header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
mayhem fest 2013
Started by rtsjr 1 year ago

will  rob  be  doing  meet  and  greets  at  it???

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

Not sure.  There is a good chance he might though!  He is known to do little meet and greets at festivals with no expensive VIP package necessary.  Usually, you just have to buy the album there, they give you a wrist band, and you wait in line.  I met Zombie the very first time this way at Ozzfest 2002 and got my Sinister Urge signed.

Since you titled this thread "Mayhem Fest 2013", I'd like to use it to discuss other aspects of the fest as well rather than make 50 threads with the same name if thats ok with you.

...So guys, are you excited for Mayhemfest this year??  I can honestly say Zombie is the only band I'm going for.  I sort of think the line up sucks this year.  I'm usually not too interested in most of the 2nd stage bands.  Occasionally there are a few gems, but more often than not band after band its just the same boring rhetoric.  A lot of the bands look and sound exactly the same and are faceless and you can't really tell one from the other.  Nothing against those bands at all though.  Actually, a lot of times I enjoy just walking around, drinking, and meeting people.  When I was younger I used to love to get up in the pits but I usually reserve that for the bands I really care about now.  Lol.  Too much working getting up in front for bands that you don't care about.

And then the mainstage bands other than Zombie are not really mainstage material.  I remember at Ozzfest's and Mayhem I think I've seen Mastadon a few times as one of the second stage openers.  A lot of people lik 5 Finger Death Punch, but I just can't get into them.  I think this time around, Zombie is in a class all to himself.

This seems like the first time that the headliner is the only HUGE band on the bill.  They usually have two or three big bands.  It was amazing seeing Korn and Zombie a few years back.

This makes me miss Ozzfest.  No wonder the last few years they weren't making a lot of money--they packed a LOT of quality for your buck.  2002 saw Ozzy, System of a Down, Rob Zombie, Black Label Society, Drowning Pool...  How about 2003?  that was amazing!  Ozzy, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Black Label Society, Cradle of Filth.....  

In comparison, Mayhem has been getting 1 or 2 big bands where Ozzfest through 3-5 at you rapid fire!

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

I mostly only care about seeing Zombie..But I am just so damn excited about seeing him again..The last time was when he was here with Slayer in 2011..

It would be cooler if they merged this tour with the upcoming Marilyn Manson/Alice Cooper tour.  That would be the shit!  lol

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

yes

Helll yeah I would rather see Alice Cooper and Manson tour with Rob..But, I am still happy. Definately need to go to a Zombie show..

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

I already got my tix to Manson/Cooper in NH. im debating the zombie cuz i only like him and five finger death punch. im undesisive 

Euphorious-- of course it's all about budget and what you can afford, but I'd say it's worth it to go!  I'm going, and I ONLY like Zombie.  I do however go for more than just the bands.  It's a fun experience.  I go for the craziness.  Meeting people and partying with them.  I always smuggle a flask in with whiskey at festival shows!  lol.  

Also, I think Mayhem is still offering the 20 dollar lawn tickets.  I've mastered a way to sneak into the pits from the lawn that is pretty easy to figure out but I don't think people really realize how easy it is. 

Baby Firefly euphorious replied 1 year ago...

@M Traedy666 i know it will be good but ahhhhh i wanna do all these things the other rockstar uproar has AIC and /janes addicting ive been wanting to see them in forever everytime i look at tour dates it too late. then the conventions im still on the fence i friggen wanna go support ZOMBIE i just wish he was doing a co headling tour just him and one other band. I'm a pit girl and i want to be all the way up front but there arw so many vip going on its already gonna be swamped. id rather get crushed in the front then tossed around in the back. Pits can be brutal. uhhh zombie just do a tour with just you so we can hear more of ur songs arrrrgggg

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php