header
Vote Rob Zombie best live band

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
How did you discover Rob Zombie?
Started by The Professor living-dead-girl 2 years ago
I was looking through some of my parents CDs when i was little and when I saw la sexorcisto the first thought that came to my mind was 'I'm in love' So I began listening to it and I realized they were the songs my mom would listen to when I was really young.

+2
Otis B. Driftwood livingdeadgirlnicole1031 replied 2 years ago...

I first heard White Zombie on the radio and was hooked. I was in jr high and I am 31 now.

The Professor GoGo replied 2 years ago...

My brother and other older sister where listening to White Zombie, and i was about 8 or 9 when i heard them and was hooked ever since!

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 2 years ago...

I remember one night in 1993, around the beginning of 10th grade,,I was in the car with my parents, and they were cool enough to have the radio station on my favorite rock station..Suddenly, the DJ said " Beavis and Butthead really like these guys", and then he started playing Welcome to Planet MF..I liked it

The Professor OKChoctaw52 replied 2 years ago...

As I was discovering my musical tastes and how it steered toward metal and rock, I remember seeing a band called White Zombie and thinking that is such a cool name for a band. Little after that I heard More Human Than Human on the radio and being amazed. Right after that, they played Dragula. It was when he was coming out with Hellbilly Deluxe. I was hooked though.

Your opinion of me is none of my concern :)

+1

I remember in 1995, when I first saw the music video for More Human Than Human..I loved it. Loved the song, and the imagery in the video..After seeing it, I loved White Zombie even more, and I also remember hearing an interview on the radio around that time with Rob. He was talking about album art and something about how much more impressive it was on records than cds, especially because the difference in size..I thought that was interesting, because I had always appreciated album art.

Tiny GrindhouseJoJo replied 2 years ago...

Watching Crusty Demons when the first one came out ... it had a really good sound track and there were a couple of songs on there, the sound just blew my mind, I just had to find out who sang them ... they turned out to be Blur the Technicolour and Super Charger Heaven.

Tiny wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww replied 2 years ago...

working 4 haunted house doing horror costumes and characters of zombie... like i remeber people in the doctor satan room and i just got some white zombie cds to at that time we also used the latex hand made masks and stuff to at a place called the edge of darkness with mike torress a make up and effects artist he works in film industry.. i did the haunted house for about 9 years i think.. i did mostly characted work but also did all kinds of extrastuff to

wwwwwwwwwww

Sounds like a pretty cool haunted house.

Unholy Lord of Salem replied 2 years ago...

First heard Sexorcisto in high school, tape trading with a buddy. Bought it the next week, and have been into every release since. Astro Creep was huge at my high school... which was as it should have been.

Come for the chicken-run blast-o-rama, stay for the werewolf women!

The Professor living-dead-girl replied 2 years ago...

I wish people liked good music at my school! I'm cursed being stuck in a crappy generation who loves LMFAO and drake etc. :c

Tiny wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww replied 2 years ago...

just listened to LMFAO Performance with Justin Bieber i think they suck like eating a plate of dogshit is more desirable.to eat than to listen to them .. they are all lords of the douchebags they are not artistically tallented nor do they even make there own music its all some corperately produced crap that needs to be expunged from the planet... none of them know what quality music is nor does it have soul nor spirit it is a humanistic corperate layed sludge with a long history in the boyband followings they dont dress themselves they dont make there own music all there hair and makeup is done for them they are the total sum of the fat idiot greed of the corperate world... none of them are real men either they are all doand uchebag boys with terrible personalities and no talent hacks and there music sucks balls.. these are all liitle boys who wouldnt know what manhood is.. even david hasselhoff shows up for the festivities in the end to prove what a douchebag he is lol there are real bands like rob zombie sytem of a down U2 smashing pumkins disturbed coldplay these are all real artists of music stage and show these real artists are real men with real souls and spirirt they take on what is wrong and do what is right.. the corperate world hates you and I and only loves more money... they will take out anyone who gets in there way of a profit or power.. what im saying here is the straight truth and nothing else..

wwwwwwwwwww

+1

I don't even know who LMFAO are..I don't want to.

Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 2 years ago...

I was around 11 and had virtually no musical upbringing. My parents were very protective and sheltered me. I didn't even really know what a cd was. A friend told me about this cool band he was listening to at his rocker hippie uncles house. It was Zombie. Simultaneously, I had subconsciously been listening to the tracks on the Twisted Metal video games and had been trying to figure out if anyone knew who the band was because I had become obsessed with the songs and had paused the game just to listen to the songs. I was completely sold when I saw how evil the album cover artwork for Hellbilly Deluxe looked. I had always been obsessed with horror films and never realized there could be "horror music". The rest is history. It was the first hard rock album I ever bought. It is still one of my all time favorite albums ever.

I have heard so many people say that HellBilly Deluxe was the first rock album they ever bought..

The Professor Belialith replied 2 years ago...

My brother told me, "Hey Mary there's a song out there for you." I said "what?" He didn't say anything else. Then I was with my sister and friends at a dance club bar when they played Thunder Kiss. I was born in 65. So I went to my brother and said, "ooh yeaa, I see now what you mean." Then, a while later after that, my sister's husband at the time, came up to me really excited like and said "Mary, Mary, you HAVE to hear this. This will blow your mind away. I think this was made just for you." And I was like, "huh, what?" (what the fuck?) He kind of scared me, or got me by surprise. So he tells me to come over to his truck, that he has the CD and he'll play it for me. I went in the truck, sat down, looked at the CD and it was Devil Music Sexorcisto...hahahaa...I thought what the fuck, why does everyone think I'm the devil or something? So I listened to the music and thought, yep, that sounds like it's talking to me. I thanked him and then left. Yea it's really weird how these wonderful people, like Rob Zombie, are around to help us people, like me, feel less alone in this weird world. I wondered how anybody knew though. I was always keeping a tight lid on it, I mean hiding everything. But my little sister Rosy, when I was in Toronto at the age of 21, she sent this poem entitle "The 80 Legions of Belialith" and she said it was about me. I'm like, oh fucking gaud. What the fuck? My little angel sister Rosy? writing a demonic style poem? Ohly shit! She said she read the book that my older sister told me to read, but I don't read romance, and said that it does remind her of me. My older sister told me the same, but I didn't believe her. Finally when I got back home I read the damned romance book and thought, haha, well wow, it does. That's where I got my nickname. From my sister Rosy, when she sent me that poem. Yea. Rob Zombie is a hit with a hell of a lot of people. A guy I dated just a couple years ago, said his little sister, his goody-two-shoes sister LOVES Rob Zombie. Think. This guy "talks" to a wide audience. Love you Rob.

The Professor Belialith replied 2 years ago...

"...there are real bands like rob zombie sytem of a down U2 smashing pumkins disturbed coldplay these are all real artists of music stage and show these real artists are real men with real souls and spirirt they take on what is wrong and do what is right.." Awesome. Right on, wwwwwwwwwww.

The Professor Tyrannosaurus Rex replied 2 years ago...

Someday back in 2006 I read someone who's name was Rob Zombie is about to reboot my favorite horror franchise Halloween. I was shocked. Than I discovered his music and heared Living Dead Girl 20 times in a row. Than came the movies and so on... Now I'm a Zombie head.

From Germany, but I have nothing to do with the SS-Werewolfs!

Tiny SpiderBaby replied 2 years ago...

I was about ten years old and a friends older brothers introduce us to heavy metal. White Zombie instantly became one of my favorites, I have a lot of good memories listening to La Sexorcisto and Astro creep as a child

WoW, Tyrannosaurus Rex, you became a fan because of the Halloween remake, that is cool. Very refreshing to hear after being a certain horror sites where certain Halloween fans won't stop bitching about the Halloween remakes.

The Professor Tyrannosaurus Rex replied 2 years ago...

Yeah, I know how much the horror fans "love" the two new Halloween movies, but they ignore the fact that Halloween part 5-8, especially part 8 were ten times shittier than Robs movies could be. The news that he was about to remake that classic brought me to the him. The following days I heard every Rob Zombie song who was on YouTube at that time. Then I bought my copies of Hellbilly Deluxe and Zombie Live. Then came the movies. And nowadays I've my big Rob Zombie collection. I don't think many horror fans like those comments, but I really don't care. Robs Halloween has a special place in my heart because it was a movie of my youth.

From Germany, but I have nothing to do with the SS-Werewolfs!

Have you seen Rob in concert? If not, you should go, I had so much fun at all of his concerts I went to..Especially the last two. Yeah, those horror fans completely ignore how much Halloween part 8 sucked..I couldn't even finish watching it, I hated it that much..I was just thankful I saw it on either HBO or Cinemax and I didn't buy a ticket for it. Halloween H20 sucked too. But, certain people seem to forget that, and just bitch and bitch about the swearing in Rob's Halloween films..As if they were the only horror movies with swearing..For instance I just watched Shaun of the Dead on tv last night, I hadn't seen it in awhile, and I never noticed how much swearing there was in it, until I noticed how much of the dialogue was beeped out. And, ever read a Stephen King book? Lots of naughty language in his books..

The Professor living-dead-girl replied 2 years ago...

Rob's concerts are so much fun then again I only go to his concerts CX

Otis B. Driftwood SideShowCarni replied 2 years ago...

Rob by far has one of the best shows I've seen. I've seen everything from Metallica to Carrie Underwood (Shush! Shes HOT!) to Slipknot and I can tell you first hand Robs shows are like a great Mind Fuck, if you will! Best time of my life! Rock The Motherfucker!

Trust me, fella. That ain't the only thing I do with this mouth.

Otis B. Driftwood SideShowCarni replied 2 years ago...

Get back on Topic, I first heard Rob when I was...17ish? Funny it was late at night, and we were driving around some backwooded streets looking for street signs to..."Borrow" and somebody popped in Astro Creep...BADASS! Fan ever since...and I have a love addiction to street signs too. lol

Trust me, fella. That ain't the only thing I do with this mouth.

GraffitiTiger replied 2 years ago...

My dad has always been a fan. Rob Zombie is like "our band" we listen to together.

Tiny jayali666 replied 1 year ago...

I first heard Rob when I was listening to The Crow - City of Angels soundtrack. I thought the song was pretty cool and so checked it out. He is still one of my favourite artists 20ish? years later. My daughter is 5 and she loves metal and sings along to Rob,Pantera etc - Rock on!!

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I still have my copy of that soundtrack..

The Professor GODHEAD replied 1 year ago...

years ago,i heard white zombie for the first time at a friend's loft.since then i was hooked.

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

I was introduced to Zombies music in 1999. My cousin had the Hellbilly Deluxe cd and I listened to it on the Sony walkman. for a while. Phantom Stranger was my first favorite on the cd at the time. Also I played the twisted metal games and noticed his music was on their too.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Tiny samhain203 replied 1 year ago...

My love of horror movies is what led me to Rob's music. I read that he was a big horror fan as well and used sound bytes and references to the genre in his music. 'American Music To Strip By' was my first Zombie purchase and I fell in love right there and then. I immediately bought the 3 major White Zombie releases as well as Rob's first solo disc 'Hellbilly Deluxe'.

The last man on earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door.

Banjo Aiden replied 1 year ago...

I discovered zombie in a friends basement party. we were all drinking and meet the creeper starts playing. and i was instantly hooked.

Well shit the bed.

Tiny andrewcolomy replied 1 year ago...

Roughly a decade ago I found some of my step-dad's cds in the basement, one was Hellbilly Deluxe. I took it and listened to it and since then I have done everything in my power to obtain all his records solo and White Zombie.

+1
Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

HellBilly Deluxe is a great album..Not surprised that it is the album that got a lot of people hooked on Zombie.

Tiny AmenazA replied 1 year ago...

I listened to some WZ's songs when I was about 16 (1994), but at that time I was in 70's prog music, so I didn't like them..... Rediscovered RZ as solo artist after wathcing HOTC

bisogna rompere questo cerchio ristretto di suoni puri e conquistare la varietà infinita dei suoni-rumori....

Antipope replied 1 year ago...

Playing Need For Speed Underground, Two Lane Blacktop was a soundtrack of this one.

EvolLucas replied 1 year ago...

I had heard about White Zombie for quite awhile by the time I was 16, but never heard any of their music that I was aware of. Late 1 Friday night in '96 I was watching ECW and they featured a highlight video that encorporated WZ's "Thunder Kiss '65" video. I was blown away, to be sure. Whitin the next week or so I was a music store and bought the cassette for La Sexorcisto and that was it... I was HOOKED!

Tiny Alan Coy replied 1 year ago...

MTV when i was a little one, probably More Human Than Human music video.

ACoyBoy

Tiny DEVIL666MAN replied 1 year ago...

I'VE BEEN A ZOMBIE FAN SINCE ASTRO CREEP CAME OUT.
ONCE I HEARD IT I WENT BACK AND LISTENED TO LE SEXCORSITO,
AND REALIZED THAT I HAD HEARD THUNDERKISS BEFORE, BUT
NEVER KNEW WHO DID IT.
I HAVE BOUGHT (((EVERY))) ZOMBIE ALBUM SINCE, & WAS LUCKY
ENOUGH TO GO TO 2 CONCERTS HERE IN DALLAS, & WILL SOON BE
GOING TO THE 3RD, & MOST EPIC ZOMBIE CONCERT...NOT TO MENTION
THE VERY 1ST TIME MANSON & ZOMBIE HAVE TOURED!!
I WILL BE THERE!!!

(i apologize for the caps, but this is from my profile & i didn't feel like rewriting the whole thing lol)

Tiny Invictus replied 1 year ago...

Astro-Creep days for me too. It was an album that was a little different to the straight up metal I was listening to back in the early 1990s. You've got to remember it was the final days of Grunge and we'd been force-fed a diet of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden for a few years; as a group of dedicated Metal-Heads we'd sort of pulled up the drawbrige and become entrenched in the scraps of real metal that we were made to live on in those days. It was the harder hitting stuff, like Pantera, Fear Factory and the always brilliant Sepultura that saw us through those dark times (remember that Metallica had been out on tour since 1991 with the Black Album, Guns N Roses had become Axl's vanity project and was as bloated and turgid as its vocalist and even the mighty Iron Maiden had lost Bruce Dickinson and replaced him with Blaze Bayley.) 
I first saw Rob Zombie perform live when White Zombie played at Donington Park in 1995 as part of Metallica's Escape from the Studio festival. WZ were midway up a bill that included: Corrosion of Conformity, Warrior Soul, Machine Head, White Zombie, Slash's Snakepit, Slayer, Skid Row, Therapy? and Metallica. Unsually for England it didn't rain (much) that day.
White Zombie's industrial sound was fresh and new - certainly in the mainstream - back in those days and I still remember Rob bounding around the Donington stage like a wild man while performing Super Charger Heaven. The performance was also notable because Sean Yseult was only the second woman to play a festival at Donington Park since its inception in 1980. How times change.

And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Banjo Skatan replied 1 year ago...

I first heard White Zombie and loved the musick and everything  else he put out ... The musick is just so awakening .full of energy  . 

Chicken Fucker Clevon BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

I first heard Rob Zombie Dragula on KROQ when I was younger and was blown away. I was pretty much in my 80s punk band phase until that point. I loved the beat and he was the coolest dude i ever saw in a music video. I have always been a horror flick fan since i was like 6 and effin loved his music videos. Pretty much been a fan ever since got all his cds and then went back and got all White Zombie stuff. Lots of good times to his tunes growing up and pretty awesome parties. His music still till this day can get me up and wanna dance. Great workout music while im at the gym these days. I'll never forget the Zombie concert I went to in Hollywood and rocked out during the entire set. I been to a bunch of concerts and only 2 have gotten me to really headbang or dance by the mosh pit and that will be Zombie and Ministry. Rob really puts on an awesome show and you can tell he wants to make sure his fans have a good time. Best stage presence out of everyone i have ever seen including NIN and Marilyn Manson which in my opinion were the most boring concerts i've been to for poor audience interaction and presence.

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Tiny domphilina replied 11 months ago...

Me and my friends listened to White Zombie as well as King Diamond, Ozzy, Alice Cooper etc. back well lets just say when we were all alot younger. 20 plus yrs ago. Back when they actually played music you wanted to listenen to on the radio. Heres a question for all those who live in and around nyc..... who remembers Fingers Metal Shop on Saturday nights on WBAB? 

Banjo Skatan replied 11 months ago...

MTV

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php