header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/10252/korn__500x340_.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14261/1_dscn0333.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14262/1_dscn0337.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14263/1_dscn0338.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14744/1_img_3236.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14752/1_img_3253.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14752/2_img_3246.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/9260/14752/3_img_3237.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
kOrN
Started by Baby Firefly euphorious 2 years ago

I can't even beleive this topic isnt even on here yet!! WTF Korn is friggen one of the best bands out there ... have been and always will be!!! Jonthan davis aka Jdevil and the band always have great lyrics and there beats and sounds are like no other!!! LOVEEEEEE KORN!!!!!

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 2 years ago...

Korn has done great with there career, there sound is there own. Very few bands can accomplish what Korn has.  And every member of the band has done there own thing.  The band sound can change yet they still sound just as badass. 

I am a long time fan of Korn, I remember Issues being my first album soon after I purchased there older cd's then there newer stuff.

Korn does Rocketh!!!!!

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 2 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSdK8IvSw0
  This is one of there first concerts lol he was something!! check out his outfits lol the striped tights. lol Im also a long time fan ive been listening since 97 Ive always been drawn to their music. Whats you favorite song or songs? Mine is Somebody Someone and throw me away. I do really love the new stuff to way too far. good stuff 

Honestly I can't pick a favorite with Korn, but one song that really stuck out to me was "Alone I Break"

thats a good one too on the untouchables album ... that album was sooo damn good u can tell alot of emotions got put into it.

Actually the band was going through a lot of problems during the time of the album one member was stuck on drugs pretty bad and the other members wanted to kick the guy out but that didn't happen they stuck it out.

That takes some balls dude seriously.

Baby Firefly Kina replied 2 years ago...

I love that song too Dragual.

For me I'm more in there "Take A Look In The Mirror Album"

But Twisted Transister was a great song.

I awoke to the pain of a new existence, in a dank womb of darkness and decay. ~ Kain

The last album they made together with the original band mambers ... head which was my fav left i was totally bummed but i still stayed faithful to korn! but out of all the songs on that album i liked" did my time" thats a good song and the video was pretty cool too. new album is pretty good as well mixed in a little dubstep.

I haven't heard there new cd. I know Davis includes dubstep styled music in this album.

its pretty damn good u should give it a listen way too far and narrsastic cannibal r great friggen songs

Time to give Pandora a listen then. Smile

if u have a facebook account spotify is anouther great site to listen to music.

I do, I haven't tried out that site though.

Unholy Lord of Salem replied 2 years ago...

Korn have some pretty cool tunes. Follow the Leader was the only album of theirs that actually got me to lay down cash though.

Come for the chicken-run blast-o-rama, stay for the werewolf women!

OH MY FRIGGEN GOODNESS!!!!! im sooooooooooooo jelous HEAD is playing with KORN on there next to shows at the german rock festivals uhhhhhhhh HE WAS MY FAV back in the day i wish i was rich right now i would take the red eye out there to get tix LOL

Wonder why he is doing this.

idk prob just to jam out with his boys... they still r good friends and head has done this b4 totally surprising the crowd. he is very talented even his solo albums were good and if he ever made the decision to come back permently then korn would be bigger than ever. i was disappionted when he left i was still young and didnt really understand what was going on but then i heard his story and it was uplifting in a way. im now glad he did what he did because he prob wouldnt be alive if he continued on that downward spiral. But yeah i hope he enjoys these gigs so much he comes back cuz that would just make my damn day!!

I remember when it happened. So many people were pissed because it choose religion over music. I just didn't bother getting into it.  

me either i didnt really get it at the time. but then telling his story about the drugs and his daughter u can understand y he may have chosen to b religous, i was shocked when he turned christian. nothing against christians but when u look at head he looks so unholy lol. when i was a kid i used to b a johovah witness and for me it was torture thats y i love m manson sooo much cuz we had simalar upbringings, johovah witness and christianity are almost alike so i know what it entails. for me i except everyone and i dont judge. when i was younger i was taught different that if u dont belong then u dont go to paradise. it kinda creeped me out when i was a kid. so yeah total shocker that he is christain and still can kickass in the music industry!!

Yeah, it was a total shocker. As like you I don't judge people based on there relgions that's just ignorant. 

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 2 years ago...

I'll be honest.  It's taken me a LONG time to get really into KoRn and I don't know why.  Actually, "getting into" isn't the right way to express it.  When I first heard them for the very first time, I liked it a lot.  I guess I should say, "It's taken me a long time to appreciate them".  And that being said, I've been on a KoRn kick for the last week or so.  I really really love them now.  I feel bad having sort of wasted some concert experiences by not caring about them when I seen them in the past.

I love their ability to write really heavy and catchy hooks, and JD is an excellent singer.  He's able to scream and sound heavy, but he actually has a really amazing voice too.  He really can sing and sound powerful.  

The lyrics are great, but they aren't the best I've ever seen or anything.   I think maybe something that threw me off years ago when I was younger was their image.  (Which goes to show local and up-and-coming bands how important image is!)  It seemed like they had kind of a rap-metal/ghetto thing going on.  Does anyone else see this when thinking of 90s Korn?  It's like the way they dressed with the dread locks made them seem stupid to me at first or something....  I can't explain it.  In any case, I've obviously gotten over my close mindedness.  I think they are great now!  I do think they could use a little more entertaining stage show though.  I know the really hardcore fans won't mind no matter what they do.  But someone like me who is really getting into them on cd sort of finds them a little boring live.  If they don't have any props, I think they could be a little more energetic.

I saw them on The Path of Totality tour when JD opened for Korn with his JDevil and it was REALLY good.  A lot better than Sid from Slipknots dj set, which I kind of hated.  JDevil talked to the crowd and ran around a lot.  Back and forth.  Just really energetic.  I'm not a huge dj fan, but I appreciated what he did!  Then KoRn went on and the music was much better and enjoyable but the energy lacked!  lol.  Maybe he tired himself out?  haha.

Anyway, right now I'm at kind of a "best of" kind of stage with the band.  I really like all the singles and the "hits" and I like some of the more "filler" material as well.  They definitely have staying power.  I'm finding myself liking them more and more each year.  It's a long slow pace, but they are working their way up on my list of  favorites.

EDIT

Also, I got to meet Head at a church service when he came around here!  He does these talks and meet and greets at churches all over and it was actually very entertaining.  I'm not normally a church goer, but I'd go again to meet him again.  We talked for a bit.  He's a nice guy! 

ive ALWAYS loved them ever since like 8th grade and im 29 now .. i get what ur saying tho about there image they looked different then other bands that did that type of music actually they opened the flood gates so to speak for nu metal. i got the lowrider mexican vibe from them more then ganster yo yo yo kinda thing. and i def agree with u about there stage show i mean the only props they use is "the bitch" whisch is his microphone stand. but his voice is so hypnotic to me he can hit the lows and the high and have u ever listened to his tribute to metallica "one" Lets just say nobody else could have pulled it off better. At first when he introduced the jdevil thing i was like oh jeeze wtf is he doing but when i actually listened to it "dubstep" and him actually incorporate in the band it sounded like it actually belonged there. ive heard bands try and put dubstep mixs in there stuff and it just sounds terrible. even his solo dj jdevil is awesome i love that he has an alter ego and can express it to the public, also that he has vocals in his dubstep songs makes him that much better. "Feel Alive" man that song makes me want to run a marathon lol. YEAH and that sid from slipknot let me just tell you .. he walked past us at the meet and greet for manson and we told him he should just stick to slipknot and he he gestured to use to jack him off pretty much he grabbed his junk nice and hard LMAO he was so mad. but its true i wasnt impressed!! Thats cool about head i would love to meet him up close and personal i had a MAJOR high school crush on him U know the whole hearts on the notebook kinda thing LOL.

look see they belong together

When Korn came out there was 2 other bands coming out in the early 90's Limpbizkit and Coal Chamber I liked all three they each had there own unique look and sound.  At that time no one really made rap metal so Limpbizkit made it big. Coal Chamber was the first darker themed band to make it big during that time period and they are still my favorite band to this day. I'm hoping for a new cd in 2013.  As for Korn there sound is what separated them from all the other bands and it has gotten them to where they are now.  Davis has done good with his solo carreer few people can do alter egos.  Korn is diffenately going to be in the book of metal bands.

i liked limpbizkit but only his few big hits and i liked fred more as a person for putting out stuff that hasnt really been done as u say metal rap just as korn started nu metel. Coal chamber i do like.... i love all music really but i respect bands that put stuff out thats different. i didnt even know they got back together i thought they split?

Fred is a great vocalist I didn't pay much attention to the first album but "Significant Other" and "Chocolate Covered Starfish and theHotdog Flavored Water" were great after that cd seems like they just died down. I know fred wanted more rap in the music and wes borland wanted more metal so after the 4th cd they disbanded due to musical sound differences.  Limpbizkit got back together in 2010 and released a new cd called "GOLD COBRA" I gave it a listen too. It's ok not there best stuff.

Coal Chamber broke up in 2002 after being together for 10 years. I was deeply saddened I read all about what happpened Meegs rascon was using hardcore drugs heavily while on the tour and Vocalist Dez was agains't the drugs Meegs wouldn't listen to Dez and while they were playing at a concert Meegs grabs his guitar and smashes it over Dez's head after that Dez grabbed the microphone and said this is the last Coal Chamber show ever and threw the mic down. once he left Meegs tried to continue on his own with the music but he walked off stage and the rest of the band members did as well. In 2003 Dez started the band "Devil Driver"  They are nothing like Coal Chamber. "Coal Chamber" was more dark and goth. where as "Devil Driver" was just purely out there screaming in your face. Dez took his vocal abilites to a whole new level with "Devil Driver" He doesn't sing anymore as he did in CC now he just screams.  The music sounds good. The musical tones of the guitars are superb I personally like DD but CC stuck out to me the most.  Anywho in 2011 a Coal Chamber reunion was made DD met up with CC and Dez and Meegs talked things over. There is no more drug use and meegs has over come his drug addiction and has statetd that he has already showed new music to Dez.  Nothing is known about a new cd yet but i'm hopeful.  The Coal Chamber website is back up after being gone for 8 years you can finally buy there merchandise again.

yowzers thats alot of info to suck in lol u sound like ur a big fan.

*raises hand* major CC fan right here.  

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

This is what im talking about!!!! PALEEZZEEE head come back!!

Baby Firefly Kina replied 1 year ago...

Great way to start 2013. *crosses fingers*

I awoke to the pain of a new existence, in a dank womb of darkness and decay. ~ Kain

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

That would kick much ass, I hope it happens.

Head is teetering with his decision , just give in already u know u want that money!! So many fans would come out of the woodworks if he came back. 

ME AND HEAD!!! I LOVEEEEEE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME and MUNKY!!!!

ME and FIELDY!!!!!

Meeting them all again in 7 days and counting!! yeahhhhh

OMG another amazing show put on by these guys WOW!! Cant wait to see them with zombie!! Heres a video of the show i was at im in the front row there with the bandana

ME and JD ... I FINALLY got a pic with him ahhhh

Tiny MiloVonnegut replied 1 year ago...

@euphorious Sweet!

Me and Ray, Munky and Head <3

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php