header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Our Record Collection
Started by The Professor Jay Boogeyman 2 years ago

I really dig what Zombies doing on this site, We get some inside scoop on the Z-man, and its really really cool. So, the Rob Zombie Record Collection got me to think "I bet theres stories of fans that would be funny, trippy, odd to hear about their (Record Collesction)" So let me start out with mine, we can post once aweek on any album we bought, doesnt have to start from the get go. Let's see what happens.... Im going to start out by stating I grew up with my grand parents, if you care to read my profile. We had ALOT of different Music, from Old time trucker music Such as Box Car willie, Red Sovine, to Elvis, The beatles, to classical, to Big band such as the Rat pack and more.... But I can say when I bought my first ever Album, it was the summer of '86 I was 7 with my Cash I earned ever so hard, with pulling my teeth out, and wishing really hard each and every birthday, I bought my First Album, it was mine, and I didnt have to put it on the table in the hallway, It was mine, so I could keep it in my bedroom, I thought I was a badass for this! My first ever album I bought was (The Beach Boys LIVE). For some odd reason I thought this group of Hip cats were very heavy, maybe punkish? I dont know, I was a kid. I can say I really enjoy the beach boys, with their songs. The album I bought I remember Had (in my room) (Good Virations) (Surfer Girl) and one track that was for being 7 was the most coolest track ever... The Beach Boys Doing (The Monster Mash). How can you not love The Beach Boys? Singing about hot Girls and hot rods, whats any better? When I got my other beach boy albums later, thats when I started to dig the long hair, beard look. I believe the 60's and 70's were the most coolest times and I always wished I grew up in those times then the 80s and 90s. Later when I discovered that Charles Manson was linked to The Beach Boys, at the age of 10, it just made me feeling I was truly a A hard core badass.... BUT shit even Neil Young knew who Manson was and liked his music

The Professor Jay Boogeyman replied 2 years ago...

Emma, I didnt post this in this forum, I posted this in G.C. Im not sure how it got in the touring part, could you please move it?

Captain Spauldin Emma replied 2 years ago...

No problem, will get that done

Clients: Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D, Tommy Clufetos: see my work: http://www.facebook.com/1976designs

Captain Spauldin Emma replied 2 years ago...

Oops will have to do this when I log onto my computer later - on my iPad at the mo.

Clients: Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D, Tommy Clufetos: see my work: http://www.facebook.com/1976designs

The Professor Jay Boogeyman replied 2 years ago...

Thank you

+1
Unholy Lord of Salem replied 2 years ago...

Cool thread, Boogeyman. I'll play too. I got my first album (on cassette) when I was 11 years old... Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, by Iron Maiden. I had just received a double cassette deck for my birthday, and my dad (who was always playing some rockin tunes or other, be it AC/DC, Krokus, Scorpions, Metallica, or Iron Maiden--he raised us right! ) had bought us tickets to see Iron Maiden live, so the album (which was brand new, and the one they were touring at the time) was extra special. I played the hell out of that thing, blasting it off my bedroom walls for days on end. I still have the cassette, and it's completely black, with all the songs and writing long since worn off. As a young kid (and yeah, I still do today), I used to love looking at record covers, especially ones like Maiden's (The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind in particular left an impression on me at age 5 or so... I also remember AC/DC's Powerage very vividly--they were cool, and a little scary, at that age.), so it felt wicked to own a Maiden album, especially one I would get to see them tour, and especially one my dad didn't have (at that point). I felt so grown up listening to that tape, and it still has a ton of nostalgia associated with it whenever I play it. Good times.

Come for the chicken-run blast-o-rama, stay for the werewolf women!

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

The first album ( on cassette) I can remember having was Micheal Jackson's Thriller...That was when I was 7..I am pretty sure I wanted it, after seeing the music video for Thriller at my baby sitter's house.

That video was pretty baddass, in its day...

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

Especially if you are only 7 and you haven't seen many music videos..

For sure...

Otis B. Driftwood SideShowCarni replied 2 years ago...

My first was actually "Thriller" as well...*Cough Cough* I think I only got it because of the Halloweenish feel to it!

Trust me, fella. That ain't the only thing I do with this mouth.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php