header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
When Did You First see House of 1000 Corpses?
Started by Captain Spauldin Moon 2 years ago
I was wondering when you first saw this film, and what your reaction was.. I remember when it came out in April of 2003..The week after my birthday..I had been wanting to see House of 1000 Corpses, since I heard about it a couple years before. I was pretty excited, and I invited a couple of my friend to go with me..But, the day the movie came out, we found out our local theater wasn't showing it..I was so pissed...We found out the nearest theater showing House of 1000 Corpses was somewhere in Seattle, One of the friends I was suppost to originally see it with had a car, and she wanted to try to drive to Seattle, so we could see it. But, a lot of shit came up and we weren't able to go..So, I didn't get to see it in theaters..But, I did end up picking up a copy of the movie around Halloween that year, and I was watching it over and over. I loved it, because it was different than most other horror movies I had seen..

vicnik03 replied 2 years ago...

well i think it was when it first came out i could go look on the dvd but a little lazy right now hey we all diserve that right. but i love them both u are awsome in every movie rob has you in you have such a demented way about you in the movies but i love every bit of it you are so good what you do, and i ove the devils rejects its so cool that before you hit play on a house of 1000 corpses sid comes out after you ring the bell and he is funny as shit.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

Oh man, I love the dvd extras on the House of 1000 Corpses dvd,.

+1
Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 2 years ago...

I actually purchased presale tickets for opening night at my local movie theater. I had it on my calendar and was literally counting the months, days and seconds till I was in my seat in front of the screen. I absolutely loved it.. and I loved it because it had that Rob Zombie vibe about it through out the whole movie.. the colors, the characters, the in between Sheri/Bettie Page like flash scenes, the music etc. It is still to this day my favorite zombie film and I think that is why I love it so much. It screams Rob Zombie. When I walked out of the theater me and my fiance (my husband now) could not stop talking about it.. I literally walked out in the parking lot and did the Chris Hardwick "DR SATAN" and he was cracking up at me ha ha. That's how happy I was when I left the theater ha ha. When the DVD came out I purchased it right away and of course went straight home to watch it and the beginning where Sid starts talking shit to you is classic!! When he goes "well SHIT THE BED!" I was cracking up... When I first met Sid and asked him for his autograph he was like "what would you like me to put on this" and I was like "Shit the Bed!!" he looked up at me in complete shock thats what I wanted, started to crack up and said "WELL SHIT THE BED!" just like Spaulding and then signed it for me. That moment started my user name of ShitTheBed on Sid's site ha ha. Everyone is always like a girl like you with a user name like that is just hilarious.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

Yeah, I think I remember you went by ShitTheBed at the official Devil's Rejects board..

CorpseReject replied 2 years ago...

I waited for years for this movie to come out...and Nicole I couldn't have said it better then you did! I pre-ordered tickets to see it and the only theater I could go to see it at was 30 minutes away. I listened to the soundtrack over and over before we finally saw it and could already quote the movie! My husband and I loved the movie so much that when it finally opened to more theaters we went back to another one with friends and we saw it again. I of course bought the movie right away when it was on DVD and I also had to buy the Blu-Ray too. It is my favorite RZ movie by far!

Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 2 years ago...

OMG CR I did the same thing.. I totally forgot about that. I kept listening to the soundtrack before it came out and me and my husband were like... oh man what do you think this is gonna be in the movie ha ha ha. I remember one of our friends heard us listening to it and was like "WTF are you listening too.. you guys are fucked up" ha ha ha and started laughing.

kassandralove replied 2 years ago...

I saw it in theaters!

RobZombieIsAGod replied 1 year ago...

I think I first seen it when I was about 7 or 8 since I was born in '97. Best movie EVER, didnt get to see it in theaters but when I got the DVD and still have that same DVD to this day, I watched it non-stop for weeks!! Defentily an awesome horrific movie!! Two thumbs up!!

~Destinie~

Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

Opening night. April 11th 2003. I was 14 years old and I was so fucking excited. I was practically shaking the whole time as my adrenaline was going through the roof. I had waited for this movie for 3 years, since I first heard about it through Fangoria magazine. I remember sitting in my basement late at night listening to the song House of 1000 Corpses off of Sinister Urge on repeat trying to scare myself and fantasize about what the movie was about. Trying to read as much into the lyrics as I could. Needless to say, I was way off! lol But boy was it fun. Almost shit myself seeing clips of the movie during the Merry Mayhem tour (my first concert ever).

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I know what you mean..Before House of 1000 Corpses came out, I saw the trailer at Ozzfest, before Rob went on..After that, I was pretty excited about the movie coming out, because, of course I had my copy of The Sinister Urge, and I listened to the lyrics on House of 1000 Corpses, and they sounded really creepy. I couldn't wait to see a horror movie like that, and I was mad that I had to, because my local theater decided not to show it.

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

That was the one major draw back for most of NC. A lot of theaters didn't wanna play it. I had to go to Hickory to see the film.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

If I remember right, it started out in very select theaters. The normal theater I go to did not show it. I had to check the news paper and find a theater that did. It was a few towns away, but I found one. Later, the movie ended up doing so good on the select theater route that they moved it to a major release toward the end and I believe that at one point or another it was in just about every theater. Damn those were fun times to be a Zombie fan. No one had faith that this rockstar could actually pen a good story. But we all knew and always had faith. And we shared the last laugh with Rob when all the movies did so good. It's a nice feeling when detractors get put in their place. Revenge can taste sweet.

The Professor GODHEAD replied 1 year ago...

I crashed the opening at the Arclight Cinemas on Sunset.Rob had let it be known where the opening was going to be held at on a now defunct FM radio talkshow station w/ David Adell.me and a few other L.A. zombie fans showed up there just to hang out,not expecting to get in when the lady,with the tickets,came up to me and asked "how many in your party?"...i got in,sat in the aisle in front of Glen Danzig and his then girlfriend.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

That must have rocked..

Unholy Lord of Salem replied 1 year ago...

That is all kinds of metal, Gil! \m/ Well played! As for me, I the first showing at the theatre here.

Come for the chicken-run blast-o-rama, stay for the werewolf women!

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

The movie was originally slated to play here but then it was later changed. the reason why was never told but I figured it was because of the religious groups.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Tiny Invictus replied 6 months ago...

I remember watching it on Halloween night 2003 on DVD round at a mate's house. Of course I'd heard about for quite some time before then and I couldn't wait to catch up with it. My initial thought was it was like Texas Chain Saw Massacre on acid. I loved it's energy and shameless intention to tell a story without having to compromise. Spent weeks after seeing it telling people they need to catch up with it. I'm probably in the minority but as a film I prefer it to The Devil's Rejects. 

And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php