header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/12623/1_119.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 549

Warning: getimagesize(http://robzombie.com/wp-content/wps-content/forum/12623/12922/1_beatrix_kiddo_kill_bill_15051766_1087_1400.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /home/content/11/8493711/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-symposium/functions.php on line 873

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
scoliosis and surgery, how do i deal with this?!
Started by The Professor living-dead-girl 1 year ago

So I have a terrible (painful) bone deformity called scoliosis, which basically means my spine is curved. Fun huh? I also happen to be getting a spinal fusion for it. does anyone else have this nasty thing? if so how do you deal with it? i hate it so much. i can barely walk most of the time, and when i do its pretty embarassing lol. i also have a video on my youtube channel of me talking about it if anyone is interested i will add a link, i will also add some photos. 
xo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmzaIuTLgEc 
i am so terrified of getting surgery, i have never had one really before. i'm gonna be in the hospital for a week {#emotions_dlg.sad} ok i am done whining now XD if you have scoliosis or have been through some form of surgery, please help me {#emotions_dlg.skull} it is much appreciated!

Banjo BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

No sorry I never have had issues with my spine but I've known people that had scoliosis and I hate your going through that. My guy had back surgery last year for a herniated disc and definately alot of emotions and worries pre op. Luckly for us the surgery was a success and he hasn't had anymore terrible pain like before. I hope you have friends and family to support you through it all and be there for you. And good luck on your surgery!

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I have never had any surgery..But I was there for my mom when she had back surgery 11 years ago. Having people there to help her made it a lot easier for her. So, I guess the best advice I can give you is get your family members and/or good friends to go with you to the hospital and to be there for you when you get out of surgery. Anyway, good luck .

Otis B. Driftwood Skatan replied 1 year ago...

When I had Knee surgery when i was 14 ..I saw a few girls going through this....Me heart goes out to u...Have the Surgeri but make sure u have a damn good surgeon I was at Cleveland Univesit hospital and me knee has neva given me problems since The doctor I had was a sports doc. he was awesome. ..Id do this operation as soon as u can . How old are u
?   

Otis B. Driftwood Lola666Zombie replied 1 year ago...

@living-dead-girl

i do not have scoliosis, but i do have a spinal injury and i KNOW how hard it is!!

i do feel for you and wish you all the best in your sugery!! i also HATE being in the hospitsl, but hepofully the week will pass fast for you!!

lovies <3 lola

Otis B. Driftwood Skatan replied 1 year ago...

mo than a week mo like a yeaR on uR back afta the Rod has been inseRted

The Professor white_zombie replied 1 year ago...

living dead girl, 'i don't think' i have as bad a situation as you, but been dealin' with a nagging problem of back/ shoulder/ neck pain and a restrictive movement of my left arm for 7-8 yrs now. i refuse to have it checked out by a doctor, cuz i simply do not trust our modern day medical field (have my reasons.) the symptoms i've experienced (i suspect) had stemmed from years of bad posture and sleeping on my left-side predominately since a child. my deaf right ear most likely the culprit. i wish you a successful surgery and as speedy a recovery as possible. what i've learned these years in pain, is to never give in to it. fight it intellegently with your mind. after your surgery, don't push yourself too hard, but don't wimp-out either. stay ahead of it all the best you can. that's all i got for advice. and perhaps, for inspiration, watch 'kill bill!' uma thurman displays such strength and mind power that you just want to be that type of fighter against all odds. an excellent example of warrior ability. oh, and don't give up on your dream to play guitar. remember "mars needs women!" women and warriors as musicians! try and stay as healthy as possible before the operation, drink healing herbal teas. red clover, yellow dock and dandelion are a few good ones for purifying your blood. take care, living dead girl, i'll be around here occasionally if you want advice on herbs for more rapid healing.

underneath the body, baby, where what you see is what you see and what you get

The Professor living-dead-girl replied 1 year ago...

thank you all very much! in response to certain comments, basically my mom and close friend are the most supportive people i have, my other friends aren't really there, which is why i reached out to my internet friends instead haha. I am 15. and i will be in the hospital a week, but it does take a year to fully heal. white_zombie i especially want to thank you, i am actually normally able to handle most things that come my way, i guess this has been a bit of a breaking point for me. i am starting to become more positive, its just extra difficult, especially when i have lost people who i thought would be there {#emotions_dlg.hmmm} luckily i have rob zombie to cheer me up! oh and kill bill is an amazing movie i love it! {#emotions_dlg.heart} thanks everyone for being helpful, it means more than you can imagine!

Here are some more alternative medicines for you to consider that are said to cleanse the blood and help your liver too. Burdock root extract and Milk Thistle. Milk Thistle has a proven powerful component called (silymarin) which has been scientifically proven to protect your liver. Can be very helpful post-surgery. And Burdock has a long history of use for removing toxins and has antibacterial properties as well. Just be sure to read precautions and possible interactions!

Here is a link to the web page I read on Burdock. 
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/burdock-000227.htm

I know some of these herbs you can buy, like at Wal-Mart, but they aren't nearly as potent, so I wouldn't shop there for Milk Thistle. This one can be rather pricey, but if you have a health/ nutrition center close by, I would talk to the botanist and he/ she should have more information on how long you should take this herb and the dosage he/ she would recommend for your situation. Thank you for the "thank you" living-dead-girl Wink

Well, ya might wanna hold off on the Milk Thistle. 

http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Supplements_340/Milk-Thistle-and-Liver-Formula-Supplements-Low-in-Key-Component_printer.shtml

Think it may be more for those going through chemotherapy. My mom passed away from small cell lung cancer in '09 and that's the reason I knew a lil' about it.This new study shows possible large amounts of lead in the supplements. But it's worth doing some more research on in my opinion.

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

i also have scoliois and so does my sister, its only a slight curve u dont notice it BUT my back hurts most of the time but i have a high pain tolerance and I've always practiced mind over matter. I get healings like reiki that helps a little. but i also get these prescribtion bengay patched that u leave on for 12 hrs and that feels nice, night time is torture thats when its at its worst, i toss and turn all night. it sux, urs seems alot worse tho , i feel sorry 4 ya mines small i cant imagine what a full blown curve feels like. 

The Professor white_zombie replied 10 months ago...

Living-dead-girl!!! You still with us? Was wonderin' how you've been doin' lately and if you ever got scheduled for surgery on your spine. Thought about ya after my left arm improved. I can finally move it and it's almost back to a normal range of motion. Hope you are doing well.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php