header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Can anyone help me with this question?
Started by The Professor Belialith 1 year ago
I was just now making some tea, and the word "Therion" or however it's spelled, came into my head. I quickly went upstairs to look it up on the computer and I got the same results as when it popped into my head a few months ago. This word THERION. Anyone ever heard it? When it popped into my head, for some reason I get the idea its an old mystery school word, like Hermes or something. But when I look for it on the computer, it doesn't bring anything of that nature up. Anyone know anything about that word? In the meantime, ha, just like the first time around when looking for it, I saw this band called Therion but I never listened to their music. This time I looked and hey, haha, it's not too bad. This song, somewhere in their sound, has a Rob Zombie sound...'come on come on come on come on dare devil' THERION - Kali Yuga III http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UKKrZMAy94

The Professor Belialith replied 1 year ago...

uh, sorry for bothering you guys. Shoulda thought to look in the dictionary before. Well I found it. And what a weird meaning.... Web definitions Therion is a Swedish heavy metal band founded by Christofer Johnsson in 1987. The word "therion" comes from the Greek therion (θηρίον), meaning "Beast," i.e., that of the Christian Book of Revelation. However, the band's name is a homage to the Celtic Frost album To Mega Therion. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therion_(band) Lupus is a constellation in the southern sky. Its name is Latin for wolf. Lupus was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd century astronomer Ptolemy, and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations. It lies between Centaurus and Scorpius. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therion_(constellation) This article is a listing of all official releases by Therion, a Swedish metal group. As of January 2008, the band have released thirteen studio albums. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therion_(discography) Therion, also known as The Beast, is a god found in the mystical system of Thelema, which was established in 1904 with Aleister Crowley's writing of The Book of the Law. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therion_(Thelema) ----------- oh my goodness, yes...Thelema. That's probably what was at the corner of my mind. Wow. This is too strange. Why did this name Therion come twice to my mind, both times out of the blue? Does anyone else ever get this happen to them? Some word just pops in and you don't know why or where it came from?

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Wow..Very interesting..

Sheriff Wydell euphorious replied 1 year ago...

I had the word Gigli keep popping in my head one night and i was telling my fam i was like anyone know who gigli is? my uncle told me it was a horse he and my dad bet on back in the day (my dad has passed on) and he said but there is anouther gigli in an upcomming race... anyways he bet on it and he won a couple hundred dollars.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Interesting

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php