header
Vote Rob Zombie best live band

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Haunted Places in your Area
Started by Captain Spauldin Moon 1 year ago

Since I posted about Northern State on the Cabin Fever thread, I thought it might be interesting to ask everyone here if there are places in their area that are said to be haunted..And, if so, what are the stories about them..And are there any links about them online?

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

Actually this is haunted but.....it's a classic. The Wizard of OZ parts of it were done up here in the mountains close to where i'm at. I've been up their. the yellow brick road is still intact. I grabbed me a piece had like 5 inches of moss growing on it. but it was cool noneless to own a piece of movie history. I also checked out the old munchkin houses they were falling apart. nothing but dead trees up their diff had a hauntingly dead look to it. But in general was fun to go up their and see how things looked after all these years.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Here is a link. http://www.pbase.com/ronmetcalfe/landofoz

The Professor living-dead-girl replied 1 year ago...

I live fairly close to the Deane house. I don't know much about it but I went there for m birthday and when you go upstairs you get this freaky cold sensation and there's a bloodstain in one of the cupboards that they can never wash off

Tiny strix replied 1 year ago...

i live about 1hr from amityville and we all know what happen there

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Wow

Tiny domphilina replied 1 year ago...

There's alot of stories about the Mt. Misery area by me. Everything from a mental ward that burned down in that area where on some nights you can hear the screams to a ghost car who will follow to a bridge pass you and then disappear after the bridge to Mary's grave. We use to hang out at one of the graveyard up there back in high school. Great place for hide and seek since it was usually foggy out.

What state are you in?

Tiny domphilina replied 1 year ago...

Moon, I'm on Long Island in NY. We have checked into the stories and pretty much they are great for scaring 1st timers up there. Some of my friends have seen Mary's grave in the daytime and it is where she is supposedly seen dancing on certain nights. I wasn't there for that trip so how true it is I don't know. I have actually seen the car under the bridge happen.

Otis B. Driftwood SideShowCarni replied 1 year ago...

Coloma/Placerville California AKA "Old Hangtown" You remember kids, where they discovered gold in 1848? Place is a small town but full of "Haunted" hotels/cemetar/houses/bars/pubs and so on. Matter of fact, the stump from the tree that they used to hang people in town is still rooted in a local pub basement. "Hangmans Tree"

Trust me, fella. That ain't the only thing I do with this mouth.

Sheriff Wydell euphorious replied 1 year ago...

Norwich state Hospital in connecticut super creepy there it was on ghost hunters. i drive past it everyday.

Wow. Are there a lot of local stories people tell around where you live about Norwich state?

lots of local stories i had a few family members there before it got closed down there were murders there, criminally insane ppl, ppl that thought they were possessed.. the list is endless at that place they have underground tunnels connecting most the buildings. Its like 5 ins from where i live. State=Connecticut.

Northern State in Sedro Woolley Washington was a bit like that too. It also has tunnels connecting the buildings and a lot of people died there over the years..I have heard rumours that some of the patients were criminally insane.

+1
Chicken Fucker Clevon BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

I would really like to get some vacation time and visit the Myrtle Plantation and the cemetary in New Orleans. I just love walking around a cemetary and just reading grave stones and getting a feel for the place. I would really love oneday to travel to England and walk around some of the old Castles. I always wanna see or hear a Ghost but I know i would be like a sissy girl haha still would be tons o fun

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

+1

@bleedingkittie i like cemetaries also... when i was a kid we lived in front of the biggest graveyard in my town and at night my bed was positioned right in front of the window and i was up on the third floor of my house so i could see everything and at night it is actual pretty soothing to look at not scary at all i especially loved the nights that the fog would hover on the ground.

+1

I like them Cemetaries too.  When I walk through them I get this over whelming feeling that comes over my body.

I like cemetaries..There is a cool one in Anacortes Wa..With lots of old grave stones. It is nice to go walking there..But I have been to one cemetary where I felt like I couldn't breathe when I was there..It was in Sedro Woolley Wa...My friend and I were there in 2003..She had moved into the apartment complex across the street from the cemetary..And, I was going over to vist her just about every weekend. One day, she found out that one of her relatives was buried in the cemtary, and she wanted to go across the street and find the grave..I went with her, and we went out maybe an hour before sunset. We we walking around, the cemetary, trying to find the headstone and the whole time, I kept feeling like I couldn't breathe..I was glad when she decided it was getting too dark, and we went back to the apartment.

Chicken Fucker Clevon BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

I remember walking home from high school and passing through the cemetary sometimes especially if it was foggy and always loving the look of it. Always made me feel like i was in Return of the Living Dead haha I absolutely love that movie especially the part when it rains and that chemical spreads to the graves and all the dead start rising up out of their graves. Or i enjoyed walking around or sitting down daydreaming and all of a sudden seeing a sphere and the Tall Man from Phantasm lol i have an active imagination.

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

The cemetary in Anacortes reminds me of the one in the original Night of the Living Dead..It always kind of made me think of that movie when I have been there.

one night in the summer when i was in high school we were drinking and so we wanted to stay off the main road so we walked through the cemetery well the ground was really soft or something cuz every step we took we would sink in the ground at least 2 inches then i took off running and left my friends behind cuz i didnt want any hands reaching up to grab me thats what always happens in scary movies lol AND i LOVE Night Of The Living Dead!!

Banjo Skatan replied 1 year ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWI4Fujpv8

me grandma was put in this place she fell and broke her hip died shortli afta ...if i didnt have a babi i would of taken care of her meself ..as long as a nurse would visit and do those things i cant do.

Tiny domphilina replied 11 months ago...

Ok I posted about Mt. Misery by where I live awhile back. Earlier I was flipping through the channels and on the bio channel they were showing My Ghost Stories. On the episode was a clip from Mt. Misery where they got a recording of a voice saying stuff liked help me I'm burning. Now seeing that on the show maybe it wasn't another group of kids up there screaming and it really was screams from the past we heard. We always thought it was other kids.  LOL

ps... you can go to the bio channels web page   episode 23 I think it says under the description Mt.Misery NY

psykocopkiller replied 11 months ago...

I live near the barn where jeffrey lundgren killed and buried those people. since then theyve torn down the barn. sadly i never got the chance to stay the night there and get a true understanding of what happened

Tiny wolfmoon replied 8 months ago...

Well to start the house I grew up in was haunted. So many things would happen at that place. I have had a huge stack of cd's fly off the shelf in my sisters room like someone literally smacked the stack with their hands. But no one was in the room with me and all windows were closed so no air either. But even force from air could not cause the cd's to fly out like they did. Also had many strange nightmare/between waking up dreams that left me with black and blue marks over my body as well. But we have Old Newgate Prison, Mark Twain House, and Dudleytown in Cornwall. Here is a link for Dudleytown: http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/dudleytown.shtml. The first two places I mentioned people can visit but Dudleytown will land people in jail, cars towed away, and possibly lost in the woods. Also we have a road where a woman in a dress is spotted walking up the road on rainy nights. The local police actually reported the incident and said they saw a woman and when they pulled over to give her a lift she disappeared. We also have the Green Lady. I have been here personally at night. Real creepy! The story says Elizabeth drownd in the swamp nearby. We also have the Black dog of the Hanging Hills. First time you see this ghost dog means good luck, second time is a bad omen, the third encounter leads to death. Those trails are deadly because the rocks are very weak and crumble easily. Here is a link:  http://articles.courant.com/2011-12-29/news/hc-marteka-meriden-reservoir-sanatorium-1230-20111229_1_south-mountain-metacomet-trail-traprock.

The Professor MiloVonnegut replied 8 months ago...

I live in the state of California in a town called Temecula, named after an ancient Native American tribe called the Temeku; our town is built on top of a massive Native American burial ground.

I.

I know of old Temecula Massacre that happened in the winter of 1846 in Temecula, California.

History says that the massacre was the Californio's military way of getting back at the Luiseno Indians for the execution of eleven or twelve Californios. I can't remember why they were killed. When news reached General Jose Maria Flores in Los Angeles. He sent Jose del Carmen Lugo with armed troops to eliminate the tribal leaders responsible for the Californios' deaths. While en route to the Temecula Valley, Lugo met up with Chief Juan Antonio, leader of the Cahuilla Indians. The two came to some sort of agreement, and they joined forces. They set up camp along the Santa Gertrudis Creek while Lugo waited for his new reinforcements from Los Angeles to arrive. Lugo heard that Don José Ramón Carrillo and his reinforcements were at the Mission San Luis Rey de Francia. He sent word to Carillo requesting assistance. So when word spread that the Californios were coming to the Temecula village from Los Angeles, naturally, the Luiseno Indians hid into the canyons. Lugo knew that if he sent his men out there, they would be trapped and killed. So, he had to draw the Luisenos out of hiding and into a trap of his own. Just west of the canyon was a small meadow with two rolling hills on either side. The Cahuilla were on one hill and Lugo's men on the other hill. Carillo and his troops went into the canyon, but by the time they got there, they were feeling of weariness, tiredness, or lack of energy. So naturally, the young warriors saw this as the perfect oppurtunity to take them. The chiefs tried to calm them, but as you have it, young people don't give a shit what their elders have to say. Carillo and his troops retreated their asses out the canyon and into the weadow, and naturally, the warriors followed in pursuit. When they got there, things got bloody. A lot a of bloodshed and some the Luisenos warriors surrendered, a few managed to escape the massacre. The captives were turned over to the Cahuilla tribe (I guess the Luiseno did something to piss them off too). I think the captives were slaughtered the day after, or something. Eventually, the dead Luiseno warrior were recovered and taken back to get a proper burial.

That much I know.

It's not Pet Sematary or Poltergiest. Just dead people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temecula_Massacre

II.

But of course, the towns around our area have more interesting stories.

The most interesting place has to be The Mission Inn Hotel. It's creepy, it has a Victorian feel, it's extremely classy, the rooms are pricey, the food is terrible for my taste, and the architecture is gorgious! While the guest are enjoying the luxeries, such as an outdoor Olympic sized pool, first class fitness center and the crappy food, the network of catacombs that run under are closed. Or at least that was a rumor. Given that it was only a rumor, no one has ever been down there or no anyone who has, to my knowledge.

Let me give you a brief history lesson. From what I heard, the Mission Inn is supposedly haunted by the Millers, the original owners of 12 room cottage where the pool now sits. Construction on the hotel's existing structure began in 1900 and completed some time during the second World War. It's first owner was C.C. Miller, whose son Frank inherited after his death. Alice Miller, C.C. Miller's daughter, was a singer and waitress at the hotel, I believe. Going back to the catacombs, legend has it that there is an underground musuem that was sealed off from the rest of the hotel. Then in the 1990s, some construction worker accidentally dug to deep while repairing something the basement, proving the rumors true. Frank Miller's Room in The Mission Inn, 4th floor, north east corner. One of the only rooms remains unrestored during the closure of the Inn from 1985 to 1992, possibly now a banquet room at the end of Author's Row. A strong presence of Mr. Miller spread throughout the room and can be felt according to some.

When I stayed there and I remember going to sleep after a long essay I had to do on American literature. At around 3 A.M. I heard the light turn on the bathroom turn on. I didn't think too much about it and just turned it off without question. A few minutes later, I heard the switch turn back on, and I was confused. Third time, my brain went into panic mode. I didn't know if I was dreaming or if I was seeing shit in my head. When I heard it go off a fourth time, I yelled, "STOP IT!!!" And I heard a soft voice whisper in the distance, "But I'm afraid of the dark."

Which, is why I'm sticking with Motel 6.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=3649+Mission+Inn+Ave,+Riverside,+CA+92501&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1280&bih=685&bvm=pv.xjs.s.en_US.NyLNrjc7wJY.O&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mission_Inn_Hotel_%26_Spa

Tiny wolfmoon replied 8 months ago...

@ Official Milo: That last story got to me about The Mission Inn Hotel. That's some crazy paranormal action! I have always wanted to sleep in a haunted hotel but I am leery about it too. I always plant it in my mind that something f**ked up is going to happen to me. At one point I had gone on a paranormal investigation at a graveyard. It turned out to be a semi-lively night. I felt as if I was being stalked as I walked through the graveyard. When it got real bad I took a pic in the direction I felt drawn to and I got some strange orb images. Later they pulled out one of those radio tuners and a conversation was started with some guy that was buried in the cemetary. He said his name and mentioned his sister would stop by to visit which all checked in to being true. If things had worked out between me and the group they had planned a night stay at a haunted hotel. But they were always doing stuff on a Saturday and I always work Saturday nights (getting a Saturday off is impossible). It would have been cool to get more involved and to see what would have happened if I stayed at the place. I don't think I would have fallen asleep though.

Sheriff Wydell euphorious replied 8 months ago...

@wolfmoon i did a report on dudleytown when i was in high school very interesting place. Heres Norwich state Hospital footage

The Professor MiloVonnegut replied 7 months ago...

My aunt lives in Danvers, Massachusetts. About an hour away from where Danvers State Hospital, an insane asylum, once stood before being tumbled down by the state. It was built in the 1800s, and was shut down and abandoned in the late 80s, then destroyed in the late 2000s.

Banjo Skatan replied 7 months ago...

I saw a TV show that animal sheltas that be suspicious of being haunted . 

Banjo Skatan replied 3 weeks ago...

my house is hauntede

Tymeg replied 3 weeks ago...

What happened?

after everything i\'ve done i hate myself for what i\'ve become

Banjo Skatan replied 3 weeks ago...

wow lots happened

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php