header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Catfish
Started by Baby Firefly euphorious 2 years ago

I watched this show on MTV and it was actually pretty interesting, they document couples that date online but have never seen each other and they arrange a meeting between them and see if they r really who they say they r, on the first episode this girl was so in love with this dude and she believed everything he said and she believed everything u know that hes a model, works for chelsea handler, all his sisters died, the list is endless, she even wanted to marry this dude.. they show up at the house and it is a damn chick. i thought it was entertaining

Tiny Sick Bubblegum replied 2 years ago...

Sounds like Jerry Springer and facebook all rolled up into one, with just a pinch of Maury Povich for taste.   

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 2 years ago...

LOL nice analogy. very well put

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

No offense..But, I am not watching MTV til there are some more new Beavis and Butthead episodes..

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 2 years ago...

HAHA lol

Banjo BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

My friend told me the show is based of the host's documentary of the same title. She said the docu is pretty good and shocking. I wish Netflix had it or Youtube funny stuff

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

yes ur friend is right ... he had an online relationship with this gurl for a long time and when they finally met it was someone totally dif... alot of other people wrote to him about there expiences and he started the documentary thats on tv.. the movie was just his story. both are great i find it entertaining that people assume that person is who they think in the pic if u havent had a live chat then ur in trouble

Pretty crazy to have a relationship with someone whom you assume is the person in the picture and it actually is all fake. Sad because the men or woman are vulnerable looking for love and someone is getting joy or just letting it continue knowing they would never have any intentions of meeting them. I saw one episode it was kinda sad this young girl thought the guy she was talking to was around her age and only had one child that he told her. Reality was he was like in his late 30s with four kids. AND totally not the guy or the name he showed her. Sneaky people these days because it's totally easy for them with everything so easy to use online.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

That is pretty sad..Some people are who they say they are online..Some are not..However, sometimes the people you meet in person are not always who they say they are either..But, it is easier to hide huge lies when you meet someone online than it is when you meet them offline. It is just sad some people feel the need to decieve other people, and it is stupid of them too, because the truth always comes out.

Exactly they know these ppl are gonna come looking for them one day especially if ur falling in love and throwing marriage around. I have a hard time trusting anyone around me as it is nevermind someone on line. This forum is the only one i really enjoy the ppl are seem to be honest and true. ive met nothing but cool ppl here no one has decieved me yet. 

p.s i would never fall for someone online tho .... i do know a few ppl who have met online that have gotten married and have kids and thats great but thats not 4 me

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I know people who have been deceptive both on and offline to friends and to people they could have potentially dated..All I can say is it might be really easy to lie when someone really likes you and you are saying exactly what they want to hear..But no one can keep the lies up forever. However, I also think everyone here is really cool..Not like those people I mentioned. I don't know if I would date someone online or not..I think if someone came into my life who treated me well, who was the persone they claimed to be, and I had feelings for them, I wouldn't give a rat's ass where I met them.

I think we were lucky when me and my guy met online. Neither of us even realized or was looking for someone to date or hook up with online. Back then it just really wasn't as popular I guess. We didn't rush into things though. We became best friends first and after a couple years decided to be more. Also, when we met we were still very young both teenagers. I think we hit the jackpot and were a rare few that met online that actually work. Another plus we were both 100% honest and showed our true selves to eachtother. We never hid what eachtother looked like and hung out together just as i would hang out with someone i grew up with. Oh and we thought eachtother was hot haha Meeting on the Rob Zombie board was unexpected but i'm glad we cliqued right away. I have known friends who in the past have seen our relationship and try the online thing. Some work and some just don't. They just have to remember no relationship will work without honesty and trust.

@moon good point!!
@bleedingkittie thats a nice story im glad u found happiness .......................Oh the catfish movie aired yesterday on mtv did any of u guys catch it? NEVS story 

Thank you @euphorious

Tiny MiloVonnegut replied 1 year ago...

Watched a couple episodes, didn't get into it. Sorry.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php