header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
'the mosh pit"
Started by The Professor white_zombie 4 months ago

Being on the harder edged side of rock 'n'roll, living the childhood that you did and experiencing "the hard times (that) are dead and gone" now for you, but remain as "splinters in the mind," using music as a release for inner frustration(s), what would you deem 'legal and legit - in the pit'? 

Now imagine irritated and annoyed RZ fans, who have just as much a right to be a part of the excitement, but do not wish to participate in an activity which detracts from the show. You recently shared your opinion on the modern trend of 'younger' concert goers with their cell phones held in front of their faces throughout your performances on tour. So we know that you want your audiences to be "in the moment" and truly experiencing you and the band. 

I suppose the main underlying reason for my question is (for me) it'd be helpful to actually know how you'd prefer the crowd react to your act onstage. And would you care to hear from some legitimate RZ fans and from some supporters of the 'harder edged music' who don't go to concerts anymore, for their comfort levels may be more important to them than 'trying' to enjoy being there. Some of us here have learned 'how to release' our pain(s) and frustration(s) during live performances of harder edged musicians without inflicting discomfort and/or even worse, intended injury on those around us on the floor. Just wanted to add before I finish up here that I am not singling you out at all. In fact, I believe, since there are so many ladies present at your shows, that the guys tend to be a bit less rowdy. Except for that show at the Pageant (St. Louis) during the Demon Speeding tour. I have always wondered since the release of "'The Sinister Urge," if that title, "TSU," had anything to do with the atmosphere of your audience. 

Thanks for reading!

underneath the body, baby, where what you see is what you see and what you get
Banjo Skatan replied 4 months ago...

im goin comment, if i wanted to mosh id be on the floor if i didnt id be in seats,,,2013 stadiums be smaller than lets sa the 80,s or oz fests , making seats better veiwing. i do like veiwing live footege on u-tube.especielli the shows i went to. i like to mosh ,i dont now becuse these ribes of mine be fragile...

The Professor white_zombie replied 4 months ago...

The floor, especially towards the front, should be for those who have come to see the show, in my opinion. The true fans stand/wait in line for hours for their chance to be nearest the stage possible. So shouldn't they be able to keep their claimed spots towards the front of the floor?

That "Pageant" crowd I mentioned, forced my boyfriend at the time and myself out of the front row, to second row for a few songs more, till I passed out from all the pushing back and forth, from side to side and also from those that rushed the stage from the very back. Paul was tryin' to hold me up so I wouldn't get stepped on and still had to convince this lazy assed security guard to help him get me out of the crowd and over the barricade.

Rob did scold the ones that brought children and had 'em on their shoulders. T'was something like this ... "Why would you think it's okay to bring small children to an adult show and have 'em sittin' on your shoulders like that? It's stupid and dangerous!" That is why I am curious to hear from RZ on this.

Banjo Skatan replied 4 months ago...

how do u know hes going to  repli/

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 3 months ago...

I think Rob is right on this issue..Someone should not bring their kids to a mosh pit..You never know who is in the audience or how crazy or agressive they are going to get.  Especially if those people have had alcohol before the show, you don't know what some people are going to do, and people can get hurt in that situation pretty fast..Even before the band on stage sees something and tells the people in the mosh pit to calm down..Or before security can stop someone from getting hurt. 

Banjo Skatan replied 3 months ago...

+1

+1
Tiny lankyj 666 replied 3 months ago...

i think there should be front/center seat for us old farts so i can see the show. if i feel like it i can just get up and beat some mosh behind in the pit aswell. i use the sound and feel when i slam. but i guess maybe the stages should be designed for a over all, all ages are suited. find me and i design the shit and even build it.

just dont throw me in the briar patch!

i got a good suggestion...NO alcohol in the pit...it just gets spilled all ova people

The Professor white_zombie replied 2 months ago...

I liked what you said, lankyj 666 and gave you a thumbs up {#emotions_dlg.thumbs} There should be a designated area for the aggression, so that it remains contained. Instead of allowing the behaviour to leak out and grow. Pretty soon there won't be any of us "old farts" going to concerts where this G.eneral A.muckness remains a permitted activity on the floor. This also means that those of us who actually got these bands where they are today are disposable! WE embraced the music and reacted in a fan supporting way and now it seems to me a lot of the harder edged rock and roll bands are throwing us away for the younger crowds more and more. Perhaps that's the true reason Rob has decided to change his musical direction a bit. He may have already envisioned this and thought it'd be wiser to 'not go' along with the flow of things.  (I still love pogoing! Keeps me in my own personal space and away from the fighting.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60kPRMlJufM
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEXBvfRDHlY
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKNoX5rvtk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVNr9LVzj4

Banjo Skatan replied 2 months ago...

its called vip seeting ,isnt it/

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php