header

Facebook-button   twitter-button  

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Venimous rat
Started by Otis B. Driftwood Skatan 1 year ago

can ani one explain the meaning of the first track on this CD?

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

I'd like to know the meanings of all the tracks and the album as a whole.  After all, Rob did say it was a concept album.  That's the beauty of art though-- it can mean something different to everyone.  I don't know what individual tracks are about.  But I have some thoughts about the album as a whole.

In my opinion, I think the album is about a girl, and chronicles what happens to her or what she goes through over a period of time.  How long I don't know.  But I feel like it's a personal journey.  I think it's about a 'girl who loves the monsters'.  And she apparently has a tattoo of a 'skull on her ass'.    There seems to be some kind of revolution going on in the world around her.  Along with the artwork and "trippy" or "psychedelic" imagery and colors, and taking in consideration Rob's love of the time period, I'd assume it's safe to say the album takes place somewhere around the late 60s/early 70s.  

To me, the album has subtley and sometimes not so much, drug references.  There is a feeling or vibe of awaking the consciousness.  Or subconscious.  I think it has something to do with music too, as well as politics.  There is this sense that screams "WAKE UP....DONT BE BLINDED BY THE LIES!".  

I love this album.  I think it's by far his most interesting piece of work to date.  Hellbilly Deluxe will probably always be my favorite album, but this one comes damn close.  

I could be very wrong about all of this.... it's obviously up to interpretation.  The classic line that I far too often feel the need to quote by Marilyn Manson, "art is a question mark".

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the meanings of this album, Skatan.  As well as everyone else on the board.  To you guys think I might be on to something?  Have some completely different thoughts on it?  I'd love to hear it.

In my own imagination, I almost sort of see this album as being Heidi Hawthorne's story long LONG before the events that took place in The Lords of Salem.  I know they are not supposed to be really related (aside from Rob admitting that pretty much he wouldn't be surprised if certain things leaked into one another since he was practically working on Lords of Salem and Venomous Rat at the same time, so it's only natural for the subconsious to somewhat be on the same wavelength).  I don't think we should look at this album as being some sort of weird companion piece to Lords of Salem.  It's a separate entity all it's own.  But I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you disregard everything about witches (both past and present) in the world of Lords of Salem.  If you can just imagine what Sheri's character was up to 10, or 15 years before all the insanity with witches and all that, I almost can imagine her living in the world or context of Venomous Rat.  She's younger (TEENAGE nosferatu pussy??)  and there's mention of  "Dead City RADIO"... She works at a radio station...  She's going to eventually develop a bad drug problem....

Anyway, I know that above description is probably not true, but I enjoy fantasizing that it's maybe the prequel of Lords' long before anything evil is going on.

Give me some thoughts...  I'd love to break apart the album and dissect it..

You got anything Moon, or Emma??  I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

EDIT

Oh yeah, also I get the vibe that there is definitely something to do with a cult or some sort of brainwashing going on.  A song like Lucifer Rising reminds me of the Charles Manson stories..  Rob always had a big fascination with the Manson family and has written several songs around those idea's, so I'd bet theres a little of that going on in this album as well. 

Otis B. Driftwood Skatan replied 11 months ago...

wow ,thanx for ur interesting input.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php