header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/3199/11328/1_burn_witch_burn_poster_02.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/3199/11722/1_red_theater_seats_3d_render.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
what is your all time favorite horror movie?
Started by WolfNStein666 2 years ago
totally have to say the original Frankenstein with Boris Karloff

Tiny HORRORHOLIC replied 2 years ago...

The Return Of The Living Dead.

Tiny Crippletown replied 2 years ago...

The Evil Dead

Tiny Sixxalicious replied 2 years ago...

I can't pick just one. Freaks (1932), A Nightmare On Elmstreet (the original), Rosemary's Baby, Motel Hell.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

Either Hellraiser or House of 1000 Corpses

Sheriff Wydell Emma Firefly replied 2 years ago...

Moving to other films section of the forum. And as an aside - hard to choose, I particularly like The Fog (original) especially with a surround sound cinema set up at home and all the lights off.

Clients: Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D see my work: http://www.facebook.com/1976designs

+1
Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 2 years ago...

Wow... I can't pick just one. All of Rob Zombie's films are great candidates. I really do love all of his work on different levels...not just because I am a fan. I like dark movies that are horrifying but that might not technically be considered horror. For example, I love Clockwork Orange and Natural Born Killers....not exactly horror, but very horrifying content and beautifully done. I love all the classics like Rosemarys Baby, The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw, Evil Dead, The Shining... Maybe one of those... There's a lot of great new stuff coming out too. I love everything Eli Roth has done. Cabin Fever, and Hostel 1 &2

Tiny Alan Coy replied 2 years ago...

The original Creature from the Black Lagoon

ACoyBoy

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 2 years ago...

EVIL DEAD

Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 replied 2 years ago...

THE EXORCIST

Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't calll me "Shirley."

The Shining is another one of my favorites.

REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM.... did u ever catch the guy in the dog costume in one of the rooms i die laughing everytime i see it

Oh, you mean this guy? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmOoekbK6YI

OMFG YES LMFAOOOO!! it so random but u needed to read the book to get it.

Yep, they left most of that part out of the movie, except for that scene.

I read the book years ago in the back of a van travelling from Florida...many summers ago{#emotions_dlg.clock} Great book - THE STAND is probably my favorite King book.

also im very fond on nightmare on Elm street i watch it everytime it comes on tv... i gotta thing for freddy i guess.

Otis B. Driftwood Lola666Zombie replied 2 years ago...

i ADORE my 1,200PLUS DVDs in my collection and most of them are HORROR!

SO hard to Choose!

first that comes to mind right now are the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" the first one and the Beginning ... also LOVE Stephen King's "It" Fuckin Pennywise Te Dancing Clown, motherfucker from hell mwahahahahahahahahaha... LOVE "Dead Silence" .. last night i watched John Carpenter's "inThe Mouth of Madness"  and "The Ward"

TONS of great HORROR movies around :>~  ... i also got a bunch of Japanese/Korean Horror, very kool :>~

Which Japanese and Korean Horror films do you like?

Otis B. Driftwood Lola666Zombie replied 2 years ago...

gooooooooooooooood morning @Moon

how you doing?

well, i do like "shutter" , "audition" and "the host" <--- these 3 right on top of my mind,  i do own them and recommend them .. i am still half asleep.. <yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn>

lovies, lola

THE HOST is a lot of fun...not to be confused with the upcoming movie of the same name based on the Stephanie Meyer book.......another fun one from the British 60's is BURN WITCH BURN...slower paced like most British horror but definitely worth it.........

Sweet..I have Audition and The Host on DVD at home..And I have seen Burn Witch Burn..I have never seen the poster for it though, and it is pretty sweet..I love horror movie posters.

I think really good movie poster art stopped about 10 years ago as the way movies are marketed has changed....I also used to love lobby cards.

I have never seen a lobby card in a theater..But there is this antique store I sometimes go window shop at..They have movie posters and lobby cards..I keep hoping I find a Lobby card from an older horror movie I like. To go with my collection of horror posters.

When I was in high school there was a store that sold posters and lobby cards....I had quite a collection of lobby cards from b-movies like Galaxy of Terror, Terror Train and the original Prom Night....and even a few Planet of the Apes ones as well.......

Nice..I would love to find one from Halloween or The Shining.

@Moon Take a look at  www.filmposters.com  They sell both posters and lobby cards. 

Thanks

Otis B. Driftwood Skatan replied 2 years ago...

house of 1ooo coRpses 

i liked the humaR mixed with muRda 

@Skatan I really enjoy House of 1000 Corpses the more I watch it..........first time I saw it, I thought  it was just ok....and then after Devil's Rejects I went back and rewatched it a few times and enjoy it more and more........the dvd edition I have has a really cool director's commentary by Rob ........

is anyone excited to see the texas chainsaw movie??? I know i am i hope they didnt fuck it up... now thats a movie rob should've dabbled in lol

I admitt the first time I saw it I thought it was only ok too..And, I also admitt the first time I saw it, my friends and I saw it, because one of their roommates stole it off the internet. It wasn't playing in our area, we had no transportation, because the weekend I was visting these friends, one of them had just wrecked her car. And, the roommate who stole the movie offline was being a dick ( telling me and my friend "girls aint nothin but tricks and ho's"), and everyone was a little stressed over the car getting wrecked..At one point, we just said fuck it, made some brownies to snack on , and watched House of 1000 Corpses..But the copy the dick downloaded wasn't good, certain scenes were out of focus..

But, a few months later, I bought a copy when it came out on dvd. And, I ended up watching it a lot around Halloween 2003..I started really liking it after awhile, and then I made it a point to finally see Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, because Bill Moseley was in it.

And, speaking of Bill, because he is in the new Texas Chainsaw Movie, I am excited to see it..

Tiny Invictus replied 2 years ago...

John Carpenter's Halloween. Not that there anything wrong with Mr Z's version, I've just been a massive fan of the original since I was about 12.
The scariest film I've ever seen is The Changeling from the late '70s - spooky as hell and well recommended!

And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Yup - TCM 3-D what a way to start the new year - plus the likelihood is in January there won't be too many horror films out.......there will still be a lot of holiday hold over films and Oscar contenders.

@Moon - I can see how your first experiecne with House of 1000 was pretty negative - and that can effect how you feel about it. I remember being excited about seeing 300 a few years back in IMAX. So I went to see it in IMAX, settled in for a great time and then this couple sat in front of me adn their BO was so bad it smelled like old hospital soup - the theater was packed so I couldn't move and 45 min into the film the projector malfunctioned and so we sat there for 15 minutes while they repaired it....needless to say I thought 300 was just ok....until I saw it again on dvdand have watched it quite a bit since.

@Invictus Good call I had a post last week about THE CHANGELING w/George C.Scott - and I love the Wicker Man avatar...I loved the original version and recently saw the sequel called THE WICKER TREE directed by the director of the original - Robin Hardy....... 

Plus we were watching it on a computer screen, and it was hard to see alot of it. And, I don't think anyone was in a good mood, because of my friend wrecking her car a few days before, she wasn't hurt, but she had alot of insurance crap to deal with.

I agree with you there too....I prefer to see as much as I can at th emovie theater as opposed a laptop or even tv for that matter....I like the more immersive film watching experience. I was heard someone recommend getting headphones(as opposed to earbuds) and using them when watching something on a laptop/desktop to help with distractions etc.....I'm kinda picky about how I see films......

I prefer watching my movies on my tv as opposed to my lap top.

LaughingMy dream would be to have a room in the basement built with about 20 comfy recliners in 3 rows with an 80+ inch screen to have friends over for movie nights on a BIG SCREEN.......like my own screening room................

well when that dream comes true we can be ur first invites to take part!! yes indeedy

I wanna go too.

Ok...that's at least two advance tickets to BASEMENT CINERAMA (best name I could come up with on the fly - suggestions?){#emotions_dlg.thumbs}

Banjo BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

This is really hard to answer but there are so many out there and different types of horror flicks. One that holds a special place in my heart is Dario Argento's Suspiria.

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 replied 1 year ago...

I like how certain films hold a nostalgic value for us - even if it may not be the greatest movie in the world - The Howling, An American Werewolf in London, Heavy Metal are films that I enjoy - but they also hold that nostalgic place too..........

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I love An American Werewolf in London. One of the first violent horror films I saw..I remember seeing it on tv when I was 12, and I still enjoy watching it.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php