header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Wednesday 13/Murderdolls/Frankenstien Drag Queens
Started by Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 2 years ago
I've been a fan of Wednesday 13 for a long time now. My band even got to open for them in 2009. They are really great and deserve much more attention than they get. I've always felt that they should tour with Rob Zombie because they go together really nicely (wednesday sings about horror films, and musically it's similar) and I was very happy to see that one of Wednesday 13's band's, The Murderdolls, toured with Rob and Alice Cooper a couple years ago. Hopefully that opened up more people to the band. They really are great. Wednesday 13 is super talented and also has his own country band, Bourbon Crow, and an 80s guitar rock band, Gunfire 76. Continually proving himself a master of genre's and writing lyrics for different types of projects, I've loved everything the guy has done From his beginings in glam/horror punk Frankenstein Drag Queens From Planet 13, to the Murderdolls and everywhere in between If you are not familiar with his solo work, a good place to start is with these songs: I walked with a zombie Home Sweet Homicide Haunt Me Ghoul of my Dreams I hope you enjoy this band as much as I do. They are one of my favorites!

+1
The Professor GODHEAD replied 2 years ago...

I thought they put up a great performance as the opening act for alice and rob.it was great to see Joey play guitar for the murderdolls and drums for Rob.

Tiny The Gill-Man replied 2 years ago...

I love ALL of Wednesday's bands!! Murderdolls, Bourbon Crow, FDQ, his "solo" stuff...all of it is fantastic!! I got to see him live this past November, and he was absolutely incredible! His band was rockin', and he has such an amazing stage presence. The highlight of the set, for me, was when they played the Frankenstein Drag Queen's classic "Scary Song"! Afterwards, Wednesday and the band came out to meet the fans and sign autographs. Despite his horrific image, he's actually an incredibly nice guy who really treats his fans with respect. I'll definitely be there the next time he comes through my neck o' the woods!

+1
Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 2 years ago...

Yeah he really is great. I used to like Murderdolls best, but I didn't feel like Women and Children Last was as strong as Beyond The Valley, which was classic! Every single song was just perfect. I never understood how they basically considered it a demo. It think it was one of the albums ever.. Everyone was waiting for Murderdolls triumphant return...well I realize now that it really is all about W13. They used to say that Beyond The Valley was about 50% Drag Queens and 50% Joey's old band....It's really basically ALL Wednesday's shit. If you look, I think it's something like only 3 out of the 19 or so songs was Joey Jordison originals. And those are the weaker tracks on the album in my opinion. No disrespect to Joey. He's fucking badass! But he's definatley coming from a more metal backround whereas I prefer W13's glam/punk/goth/industrial/hair metal roots. At this point W13's solo shit is my favorite. I used to think it was exactly the same as the Murderdolls, but after finally seeing Murderdolls last year, they definately have a slightly different image. I've been really getting into Bourbon Crow lately, actually. Wish I could have caught them when they toured a few years back. Gunfire is great, but not my favorite. If anyone is curious, I'd say W13's first two albums are a great introduction into his style. It's like a more fun and tongue and cheek version of a Zombie album. I don't know. I always kind of felt like if there was an orgy with Motley Crue, Manson, Zombie, and The Misfits, their love child would be W13! ...and that is about the biggest compliment I could ever give anyone....Also, let's throw Alice Cooper in the orgy for good luck. yup.

Tiny The Gill-Man replied 2 years ago...

Well said! I agree completely, especially with your "orgy" assesment! That's what I love about Wednesday...he's like a blending of so many of my musical heroes. He does it all in such a over-the-top, camp way. I'd really love to see him open for Zombie. It would be a perfect fit. I was sad that the tour with Zombie/Cooper/Muerderdolls never made it my way, as I would have LOVED to have seen such a triple bill. Still, I think Wednesday's solo band would be an even better fit as an opening act for Rob! I love Bourbon Crow as well! "Highway to Hangovers" is the best damned thing to happen to country music in forever! Of course, the average country music listener will never hear it, but I guarantee that if you put any of those tracks on in a roadhouse or***-tonk, you'd have all the drunks dancing along! I totally agree about "Beyond the Valley...". I think the only reason they think of it as a "demo" is because of the fact that the vast majority of the disc was re-done FDQ stuff. Now, I LOVE FDQ, but I think the versions on BtVotMD are superior in most cases. I feel the same way about the re-recordings of FDQ stuff that Wednesday did on "6 Years, 6 Feet Under the Influence" (that disc is billed as FDQ, but Wednesday did the majority of the recording on his own, so I consider it to be a solo album). Like you, my least favorite band of his is Gunfire 76. I like that album, but I was pretty disappointed when I first heard it. I mean, Wednesday was working with Todd Youth...and they decided not to include the horror angle at all?? I understand wanting to do something different, but to have these two guys go in such a direction was baffling to me. I thought having Todd, a man who has played with Danzig, the reunited Samhain, and Son of Sam, would have really made the project dark and sinister. It was more 80's hair metal, which is fine, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. All of his solo stuff just blows me away! "Calling All Corpses" was one of my favorite albums of last year, in ANY genre!

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

His 5th solo effort, The Dixie Dead, is due out next month and I purchased a package of the album that comes with some cool treats and merch, but also a 20 or so minute long Skype convo.  

I was wondering if some of you fans could give me some suggestions of what to ask him?  Anything interesting you can come up with?  I was planning on having a laid back convo over some Jack Daniels, but maybe dedicating a couple mins to an interesting QandA.  So, any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

for some reason my browser will not let me copy and paste at the moment, but if you would find the time, if you've never heard him, please check out

I Walked With A Zombie
Home Sweet Homicide
I Wanna Be Cremated
Skeletons

and check out the trailer to the new album, The Dixie Dead!  Especially if you are into 70s exploitation films!!

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

I'll be checking this out.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

Brand new W13 album, The Dixie Dead, is on Spotify FREE today...because of it being Wednesday the 13th!  The official release date is on the 19th and I think you can also buy it on itunes right now.

I listened to the whole thing.  It's amazing!  It's almost like 2 albums in one because the whole thing is split in the middle.  The first half is very heavy and then the second half is much more old school.  Split inbetween of a sample track "Coming Attractions"... this is much like a double feature grindhouse film! 

Tiny The Gill-Man replied 1 year ago...

The Dixie Dead may just be my favorite album of his to date!!! Just saw Wednesday again, for the third time, this past Sunday! With him was another favorite of mine, the ever-incredible Calabrese! I'll post some pics up soon!

Here's a couple pics of me with Wednesday:

Some shots of the show:

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

Cool pics

Tiny MsBoogeyman replied 1 year ago...

awesome pics awesome pants thanks! 

MsBoogeyman

Thanks guys!

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php