header

Facebook-button   twitter-button    

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, and a mail system. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
Next album "final act"?
Started by Bleeding Autumn 2 years ago

Hi guys.
Since this is my first post in this forum, i want to give a huge "hello" to the community.
But now my question: Do you think that the coming RZ album  is going to be his last album? I just thought about it, because Rob just said that in a interview, that this record will represent his "final act".

What do you think? Will we have many more records?

Greetings
Bleeding Autumn 

The legend will never die...
The Professor Tyrannosaurus Rex replied 2 years ago...

Hi!

No, I don't think it will be his last record. I think with "final act" he means that the work on this record will finish the previous chaos with the band members over the years. So, this record is the final act to perfection with the band and the music, and leads to a new level in his career.

But these are only my thoughts on this. I don't want to speak for Rob. : -) 

From Germany, but I have nothing to do with the SS-Werewolfs!

Bleeding Autumn replied 2 years ago...

Thanks for your reply.

Yea, i got it that way too. I just wanted to ask, if someone feels the same. I think  we will have many more cool RZ records in the future.

Out of topic: You are from germany? 

The legend will never die...

When I hear the way Rob Zombie talks about the new record, I can't stop thinking of the Alice Cooper band's album School's Out. This is a very much live and free sounding record too that has kind of a concept.

Yes, I'm from Germany. 

Chicken Fucker Clevon M Tragedy666 replied 2 years ago...

I have no idea what he mean, but I certainly hope it's not his last album.  I kind of hate it when bands say things like that that can be misleading and it scares people because none of us want him to quit.  There are so many examples of bands much older that tour  (Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Three Dog Night, Alice Cooper, and many, many others)  I'd love to continue seeing Zombie live 20 years from now.  But it's just impossible to know.  As a musician myself, I sort of feel like it's an addiction.  It's a sickness.  Sure, a big part of it is for the money, but a true artist really just cannot get away from it completely, even if they think they want to.  It's in their blood.  They just can't help themselves.  It's a passion, a love, it's a million things.  I think it's kind of hard to stop completely.

The last album, Hellbilly Deluxe 2, was rumored to be his last because of something he said that was misunderstood and taken out of context.  I don't remember the exact quote, but he was basically saying that it would probably be his last physical album because by the time he got around to making music again, cds won't exist.  So he really tried to make the artwork extra badass for that album thinking it might be the last physical album people would remember him by...or something in that nature.  So the press got a hold of it and it blew up that it was Rob Zombie's last album.  

So, who knows?  Maybe he'll further elaborate in the future on what he meant, like he had to for HBD2.  We just never can be sure what life throws at us.  But, Rob loves it!  I'm going to hope he will continue making records and touring for years.  And when all is said and done, he'll probably still make movies.  Even if a band gets too old to tour, it would be really cool if they still make albums and just release them for fans.  I'm going to hope this is the case...but not for a long, long time. 

I'm pretty sure that it won't be his last record. His band and his shows working so well at this time. In all the interviews you can see that he's really proud of what he's doing right now. He seems to be a very lucky. There's no sign for quitting.

Tiny Alan Coy replied 2 years ago...

I doubt this will be his last...I hope it will be his best!

ACoyBoy

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php