header

Forum

REGISTRATION IS FREE! Welcome to the official Rob Zombie forum. As a registered member of the site you get access to; a personal profile for updating statuses, chatting with friends etc, mail system, and personal gallery. For more, hover over the RZ Community button on the menu. You can also comment on news stories (non members can post but must enter valid email into comment area, or login using Facebook or Twitter accounts) and upload to one of a number of public upload galleries plus comment and vote on them. Please read House Rules.

Quick Links: Your Profile | Your Messages  |  Your Personal Gallery  | Members List  | House Rules |

Topic Subject
Topic Text
Move Category:
What was that I just heard right there???
Started by The Professor white_zombie 1 year ago
Somebody here has just recently suggested to me that it might be a cool idea to start an analyzation topic (in the main forum) on the many semi-buried phrases of WZ and RZ songs, inserted movie sound clips, possible interpretations of 'out of context' song lyrics, and meanings we have adopted ourselves. We all should know about metaphors and how they can be used to link us together or separate us into groups. Before I begin with my first question, I just want to make clear I don't claim to be any master interpreter of White Zombie or Rob Zombie lyrics and the barely audibles added to the music were meant to fuck with us, so I don't believe Rob really minds us asking and analyzing what he put there purposely. Although there are many mysteries buried throughout the WZ/RZ creations, The Sinister Urge hits me the hardest. I don't really know why. Does anyone know what the English translation of the Latin verse is @ beginning of 'Feels So Numb?' And that same someone who suggested this topic had also asked me 'bout [where the beginning sound clip came from in 'Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks and Cannibal Girls?'] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUcavDoSbYQ

underneath the body, baby, where what you see is what you see and what you get
Unholy M Tragedy666 replied 1 year ago...

I know the sound effects come from the film I Drink Your Blood. Check out 1:35ish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJ1ugMZBhg

The Professor white_zombie replied 1 year ago...

That's so devilishly clever; picking out that seemingly insignificant tritone that really wasn't much emphasized by anything on the old film. But now, after watching the trailer, it's hard not to identify it with the song. And that kinda sucks (for me). Guess it'll take some getting used to. It goes along so well though with Never Gonna Stop's intro, "Use my body to keep you alive." I would have switched Track 3 and 7 on the album. http://www.bing.com/music/albums/detail?q=the+sinister+urge+song+list&albumID=63440A00-0100-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933&artistID=AC840200-0600-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933&qpvt=the+sinister+urge+song+list&FORM=DTPMUA

Do any of you 'mystery seekers' know where the - "We are One" - "One is the beginning" - "Are you One, Herbert?" and "I'm not (Herbert or her Burt") phrases were from @beginning of Starface? The countdown makes you think it was from a movie or documentary of a rocket launch. And then after Warp Asylum, always wondered what that was all about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwiIkCwwNs&feature=related

Do you mean identifying the movie with the song, or the song with the movie? I wouldn't put too much credence in it. It's hard to say what most of Zombie's songs are about. They are very vague. And that might be the secret to making hit rock songs. It's relatable to anybody because it's so vague it could virtually be about anything. If it was clearly about the movie I Drink Your Blood, then, you'd be forced to think of the movie when you listen to the song. I don't know what Feel So Numb is about. It could be about that movie. You might say, "why use a sound clip from the movie if it has nothing to do with the movie?" But, it's a cool little sound clip. I always love discovering these little tid bits and that is why I appreciate you making these threads. It's fun when he loads it with a bunch of stuff to be discovered. Just like that clip from Last House on the Left used in Living Dead Girl. I don't think that song is about the movie at all....then again... he does mention "raping the geek" and "piss up on the stages....." lots of that in the movie! haha. I don't know where the Warp Asylum clip comes from. Do you know about the begining line of Never Gonna Stop?

Haven't played 'Feels So Numb' yet today, but have a feeling it's gonna be hard to forget where that tiny tritone came from . It doesn't really suck that I can't forget. Don't know why I said it that way. I just already thought of that song in a certain way and now it's linked to a movie I had no knowledge of; so kinda changes things. But that's a good thing, the more I think of it. The intro "Use my body to keep you alive" (Never Gonna Stop?) Wish I knew that too. I just thought those two songs should've been together on the album - I drink your blood linked from 'Feels So Numb' and red red kroovy from 'Never Gonna Stop.'

Tiny Parasite Hilton replied 1 year ago...

"One... we are one..." is taken from "The Way of Eden" episode of Star Trek: The original series. The following countdown is taken from the film "Rocketship X-M". "Use my body to keep you alive" is from the film "The Curious Dr. Humpp". The translation of the beginning of "Feel So Numb" is "I solemnly promise to defend good and fight against injustice and evil."

Welcome aboard, Paras!!!! Thanks so very much for stopping by and giving us your gift of knowledge for RZ's musical creations!!!! We much appreciate your presence too! Hard to find interested members wanting to discuss such things as we do here. Would you also happen to know where the clip from 'The Unholy Three' was taken? Where they're like examining and discussing molding some thing or some body in a diabolical way.

That clip is from Dr. Cyclops. I am currently in the process of creating a sample-source archive website. Any band, any sample. Being a horror maniac doesn't hurt ;D

You know, Paras, I had a chance to pick up this, I believe it was a used, Rob Zombie collection of his favourite horror movie clips and didn't buy it. Maybe 10 years ago. It was nothing but that though and at the time, I didn't really feel I would 'get into' having such a thing. Now, man, I'd be checkin' that shit out! Wonder why the collection isn't mentioned anywhere here? I know it ain't his normal released stuff, but I believe it would sell. Perhaps there were only a few of 'em made? Hey, please let us know when your website is ready.

Here's that movie clip collection. [But it's only from 3 of the Frankenstein movies.] http://www.amazon.com/Words-Music-Frankenstein-Score-Anthology/dp/B00001QGSG

Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

I always meant to get those cd's. Still need too.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Yeah, I have that. Pretty much half the album is the score and the other half are dialogue excerpts.

Hey, M_Tragedy: I somehow missed something that you wrote earlier about "Living Dead Girl" and its link to "Last House on the Left." You said: "I always love discovering these little tid bits and that is why I appreciate you making these threads. It's fun when he loads it with a bunch of stuff to be discovered. Just like that clip from Last House on the Left used in Living Dead Girl. I don't think that song is about the movie at all....then again... he does mention "raping the geek" and "piss up on the stages....." lots of that in the movie! haha." (light bulb appears above me and burns, electric) Never made that connection. 'Very' observant of you and that was 'so' clever of him! Guess that's why I can't fully trust him. lol. Just wanted to say that I thought that was funny what you said there. Thinkin' bout checkin' out the Marilyn Manson site. Perhaps, I shall bump into you there, later. Suppose I will leave this one standing for M_Tragedy and Parasite_Hilton. It's been real.

I think maybe he will often combine a bunch of idea's/thoughts into a song. Even if they are opposites or dichotomies. If it is about Last House On The Left at all, it's not solely about it. Lyrically, there are way too many other things going on in the song. "SS whore"? Possible She Wolf of the SS? There is nothing that will effect you subliminally. Lol. I think you are thinking too hard about it. The reason why this topic is so good and should always remain open is because it's cool to discover little things you never knew about your favorite songs. Makes you appreciate them even more. It's not supposed to make you dislike the song all of a sudden or corrupt your mind so-to-speak with new thoughts about it. It's the same song you always loved. You can just now appreciate even more all the time and effort Rob puts into making it really fucking amazing. I've learned about a bunch of movie from Rob that I may never have known about otherwise. He just crams it with stuff he likes, I think. You should never really blindly trust ANYONE, white_zombie. But I do feel like you are reading too much into this. He's not using mind control and hypnosis in these songs to make you do things you wouldn't normally do. And if somehow he had magical powers like that, I hope to hell he would teach me someday! Lol. Imagine what you could do with that kind of power! I'm going to go work on my contract with Satan now to sell my soul in exchange for sorcery abilities. Haha. Take care you guys and keep the interpretations coming! I love this shit!

+1
Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Hell yeah..If Rob has any magical powers, I would love to be his student..A long time ago, when I started learning about Wicca, someone who was more into ceremonial magick than Wicca wanted to teach me what he knew..But turns out, he is kind of an asshole, and very immature.At least Rob has his shit together.

Tiny AmenazA replied 1 year ago...

The verse of 'Feel So Numb' is in spanish: "Prometo solemnemente defender el bien y luchar contra la injusticia y la maldad" I don't know where is taken from...... The laughing is taken from the movie "Horror Rises from the Tomb"

bisogna rompere questo cerchio ristretto di suoni puri e conquistare la varietà infinita dei suoni-rumori....

@M_Tragedy666: If you really would like to know why I'm so paranoid about certain songs and lyrics, I shall message you at your facebook page. And if I were ever to return here to this site again to add to this topic, my identity would be masked. I would not go by the name, white_zombie for obvious reasons. I always thought 'SS' had to do with certain quality classic cars in that lyric, but it could be interpreted both ways for sure. @AmenaZA: Parasite_Hilton said, "The translation of the beginning of "Feel So Numb" is "I solemnly promise to defend good and fight against injustice and evil." Oh and btw, we welcome you to the discussion! =)

+1
Tiny SpiderBaby replied 1 year ago...

I seem to think that the Spanish quote at the beginning of "Feel so numb" is from one of Mil Máscaras lucha films, I might be completely wrong but if it is, it would fit in with the video for the song. Pretty sure Rob just chooses clips from movies that might somehow fit in with a song he's written or maybe he'll actually base a song off a movie quote he likes, I dont think there is anything to be reading into lol

Captain Spauldin Moon replied 1 year ago...

Yeah. Rob loves movies..He says so in many interviews..Like this one I watched on Fear Net months and months ago. He said when he was a kid, he would get the tv guide, circle all the movies that were on tv for a week ( which must have been considerabley less than what we are used to now) and watch as many of them as he could. He loves movies, that is why you see so many pictures of him online wearing t shirts from movies..And why he makes movies..And some of his songs are obviously about movies, and the sound clips you hear in the songs are from movies. I don't see much to read into there. People say writers should write about what they know, so why wouldn't Rob write songs about movies?

@white_zombie I've read Parasite_Hilton post: I was only pointing out that that verse is not Latin but Spanish

bisogna rompere questo cerchio ristretto di suoni puri e conquistare la varietà infinita dei suoni-rumori....

+1

Oh, well, that shows how much I know about the difference between Latin and Spanish. lol. Sorry, @AmenazA. And now I see that your signature is in Spanish; please excuse my ignorance.

@white_zombie my signature is in Italian...... probably 'cause I'm italian ahahahahah

+1
Dr Satan Draghoul replied 1 year ago...

lol.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh ~ Silent Hill

Banjo Aiden replied 1 year ago...

wow just wow.

Well shit the bed.

Tiny Crippletown replied 1 year ago...

For awhile I thought the line "Use My Body" from Never Gonna Stop came from the movie Lifeforce. But I was wrong.

Lol! @ AmenazA

Well, I made it for over a month being away. But wanted to come back to post here. Hey, the next time you guys happen to have your listening ears on; La Sexorcisto and headphones, preferrably, over earplugs. 

You all probably already know about "Lizabeth" being whispered at the beginning of 'Black Sunshine,' but do any of you know what's being whispered at the beginning of 'I Am Legend?' I remember when I first realised the whispers were there. I was in another room and it initially sounded to me like the first whisper was one word, two syllables and "oo" or a wind sound immediately afterwards. Time slot is 5 sec into the song and lasts for 5 sec. The guitar repeats (a few) before the other whispers appear and 'these' are even more indistinct. These start @00:34.

And does anybody know 'all' of what the lady is sayin' @05:44 - 06:01 in 'Welcome to Planet Motherfucker?' I can make out most of it, but would rather not say what I think, bcuz it may not be right and also may influence the listener while he or she is checking it out. 

The Professor Tyrannosaurus Rex replied 1 year ago...

Skip to 1:21. The sound appears on FEEL SO NUMB. And the trailer is awesome! ^^

From Germany, but I have nothing to do with the SS-Werewolfs!

The Professor white_zombie replied 4 weeks ago...

Had never seen 'Candyman' in its entirety, till last night and had forgotten that the main character was 'Helen Lyle.' When that part came up, I remembered Rob wrote a lyric with that name on 'Educated Horses.' In his song, 'Death of it All', she is the Lung Lady. Ha ha. [reminds me of something a friend of mine used to say instead of 'young' lady] Then, on 'Astrocreep 2000', at the end of, 'Blood Milk & Sky', is a hidden outro that eventually transitions into breathing sounds; like a respirator. Now most of us here know of RZ's asthma and that he's had it most of his life; the main reason that he went vegetarian in the first place. [am aware he has gone total vegan now and that may be for different reasons] But anyway, there is mystery there. Instead of Candyman's words, "Be my victim", Rob says, "Be my respirator." A metaphor for sustaining life? "A HUMAN? generator. 'Soul Crusher'"

"Riddle me this, riddle me that!" "I'm looking through a 'Hole in the Sky', but I don't believe there's any future in cause!" Ha ha

The Professor Tyrannosaurus Rex replied 4 weeks ago...

I just found the sound clip of "Teenage Nosferatu Pussy". 

(1:39)

From Germany, but I have nothing to do with the SS-Werewolfs!

The Professor white_zombie replied 4 weeks ago...

I have never taken acid, T-Rex! But I can understand why some of ya would think that. Weed is 'strong enough' for me. Don't need to open myself up any more than that.

You are not permitted to reply on this forum. Login...

css.php