header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Rob's Support for Animals
Started by Squeaky 1 year ago

I've enjoyed Rob Zombie's music for many years and admired his empathy for animals for just as long. I still remember how excited my friend and I were when, while waiting behind a venue Zombie was playing (probably in 2000 or 2001), we saw a little black Pug poke his head out the window of one of the band's trucks--I love Dracula!

I'm also a vegetarian, and I live with my own two dogs and three cats. So I read with great interest the recent interview Rob gave regarding his views on animals. I was interested to learn of his support for PETA, in particular. I support a local cat rescue through fostering and donations but have never gotten behind PETA due to their opposition to the "no kill movement" and tendency for staging "stunts" (e.g., giving children pamphlets titled "Your Daddy Kills Animals").

However, I would love to hear Rob's views on why PETA deserves support; my perspective could certainly be biased. Thanks!  

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Is that true that they hand out those kind of pamphlets to kids?   We don't see many people in PETA in my area,I have seen stuff like that about PETA online, and honestly, sometimes in gets hard to know what is true and what is people spreading rumours..But Rob is a nice guy, and I don't think he would be for giving those kind of pamphlets to kids.He doesn't seem like that kind of person..And, showing disturbing things to kids, even if you really believe in your cause, just isn't right.

Squeaky replied 1 year ago...

Hi, Moon!

I agree, it can be challenging to cut through the sensationalized critiques to determine what's real.  In the specific example you asked about, here's an overview from PETA's own website:  http://www.peta.org/features/your-daddy-kills-animals.aspx

I also think that Rob seems like a great guy, which is part of why I'm interested in hearing his views on PETA. Maybe he feels like the group's efforts as a whole are doing so much good that any particular campaigns he might not like are outweighed.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Yeah, on a lot of subjects, it is hard for me to know who online is telling the truth..I see a lot of things that are probably rumours. But, thanks for the link..Yeah I do not agree with those pamphlets.  If someone feels catching and eating fish is wrong, that is their right..But, not everyone is going to agree..If people are at a fishing store, they probably have very different beliefs than people in PETA, and preaching is only going to make some of those people hostile toward anyone talking about animal rights. And, giving the pamphlets to kids isn't cool..For the same reasons I think pushing religion or politics on kids isn't cool. I think adults should let kids grow up and make up their own minds, because they do have a right to form their own opinions.  And showing them things that disturb or scare them into agreeing with you, when they are just kids, is taking away their right to choose for themselves. Also, as I said, it just isn't right to purposely show kids things that are meant to disturb them.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php