header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Lamb of God
Started by Unholy Lord of Salem 1 year ago
Any fans? Poor Randy's a little under fire, at the moment... the outcome of this case is definitely gonna affect the way bands interact with fans in the future... Thoughts? LAMB OF GOD Frontman Finally Makes Bail; Will Remain In Czech Custody Until At Least Next Week - July 3, 2012 LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe posted 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000) at noon today (Tuesday, July 3) but will remain in Czech custody for at least the next few days. Blythe has been jailed in Prague, the Czech Republic, where he is accused of causing the death of a fan at one of the band's shows in 2010. Due to statutory deadlines and the two-day holiday in the Czech Republic at the end of this week, Blythe will likely see his release sometime next week. According to judge Petr Fassati of Prague 8 district court, the prosecutor has three working days to decide whether to approve Blythe's release. Since Thursday and Friday are public holidays in the Czech Republic, the deadline for the prosecutor to make a decision regarding a possible release is Monday, July 9. Even if the prosecutor was to make his/her decision today regarding a possible release, Blythe would not be able to leave the country until next week because the court has another three days to provide an official comment on the prosecutor's approval. If the prosecutor was to oppose Blythe's release, an official complaint would be sent to the municipal court. If both the court and the prosecutor agree to oppose Blythe's release, the bail would likely be canceled and returned to the singer. Blythe was arrested last week at the Prague airport in connection with a 2010 Prague concert at which he allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal band — who had come on stage, and that person died 14 days later of bleeding in the brain. Blythe faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. A number of Blythe's fellow rockers have come to his defense, with many of them citing the 2004 shooting death onstage of PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott as the reason why musicians are so defensive nowadays about fans invading the stage. DISTURBED frontman David Draiman said on Twitter, "The kid jumped on stage and started a brawl, and Randy defended himself. That his life was lost in the process is truly unfortunate, but Randy is my friend and he's no murderer. I feel for the child and for the family and for Randy, but you have to understand that ever since Dimebag Darrell was assaulted, shot, and murdered on stage by a 'fan,' all of us have been very defensive/cautious of anyone jumping up on stage." Draiman's bandmate and drummer Mike Wengren told The Pulse Of Radio not along after Dimebag was shot that his death had cast a shadow over live performing. "I think one of the most scariest things is, you go up onstage, and there's this energy transfer between the band and the crowd, and you almost feel invincible. You feel very empowered. Never in a million years would anyone ever think something like that was even possible, and I think it just caught everyone off guard. It's pretty scary." FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH bassist Chris Kael simply tweeted, ""Everything changed on December 8, 2004. #stayoffthestage #FreeRandyBlythe." Slash also posted the "Free Randy Blythe" hashtag, while ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian wrote, "It's complete and utter bullshit for him to be treated like a criminal for something he didn't do. Now fans can see firsthand why there's no stage diving anymore. Especially in the post-Darrell world we live in . . . Of course it's sad that this person died, it's a tragedy, but it's not Randy's fault." LAMB OF GOD had been touring Europe in support of its latest album, "Resolution", when Blythe was arrested. The band canceled the rest of its shows and returned home to Richmond, Virginia on Sunday (July 1) — all, of course, except Blythe. LAMB OF GOD's publicist, Adrenaline PR, issued a statement on Friday stressing that "under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved [during LAMB OF GOD's 2010 concert]. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head." LAMB OF GOD Seeking Donations For RANDY BLYTHE Defense Fund - July 5, 2012 Richmond, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD have released the following statement: "As many of you know, Randy [Blythe, vocals] is being held in Czech jail for a crime we believe he did not commit. We are still learning about the legal system there and the situation is fluid. We have retained local legal counsel, have support from the U.S. embassy and we are flying over additional lawyers to try and assure that Randy has the best representation possible. As many of you have pointed out, the simple fact is that the legal fees are adding up very quickly. "While we appreciate the outpouring of support, we are not interested in trying to profit or gather press or sympathy from this event. We have assembled this page to make it possible for people that feel so inclined to donate to the expenses incurred in defending this case. One hundred percent of the money raised will go to the legal fees and any remaining balance will be given to a charity of Randy's choice upon his release." To donate, go to this location. Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal band — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain. Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. Blythe remains in detention at Pankrác Prison in Prague even after Mazer posted 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000), as set by the court last Saturday. But the bail system in the Czech Republic is not as rapid as in the U.S. Although bail has been posted, the decision to release the singer is still subject to appeal and so it will take some time for the state prosecutor's office to give approval. LAMB OF GOD Guitarist Invites Fans To 'Free Randy Blythe Vigil' - July 5, 2012 LAMB OF GOD guitarist Willie Adler has posted a message on his Facebook page inviting all of the band's supporters in the Richmond, Virginia area to attend the "Free Randy Blythe Vigil" on Sunday, July 8 on Browns Island from 1:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at the band's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal group — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain. Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. Willie writes: "I want to thank all for the support first and foremost. I also want to share the link to the event this Sunday on Brown Island here in Richmond. An event spearheaded by Mr. Tommy Streat. It’s a get-together for all who care to attend to show support for our brother Randy Blythe, and to voice our concerns over the travesty of justice that is currently unfolding. I hope to see you all there." Blythe remains in detention at Pankrác Prison in Prague even after Mazer posted 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000), as set by the court last Saturday. But the bail system in the Czech Republic is not as rapid as in the U.S. Although bail has been posted, the decision to release the singer is still subject to appeal and so it will take some time for the state prosecutor's office to give approval. For more information on the "Free Randy Blythe Vigil", go to this location. LAMB OF GOD Guitarist Responds To Backlash Over RANDY BLYTHE Defense Fund - July 6, 2012 LAMB OF GOD guitarist Willie Adler has responded to a wave of criticism that has been leveled at the band after they set up a fund to help pay for their singer Randy Blythe's legal expenses. Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal group — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain. Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. Blythe remains in detention at Pankrác Prison in Prague even after Mazer posted 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000), as set by the court last Saturday. But the bail system in the Czech Republic is not as rapid as in the U.S. Although bail has been posted, the decision to release the singer is still subject to appeal and so it will take some time for the state prosecutor's office to give approval. Writing on his Facebook page, Willie said, "I want to thank all of you again for your unwavering support in all of this. It's greatly appreciated and does not go without notice. I'd also feel remiss by not mentioning something else. As you all know, a legal fund has been set up in regards to our current situation. We've received quite a bit of backlash which I'd like to respond to. We are by no means requesting charity, nor are we demanding money from our fans. We have received dozens upon dozens of requests from supporters wanting to help in any way possible. This was a direct response to that in order to give fans a voice in all of this if they choose to do so. By no means are we trying to make a dime off of this. Trust me, we live for our fans and would never attempt to profit off of them. This is purely a response to those that reached out wanting to extend any and all help. Which we couldn't be more thankful for. It brings tears to my eyes as I write this just thinking about the outpouring of support we've received. Collectively, we will bring Randy home. He is my brother, your brother, and more importantly, an innocent man being wrongfully detained. I thank you all again, for everything. I love you all." All articles: Blabbermouth.com

Come for the chicken-run blast-o-rama, stay for the werewolf women!
Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

And who can blame Musicians now a days. Look at the world we live in......Some fans just can't be trusted. I am a Lamb Of God fan myself. and I have met Blythe, several times he is a very nice person. He wouldn't hurt a fan. Just reading this article pisses me the fuck off.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

+1
Unholy Lord of Salem replied 1 year ago...

It's a bum rap... I definitely hope he beats it. Fans have no right on the stage, unless explicitly invited. Period. The death is a tragedy, of course... but he had no business being on the stage in the first place. Randy had the right to defend himself, even if he did hit him... there was no way to know what the guy was gonna do. It was the third time he'd jumped up there.

Yeah, he did and 3 times. seriously, some fans are killing it for us.

No release on bail yet either, it seems... Prosecutor Files Complaint Opposing LAMB OF GOD Frontman's Release - July 9, 2012 According to Mediafax.cz, Novinky.cz and PrvniZapravi.cz, LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe remains behind bars in a Czech prison after the Prague State Attorney's Office filed a complaint against the singer's release on bail. On Monday (July 9), the attorney's office spokeswoman Štepánka Zenklová confirmed that the complaint was delivered to the Prague 8 district court this past Friday (July 6). Zenklová told the Prague Daily Monitor that she could not specify the justification of the complaint. The Prague City Court will deal with it now. The complaint was filed with a Prague district court that was in charge of the case. It is to pass the decision-making on the bail to the City Court. The City Court can either meet the complaint and annul the bail or it can approve the release on bail, and then the Prague attorney would comment on it again, district court judge Petr Fassati said. Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal group — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain. Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. Blythe remains in detention at Pankrác Prison in Prague even after the band's manager posted 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000) on July 3. But the bail system in the Czech Republic is not as rapid as in the U.S. Although bail has been posted, the decision to release the singer is still subject to appeal and so it will take some time for the state prosecutor's office to give approval. LAMB OF GOD manager Larry Mazer spoke with Rolling Stone last week about the alleged incident, telling the magazine, "There are YouTube videos which 100 percent show Randy's innocence. As a matter of fact, all of those videos have now been sent to our lawyer, and he's presenting it to the judge. This case is so full of holes. Nobody reported an injury of any kind at the concert, or after the concert. It was at least an hour to two hours later, supposedly, when this kid went to a hospital." Mazer continued, "So that's number one — why did nothing occur during the show? Number two, he had supposedly been in a coma for 30 days, but it wasn't [until] a couple of months later that they contacted the promoter to ask his understanding of the events. He said the same thing — that the show went on fine, no nothing, no incidents. They told him that a person had been injured, which led to a death, which he had no knowledge of whatsoever. And then it went away. Two years go by, and Randy gets arrested."

Doubled his bail today... pretty nuts. RANDY BLYTHE's Bail Doubled; Prosecutor's Complaint Against Release Dismissed - July 17, 2012 According to the Czech news site iDNES.cz, a Prague Municipal Court dismissed on Monday (July 16) the Prague State Attorney's Office complaint against LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe's release on bail. However, the court increased Blythe's bail from $200,000 — which has already been paid — to $400,000, which is said to be equivalent to twice Randy's annual income. The Prague Monitor previously reported that district court judge Petr Fassati said that even after the latest ruling, a Prague attorney could still be allowed to again comment on bail. Blythe was arrested in the Czech Republic on June 27 and is facing manslaughter charges in connection with a 2010 Prague concert at which he allegedly shoved a local fan off the stage. The man, who is said to have stormed the stage three times during the show, reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that resulted in his death nearly a month later. Martin Holub, a lawyer at Šafra & Partners, told The Prague Post if bail is revoked, Blythe could be kept in prison for up to six months. "The authorities will be concerned about him leaving the country and then having to begin extradition proceedings," Holub said. "If, however, the appeal court confirms the decision of the previous court, Randy Blythe should be released on the day that decision is made." Jonathan Crane, a reporter from the Prague Post, told WTVR-TV that a legal expert believes the Blythe's defense team should have quite a strong case. "Even if Randy was responsible for the alleged attack, the expert said that who is to say that he wasn't accidentally kicked or trodden on or left without help by fans below the stage," Crane said. The U.S. Embassy in Prague on last week released a very brief statement regarding Blythe: "The U.S. Embassy provides standard consular services to American citizens in need of assistance. We cannot discuss specific cases due to privacy concerns." Source: Blabbermouth.com

Damn dude. I really feel for Randy right now.

Apparently he's started writing a book about the experience...

Will be an interesting read no doubt.

I think that's safe to say...

http://loudwire.com/lamb-of-god-randy-blythe-photo-message-arriving-u-s/

Glad he's back home, finally. They ended up cancelling their tour with Dethklok and Gojira (which SHOULD bloody have gone on without them, but hey)...

That's a dedicated fan right their.

Then her husband calling to speak with Randy wow. I bet Randy was in shock. Their is some good fans out.

Definitely.

Baby Firefly Kina replied 1 year ago...

I'm glad Randy is back.

I awoke to the pain of a new existence, in a dank womb of darkness and decay. ~ Kain

Sheriff Wydell euphorious replied 1 year ago...

SO PEOPLE LISTEN UP .... RANDY HAS BEEN IDICTED ON MANSLAUGHTER CHARGES OVER THE FAN THAT DIED AT THE CONCERT.... HOW REDICK IS THIS ITS NOT HIS FAULT SOME DUDE GOT ON STAGE AND FELL I MEAN SERIOUSLY THE SECURITY AND THE VENUE MANGERS SHOULD BE AT FAULT FOR NOT GUARDING THE STAGE. TOTAL BS JUST TRYING TO PIN SOME DUDE DEATH ON A ROCKSTAR ... DONT GET ME WRONG I FEEL BAD THIS GUY DIED BUT TO BLAME IT ON SOMEONE WHO WAS BUSY PERFORMING Y SHOULD HE B HELD LIABLE?? 5-10 YEARS HES GONNA HAVE TO SERVE FROM THIS INCIDENT. ITS REALLY JUST EFFED UP!!!!

That was dismissed months ago was it not.  Last I heard he was let go.

Sheriff Wydell euphorious replied 1 year ago...

nope he was indicted yesterday on manslaughter it was pending and now they are going through with it

Unfair.

Baby Firefly Kina replied 1 year ago...

Oh noooooo.

I awoke to the pain of a new existence, in a dank womb of darkness and decay. ~ Kain

I really hope something happens for Randy. 

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php