header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/11673/11820/1_peter_neverending_story_sms_0409.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
The Hobbit
Started by Captain Spauldin Moon 1 year ago

Just wondering who else is excited about this movie. I hope my next day off after it comes out is pretty soon.

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

My girlfriend is very excited for this movie.  She's an avid Lord of the Rings fan.  I'm a bit less enthusiastic.  For some reason, it's a little harder for me to get into fantasy type films like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.  I've watched all of them on a couple different occasions, and, once I start it, I sort of want to finish it, but if I don't keep going with the series quick, the interest quickly declines.  I find them kind of long and boring.  But I realize their power and their epicness.  I can't really explain why I feel this way.  I just can't get into them.  When I've watched them, it was because someone else wanted to.  I'd never really choose to watch them on my own.

One thing is that I like to understand EVERYTHING in a movie.  I'm not talking about a few plot holes or twist endings, or other weird stuff.  And some movies everything shouldn't be explained.  I like when it's up to the imagination.  But specifically what sort of bothers me is that I can never keep track of the "rules" and by this I mean powers, abilities, etc..  I want to have some clue as to how this universe that I am putting myself into works.  I can't keep track of who is an elf and who is a gremlin and the good monsters and bad monsters lol.  I want to know everything about how these characters work and I just can't keep track.

For some strange reason however, I do enjoy the Star Wars films.  I'm not one of those diehard fans that Charlie Altamon would describe as "weird bitches" and "horny robots tripping over shit"!  lol, but I think they are cool.

One funny little side note:   The movie theater by my house recently had a screening of the entire trilogy and I wanted to surpise my girlfriend by going there for the entire day and sitting there watching the whole thing.  Anyway, she started guessing and I was giving her some really fucked up and hilariously terrible hints!  lol.  She couldn't figure out what the hell surprise I had in mind because as she was trying to guess, I'd give her hints like   "a bunch of gay guys and stoners climbing things, looking for jewlery "   And this will surely piss off the diehard fans if they don't have a sense of humor, but seriously, somehow it almost makes sense!  lmao.   Finally when I gave the answer away, she busted out laughing about the strange hints I was giving.  When the two mental images collide, it's crazy because you've seen the movies and you have that mental image of Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, and the others.  You think of this beautiful epic film.  A journey to find the ultimate magical ring of absolute power....

Now, quickly imagine the movie remade as a comedy about very flamboyant gay elves climbing mountains searching for MY...PRECIOUS..... jewerly.  

If you don't smile, you suck! 

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Nah, not offended..I laughed at the Lord of the Rings jokes in Clerks 2. I do love the movies though, and I sort of grew up with the books and the original animated versions of LOTR and The Hobbit..My mom has always been a huge fan of the books..Anyway, that is a nice surprise for your girlfriend.

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

im not into lord of the rings so im prob not gonna be into the hobbit i am however a BIG harry potter fan. 

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

and even the elf crearues were cuter in harry potter whatever that thing is in lotr is hideous lol

Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 replied 1 year ago...

Ooo -ooo I am I am!!!! - but I'm too sleepy (and wimpy) to attempt tonight's midnight show..........

Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't calll me "Shirley."

I actually like Harry Potter, Star Wars and LOTR..

Yup - I'm an equal opportunity nerd - I love it all.......

I even like LEGEND (can't go wrong with Tim Curry as a demon lord), WILLOW and one of my all time faves is LABYRINTH(bog of eternal stench)

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

I am diffenately going to see The Hobbit.  I loved Lord Of The Rings.  

@JavaDon3 Legend and Willow we're both great movies. 

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Hell yeah, I also grew up watching Legend and Willow, and Labyrinth, and The Never Ending Story..And the animated movie The Last Unicorn..I loved fantasy, and I still do..Just as much as I love horror..Infact one of the things that attracted me to horror was when I was old enough to be allowed to watch some horror movies, I noticed that some of the horror movies with supernatural elements also kind of had elements of fantasy.

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

The Never Ending Story was another great one.  Can't forget that one.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

That was a good one - and so was DARK CRYSTAL.................

Draghoul commented 1 year ago
Dark Crystal was good. Did you see Mirror Mask?

I saw The Hobbit on Wednesday..Loved it. I can't wait to see the next part of the movie, because there is going to be a bad ass dragon.

I'm hoping to see it in a few days - but darn it  DJANGO UNCHAINED is right on its heels......  {#emotions_dlg.thumbs}  - and a Tarantino film would make a great Christmas Day movie!

I am pretty excited for DJANGO UNCHAINED too...Going to see it on my first day off after Christmas.

I love how Tarantino can take a b-movie storyline and turn it into A Grade entertainment - and yet still retain b-movie fun...he's a pretty amazing writer/director.

Hell yeah..

Baby Firefly Kina replied 1 year ago...

Watched it last night loved it.  Great actors great story.

I awoke to the pain of a new existence, in a dank womb of darkness and decay. ~ Kain

bitchasszombie replied 1 year ago...

The whole movie's like a tuff brick of shit, but with no peanuts in it.
 What amazed me most - Thorin loox like Rob's dead ringer!!! 

burn like an animal

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php