header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
TLOS Novel
Started by Captain Spauldin Moon 1 year ago

I am driving over to Barnes and Nobles to get my copy tomorrow. I would have it today, but I didn't have today off, and the nearest town with a Barnes and Nobles is 45 minutes away..Anyway, I am pretty excited to be getting it. I was wondering, who already has their copy of the novel? What do you think so far?

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I just my copy today..Barnes and Nobles only seemed to have 2 copies when I showed up today..I spent an hour reading it tonight..I haven't sat down and read a book for that long in awhile. Wow..The beginning chapters are pretty fucking dark..Anyway, if anyone else is reading the book right now, it would be cool to discuss it.

Otis B. Driftwood Skatan replied 1 year ago...

im gonna get it soon online ma be this weekend,,,I collect books even if i dont get to reading right awa/ but who knows ma be ill read it soon as i get it put me back in track with me reading

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

stillfor still waiting for my copy to arrive from amazon 

SexyJoeyG commented 1 year ago
I'm just gonna sit on the toilet while I wait for mine to arrive.

Really? The one time I bought something on Amazon, I got it pretty quickly...But, I got my copy at Barnes and Nobles..They did forget to reserve my copy for some reason, but there were still 2 copies left in the store.

Really!  It sort of sucks but at the same time, I'm not sure I really want to read it before I see the movie so that is why I'm not SUPER pissed!!!   lol.  I used to play a lot of video games as a kid and I don't really play them anymore.  I now use my PS3 as a dvd player.....But the one game series I still play is Metal Gear Solid.  The story is really great.  I will always buy those games.  But, that being said, I pre-ordered the most recent game and it didn't come for about 2 weeks.  That being said, I always get my shit on amazon on time.  It was just the last two orders.....the Lords of Salem book and another product I wont mention that was very very late.  I hope I get it soon.  I will let you guys know when I get it!!!!!   Have you read the reviews of Lords of Salem book?

I did read one really positive review..The one posted on here..Been reading the novel it's self..Liking it so far.Don't want to take it to work though and read it during my lunch..Too worried about ruining my copy..I have a copy of Stephen King's Full Dark No Stars in my locker at work.I have been reading it during lunch, but some how, I managed to accidently tear the cover off. I don't want something like that to happen to my copy of TLOS..

got the book!  Read the first chapter but I don't want to spoil the movie for myself....not sure if I'll continue!

Got to around page 113 tonight..Not going to spoil it, but stuff is beginning to happen..Maybe I will spoil the movie for myself if I continue, but I am having fun reading..

+1
Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 1 year ago...

I got my copy in the mail last week and started to read it this weekend. Man are we in for a treat on the 19th. 

00DarkAngel00 replied 1 year ago...

I absolutely loved the book! I can't wait for the movie! And I don't generally read that much! haha Oh and for the FIRST TIME EVER! I was lucky and won an autographed book cover whoo hoo! I can't wait to get it!

-Melissa ~Dark Angel~

Finally got around to seriously reading this book.  I'm only 9 chapters in, but if anything from these first 9 chapters made it into the film, it's going to be one hell of a movie!!

Hell yeah.. I have about 4 more chapters to read, but I might save those til after Friday..Just incase the ending of the movie and the book are the same..Wouldn't wanna ruin it.

Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 1 year ago...

There was a alot of really cool things in the book I wanted to see on the big screen that wasn't there. I liked it.. definitely trippy and I think it helped that I read the book first.. it gave a lot of the back story and explained alot of what was going on in the film. I was actually explaining some things to my husband who didnt read it and he said by me telling him those things from the book it made more sense. I was really hoping to see woman chop their men into pieces on film ha ha

Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 replied 1 year ago...

Just loaded the novel onto my Kindle and started reading it......I like some of the background stuff at the beginning that the film didn't cover in as much detail. I wonder if some of it will be in a Director's Cut Edition of the film on dvd and Blu-Ray. So far so good.......happy with film, happy with the book.

Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't calll me "Shirley."

I am hoping we get to see some cool stuff in a directors cut or deletes scenes.

Banjo BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

I look forward to reading the novel soon! Def wanna compare it to the film

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Tiny Invictus replied 1 year ago...

I wanted to read the novel before I watched the film as I didn't want the way I visualised the world of the book tainted by what I'd seen.  Comparing book and film is a little like comparing apples and oranges; there are things that can be done on the page that would be impossible to acheive on the screen. Take, for example, the opening section: no board of censors, no matter how progressive they may be, would allow those images to be released to a mainstream audience. I like to see book and film as companion pieces, telling the same story, but through different mediums. Anyone who likes the film, or anyone confused by any of the imagery, would be well advised to pick up the novel, it's a good read.
I live in England and the only way I could get a copy was online from the States; when it arrived it was a first edition copy of the hardback from Grand Central Publishing. If ever I get to meet Rob Zombie it is the one thing that I'll take for him to sign. 

And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php