header

Facebook-button   twitter-button  

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
How far have you driven to see a Rob Zombie concert?
Started by Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 1 year ago

In 2011 we drove from Cincinnati to Detroit to see Rob and Slayer on the Hell On Earth tour. In October we drove from Cincinnati to Youngstown for the Twins of Evil tour. Both drives were about 5 hours give or take. Almost as fun was driving back after the show scarfing down Mt. Dew and cupcakes...................

Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't calll me "Shirley."
Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

About the same.

We drove from NW Indiana to Columbus Ohio for Rock on the Range which was close to 6 hours and a year earlier drove fom NW Indiana to Rockfest in Caddott Wisconsin, which was Zombie's longest set I've seen in awhile.  Great stageshow, but with a huge encore.  He actually played "What?"  which is a favorite of mine...I think he ended up doing about 18 songs that night.  LONG cool show! 

Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 replied 1 year ago...

I've heard great stuff about both of those shows actually........I'm planning on attending ROR in 2013 - the dates were just posted and its less than 2 hrs away. I would love to see WHAT? performed live....such a fun song.

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

The zombie show I have been to that was the longest distance away was the first one I went to..At Ozzfest in 2002..My friends and I had to go into Eastern Washington, because that year Ozzfest was at the gorge. It was a long drive, and we left the day before the concert, and as soon as we got to our hotel, I went to my room and took a nap..

Chicken Fucker Clevon JavaDon3 replied 1 year ago...

Yup - sometimes a long drive can be draining. I always have that fear of driving, hitting the hotel for a brief nap and waking up the next morning having missed the showSurprised That's one of those "Oh you'll laugh about this one day."

Banjo BleedingKittie replied 1 year ago...

I didn't drive but I did fly back home to California from Louisiana to see Rob play at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. Was an awesome concert and was right up front! I remember at one point a guy who was crowd surfing got dragged down by security and they bashed his head in the rail right in front of Rob who then shook his head and stopped the song. Gave the security a good chewing out for abusing their power like that because they totally were out of line... poor guy was bleeding and all ...it was just nice to see Rob care about his fans and pretty much security stood back and let us move around and just have  fun to the fullest and not just shake our fists and headbang.

“I’m here to kick ass and chew gum, and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

The Professor GODHEAD replied 1 year ago...

farthest was from L.A. to San Bernardino to see him at Ozzfest,which is about half way from L.A. to Las Vegas.

Tiny Sandoz replied 1 year ago...

We drove from Lebanon, VA to Roanoke, about a 4.5 to 5 hour drive, to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper at the Halloween Hootenanny a few years back.  Good times hehee.

Let the Music be your master, will you heed the Master\\\'s call? http://www.sandozdesigns.com

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Another place I saw Zombie at that was past Seattle was at the White River Ampitheater in Auburn. I have seen him there twice. I think this stadium in on an Indian reservation,and it can be pretty hard to find.

TheMaryWhore replied 1 year ago...

We didn't think we were gonna make it to The Twins of Evil-show in Stockholm Dec 5, 2012. It wasn't really that long of a drive, 345 miles, about 7 hrs from Norway, but the blizzard that came in from the Baltics on that Wednesday, really made it difficult for us. It snowed so hard, we only had one lane (out of three) that we could barely drive on, the wind was 40 mph and it just wouldn't stop snowing. There were car-crashes, cars that drove off the road every mile, we were just hoping we wouldn't be the next ones. We had plenty of time when we left, but a 7 hr drive, turned into a 14 hr drive, the traffic was only doing 20 miles an hour. In the end we didn't think we would make it to the concert on time, if at all. But we had our minds set on one thing, and we arrived at the venue about 15 minutes into the concert. And what a concert!!!!!!! It was worth every minute in the car. And Zombie made us feel x-tra special when he thanked us for being there, a lot of seats were empty because of the blizzard. The airport was closed and there were no public transport. The next day he posted a picture 'The Stockholm Zombies' on FB, a great memory after one of the best concerts we've been to. Even got to hear our favourites 'Lords of Salem', 'Sick bubblegum' and the finale 'Dragula'!!!!!!! Zombie really takes care of his fans!! Can't wait to see him again!!!

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php