied 2 years ago...

The director's cut is better than the remake in every way. The best Halloween since the original.

Unholy Lord of Salem replied 2 years ago...

It is the only Rob Zombie film that I never bothered to add to my video library, actually... couldn't get into it at all, though I loved what he did with Halloween (and indeed, far prefer his version to the original... the scenes with Michael as a child were inspired, and very well-acted).

Come for the chicken-run blast-o-rama, stay for the werewolf women!

+2
Tiny SpiderBaby replied 2 years ago...

I really like Robs Halloween 2, I prefer it to his first (I like that one as well). It didn't follow the path of the usual Halloween concept, It was a story about Lauries struggle to deal with what had happened to her in the first movie and not about Micheal going on his usual killing spree. I think Laurie slowly turning mad unable to cope with a madman killing all her family and friends and an arrogant Dr Loomis who was transformed from a downtrodden psychiatrist to a best selling in demand author who was now making money, really wasn't that hard for people to get their heads around.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

I agree SpiderBaby.., I also liked that it wasn't just another movie about Micheal going on a killing spree..

Tiny SpiderBaby replied 2 years ago...

I guess it was just too different for what some Halloween fans had become accustom to. Apart for the excessive gore and the visions of Deborah Myers and the white horse (which I liked lol) I thought the story was pretty realistic in terms of how the main characters reacted to what had happened to them all in the first movie. But that's just me

Tiny Hypermac99 replied 2 years ago...

I loved it. Agree the Directors cut was much better than Theatrical version. I got to watch them film here in Atlanta. Great experience. Got to meet a lot of the cast. Here is my photo album if anyone is interested. http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/hypermac99/h2/

Very cool.

Tiny Stylized Corpse replied 2 years ago...

Somewhere Donald Henry Pleasence is saying...."Huh?!"

Tiny strix replied 2 years ago...

it was good, but i first was better to me, it started out real good if not great, but as soon as she woke up it took a uturn, but there are some really good parts that kept me into it, but in all i felt like Rob my have ran out of what to do with it.

Tiny Jay Boogeyman replied 2 years ago...

I loved it, it was one of the few times where I emailed rob, to tell him I dont know why people are downing this movie and blah blah blah I Loved it, and he emailed by saying thanks for the nice comments about the movie....i was beside myself, I was like thanks?!? Im not the one that was no doubtly working on set 10 to 14 hour s a day, then editing the damn thing 14 to maybe 18 hours a day, I was like you put in the time for art, so thank you for your art vesion. .... or something along though those lines....

+2

When Halloween 2 came out, I saw it on opening night, and I just had to go see it again a few days later..And bring two of my friends..And I liked even more the 2nd time. It seems like the people who hated this version of Halloween 2 were mad because it wasn't like the original Halloween 2. I am glad it wasn't. I love to see original ideas in horror films.

Tiny Hypermac99 replied 2 years ago...

I saw it 3 times in the theater.

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 2 years ago...

"I really like Robs Halloween 2, I prefer it to his first (I like that one as well). It didn't follow the path of the usual Halloween concept, It was a story about Lauries struggle to deal with what had happened to her in the first movie and not about Micheal going on his usual killing spree. I think Laurie slowly turning mad unable to cope with a madman killing all her family and friends and an arrogant Dr Loomis who was transformed from a downtrodden psychiatrist to a best selling in demand author who was now making money, really wasn't that hard for people to get their heads around."----SpiderBaby ^^ This. This is precisely why I love Halloween 2. Very well thought out and Real. I can understand why some people felt it strayed too far from the original concept of a man in a mask walking around killing people...but really, get over it. How many of those do you really want anyway? This on the other hand was a truly inspired story and very believable.

Tiny MiloVonnegut replied 1 year ago...

Where does it go from here?

JimmyRZ replied 1 year ago...

I love Halloween 2, but it has nothing on the first half of halloween.  Daeg did an amazing job portraying young michael myers.  He was creepy and the part really fit him. I remember actaully getting creeped out by the first halloween which rarely happens for me 

Tiny sinful celluloid replied 8 months ago...

I love this film and recently among some fellow Journalists I explained why. I ended up posting about it because I really wanted the world to hear my thoughts on it. I think it has been judged unfairly! http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/347543-why-i-love-rob-zombies-halloween-2/#comment-1250981744

Check out the best retro reviews on the planet:http://www.sinfulcelluloid.com/

Tiny MiloVonnegut replied 5 months ago...

I was reading on random articles on upcoming horror sequels. They had an article on HALLOWEEN 3. Nothing interesting really. But apparently, they were going make a spin-off the Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN movies in 2010, called "THE LAST SUPPER". Set in the RZ HALLOWEEN universe, but based on a line of dialogue from the original HALLOWEEN from 1978. Must have been cancelled.

Here's the link to the old article: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/20670/halloween-spin-off-last-supper-the-russellville-hacksaw-murders/

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php