header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Twins of Evil - Chicago - 11 October 2012
Started by Captain Spauldin Emma 1 year ago

Clients: Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D, Tommy Clufetos: see my work: http://www.facebook.com/1976designs
Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

See you guys here!

The show is tonight!  I'm excited!  I'm going to begin pre-gaming in a few hours (yes I know it's 9am).  If anyone see's me, come out and say hi.  I should be in heavy make up.

Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 1 year ago...

The show rocked!!

A few pics via my instagram
http://livingdeadgirlnicoleart.blogspot.com/2012/10/twins-of-evil-show.html

Normally I am so close Rob can spit on me and I get a lot of amazing photos.. but being in the pit and having my father in law with us.. my husband was concerned how well he would adapt in dead center of the pit so we stayed  a little back this time. 

It really was amazing!  One of the best stage shows I've seen of Rob's.  And a killer setlist as well!  It was like he took all the cool things about the last tour and just upped it and expanded it.  I was front and center!  Right next to the infamous Teena Byrd.

HBiiC replied 1 year ago...

The greatest show I will EVER see!  Anyone have the setlist?

Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 1 year ago...

Yah have seen Marilyn Manson a few times and seen Rob a ton of times... was nice to see them all in the same night. All it needed was some Alice Cooper to top it off and I would be in heaven... or hell but in a good way ha ha. The Halloween Hootenany tour was so awesome since Rob and Alice were together. I would love to see a shock rock show with all three!!!!!!!!

Captain Spauldin Emma replied 1 year ago...

Setlist: 

1. Jesus Frankenstein 
  2. Superbeast 
  3. Meet the Creeper 
  4. Living Dead Girl 
  5. More Human Than Human 
  6. Mars Needs Women 
  7. Drum Solo 
  8. Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy) 
  9. Sick Bubble-Gum 
  10. Scum of the Earth 
  11. House of 1000 Corpses 
  12. Thunder Kiss '65 (with Guitar Solo)
  13. School's Out 
  14. Dragula 

Clients: Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D, Tommy Clufetos: see my work: http://www.facebook.com/1976designs

+1
bitterbastard80 replied 1 year ago...

8th Zombie show 7th Manson. Came all the way down with a group of 6 from Green Bay.  I was the Chicago show the night before. First, Wish you would have rough PM5K with lol. I saw Manson going off, drunk, screwing up songs, then walking off without 'The Beautiful People'. Blame you? Maybe without all the Cher type costume changes he would have had time to finish his set. I have seen you 8 times and him 7. I've seen both you're showiest stage performances and stripped down. After the Chicago show I sensed trouble. This was NOT a co headlining tour. I'm sorry. You blew Manson out of the water with both showman ship, professionalism, and performance. Interaction with the crowd, and most importantly YOUR band seemed happy (and safe), having a good time. NEVER saw you that pissed before when I saw the video. What's Alice Cooper up to right now?

+1
bitterbastard80 replied 1 year ago...

Here is s full review I wrote that may or may not make onto hangar19radio.com 

For many years, the world of shock rock has had one fiery burning question: Whose the heir to Alice Coopers thrown; Marilyn Manson with is shocking stage antics or Rob Zombie and his monster Mayhem. Never before had these two toured together for a true side by side comparison.  That hope came to a gloriously dark head as ‘The Twins of Evil Tour’ rolled it’s was into Chicago last night. As a listener and of both, I remember back in high school dreaming ‘What if Manson and Zombie toured together?’ Took about 13 years but we got it. So when this was announced, I knew from the onset this was going to be a friendly battle of showmanship. Who could steal the crowds more? By the end of this article There was a clear cut winner.

Originally Jonathan Davis (JDevil his dubstep alter ego) was supposed to open. He dropped of due to exhaustion, so in his place we got our good friend Sid (AKA DJ Starscream) opening up. If you go back to his interview here on Hangar 19 he went into his style of hardcore, jungle, dub, and spinning. Mask’s are must for his as we did not see his face under a glowing Starscream mask , with matching hoodie. A couple heavy dance mixes of Nine Inch Nails  ‘ Perfect Drug’ and Nena’s ’99 Luft Balloons’. Unusually open to say the least for this concert, crowd seemed ok with it but it was the ‘What doesn’t fit here’ moment.

Next was onto the notorious ‘Man of Ban’ Mr. Marilyn Manson. Good to still see by his side the still dress wearing and all to pretty for a guy Twiggy Ramirez. As he has been since he cam back he has taken over the rotating guitar spot. (Side note: John 5 and Ginger Fish, former Manson band mates are now playing for Zombie) Manson opened his set with ‘ Hey, Cruel World’ off the new album ‘Born Villian’, then launching into anthems like ‘Disposable Teens’, ‘Mobscene’,’ Dope Show’  and more. Twiggy rocked a very Bootsy Collins-esque  Flying V for ‘Rock is Dead’ .  Had enough costume changes to make Cher cringe, virtually one for each song. In the middle of the set Manson announced the powers that be would not let him play a longer set but with middle finger raised he decried he would continue, then launching into ‘Slo Motion’. An on stage make up lesson next then launching in his version of ‘Personal Jesus’ Now Personal Jesus is a song about false prophets, televangelists, This is where his set got very curious. At the end of the song Manson went of script with a  laundry list of things to ‘Reach out and touch faith in’ Obama, society, schools, churches, and interestingly enough his old label Interscope Records. Bitter much? The highlight of the set was his performance of  ‘ Coma White’  as snow fell upon the crowd. The visual of him in a long brimmed black fedora singing such a sad song of loss with gentle snow falling created very visually artistic and stunning contrast. that his performance just went down hill. Manson seemed sluggish, tired and is starting to grow bit of a paunch on his once lean frame.  At one point he signaled to the side stage for water, then immediately knocked it out of the hands of his stage help.  A podium with the shock logo of years past and nazi-esque guard tower likeness was brought out to ‘King Kill 33’ for the band to launch into the title track of his seminal record ‘Antichrist Superstar’.  I just saw him in May perform this song flawlessly, but tonight he as the night and his performance grew erratic, he was lost during the first verse looking back at his drummer and over at Twiggy before picking up at the chorus.  After this he stormed off stage the podium removed and the set was over. What?! Each show he had been ending with the crowd pleasing and giant hit ‘Beautiful People’ Even his new drummer had come back out and was ready to play until the drum tech has to clue him in that Mr. Manson would not be returning. House lights were up and the crowd that was waiting for the powerful finally were left wondering what happened.  In 8 shows of seeing Manson, never has THAT of all songs been skipped. Yeah, it’s a heavily played song, but there were people in the crowd who paid to see that performance. It’s amazing how one song can be a game changer to the performance or a performer. Maybe without all the costume changes  in a vain attempt to one up his ‘co-headlining’ partner he would have had the time to finish his set.

Next up was the Maestro of Macabre Rob Zombie and his merry band of Manson escapee’s. Rob absolutely without a doubt showed what a true showman of the people he is. With a mammoth sized robot, flames and smoke (if you had asthma, this was not your night) the band launched into ‘Jesus Frankenstein’. The screens playing clips of the classic Frankenstein movies help drive home who is King of the Hollywood monsters. The All- State erupted in fire next as Rob rolled right into hits like ‘Superbeast’.  Afterwards Rob addressed the crowd on how lovely was to see at the beautiful people in the crowd.  A poke at what happened perhaps? The band launched into the hits like Living Dead Girl, More Human Than Human,  along with new anthems  ‘Sick Bubblegum and riding a mechanical beast out for ‘Mars Needs Woman’ . Ever change Rob and the band had they went to the crowd to get them going even more. The Band seemed lively, happy and excited to be there.  One treat for myself personally was them playing the deep cut ‘Scum of the Earth’, one of zombie’s hardest hitting songs.  ‘House of a 1000 Corpses’ is a staple in his sets and a great self advertising tool.  The highlight of the entire evening was when rob stopped the crowd to take a step back in time. “A While back there was this tour called the War of the Gargantua’s Tour. A little band called White Zombie and another band called Pantera played and here’s a little song that’s left over..” before the riff for Thunderkiss 65 roared the crowd into delight. But this was no ordinary rendition. Before the last verse, Rob grabbed a spot light then proceeded to walk THROUGH  the crowd while John 5 solo’d his live the guitar god he is. I managed to get close enough to touch Rob. No, my hand will no be washed for a while.  Rob returned to the stage, finished the song, turning it into a medley with Alice Cooper’s  ‘School’s Out’  The crowd who hasn’t seen it yet (It’s officially up on Youtube) got to see the new movie trailer for Rob’s next movie project ‘Lords of Salem’. This looks to be Rob’s masterpiece.  Then, riding a 12 foot high beast podium he closed the night with his crowd pleaser ‘Dragula’  Rob introduced the band, Piggy D, Gingerbread Man (Formerly Manson’s Ginger Fish) and John 5. This night in Chicago the crowd went home knowing who the better overall performer and showman was. Worth seeing this show? For sure!  Long as it lasts. 

debimaster replied 1 year ago...

I was really super excited to see both Manson and Zombie...Manson was very dissapointing though. He looked like he wasn't happy to be there, messing up lyrics, and no crowd interaction. RZ came out, and the crowd WOKE UP! Such a professional, energetic, performer! Great crowd interaction, and visuals. No one was sitting down!! Really dissapointed in Manson though. RZ was the headliner! Manson was the opening act. (Even though I really love Manson, something was wrong with him)...Great show though, worth it to see RZ's performance!

salander replied 1 year ago...

I agree completely about Manson.  His performance was lackluster, which is a shame because I'm a huge fan and he has never disappointed me when I've seen him live.  He seemed completely out of it the whole time.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php