header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Discography feature request
Started by hajicasebolt 1 year ago

Hey Rob and Emma,

In the discography section do you think we could get a feature that lists the sources of the clips Rob uses in some of his tracks? maybe listed by each song? I've looked up a few of these movies and found some real gems!

Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

This would be great!  There is already a thread or two with some of them, although not as extensive as one would like.

Captain Spauldin Emma replied 1 year ago...

Just so I understand this, is this a section on the discography for each album, and you want the samples put in, or would that be a section on the forum to discuss what you've found with your own research?  Sorry just want to be clear.  Thank you.

Clients: Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D, Tommy Clufetos: see my work: http://www.facebook.com/1976designs

Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

It sounds like he wants a place in discography that once and for all reveals where all the samples and such came from.  A nearly impossible task without Rob Zombie himself.  Most of them are not credited within album liner notes.  It's a cool idea, but we probably shouldn't expect Emma to really do this.

I often wonder how Rob got away with some of them because they are not credited.  Not to get anyone in trouble, but I wonder if he snuck a few in without permission, or if they were all paid for, and if so, perhaps you don't have to actually credit it.  So long if it is bought and paid for, maybe it doesn't matter whether you list it or not. 

EDIT

and for some people, it might even take the fun out of it to find out where some of these are from.  Maybe it's some of those secret gems that if you discover it, you discover it, and if you don't ya don't.   There are a lot that have been discovered, but there are a lot more left to be found.

I may have personally ruined someone's experience of a couple songs by pointing out some of them.  They had told me that it sort of changed their perception and imagination of the song.  That being said, I don't believe protecting people from information.  But there is, as I said, already at least one thread dedicated to this.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php