Rob Zombie answers fans questions about his voice following RockFest

Rob Zombie voice

Following Rob Zombie’s sudden withdrawal from the stage, after two songs, at RockFest this saturday, it is understandable fans were upset at missing a full show from the band – something Rob is as much saddened by, having played through thick and thin for the past 29 years.  However as the following statement from Rob says, this was not something he did lightly and he hopes these words may go some way to state why he had to stop the show early.

From Rob Zombie:

I am very sorry to everyone who was at RockFest. Believe it or not this is the first time in 29 years I have not been able to finish a show. I have played through many many nights with a fucked voice. I knew it backstage but came out and tried anyway, but failed. I understand people are pissed, but what can you do? It is easy to say “man up and just do it” but when no sound is coming out there is nothing you can do. If you have ever lost your voice before, then you know it doesn’t magically return just because you want it to. If there was a way to do the show I would have done it, as I have many, many times before. Fuck, I done shows where I walked to the side of the stage between songs to vomit I was so sick. Whatever. I’m not looking for sympathy and I don’t expect anyone care but these are the facts.

As far as everyone yelling “I’ve been a fan for 20 years and now I fucking hate you! you pussy rockstar!” What can I say fucking shitty stuff happens sometimes. I tried explaining it into the mic before I left the stage but I could barely croak out a word. Do you think their was any upside to that show for me? Nope, it’s all a big fucking mess that I wish never happened. We are trying to figure out a time and place to make it up to everybody.

I don’t take the fans for granted and I don’t take this situation lightly. My goal is to never let the fans down, but on that night I did. Unfortunately I had no choice.

1. Mike Neal

Rob fucking rocks, bottpm line

July 29, 2014 at 1:10 am

3. Rick

It was my first time seeing you and I completely understand. Most of the people talking shit called into there job the next morning. Fuck them get better.

July 28, 2014 at 8:44 pm

5. Carrie70

I was at Rock Fest in the pit and the only way to express the feeling when you left was to compare it to a kid on Christmas morning that opened one present and then had the rest suddenly ripped away. I sincerely hope you are feeling better and that your voice will be back to normal soon. I grew up only a few hours from you on the East Coast and have been a loyal follower of you, your music, and movies since the beginning. I see that you will be around the midwest again in September…………is it possible to stop in and give us our “Christmas morning” ??? You are an amazing performer and I was hypnotized at your first show at Rock Fest a few years ago. I know you dont “owe” us anything but, comming back and doing a make-up show for us would absolutely fucking awsome!!! I know it would restore the faith that ppl had/have in you. Crossing my fingers that you take this into consideration!!!….Rock on..love you Rob!!!!! <3

July 25, 2014 at 8:20 pm

7. JD

Band could of still played and fans sung, or showed some clips, one of your movies, something. In the business world we have to have contingencies!

July 25, 2014 at 2:43 pm

9. Heather

Rob it sucks that you feel like you have to make it up for everyone…don’t know what your plan is..but know this…you don’t owe us anything. And if your way of making it up is reimbursing..don’t..we won’t except. Not that we wouldn’t appreciate the gesture. Just know we are human just like you and we get sick too and understand…My son will always be a die hard fan of yours!!!Love you!!! Rock On Rob!

July 25, 2014 at 9:29 am

• Alyssa

I’m happy you came out. It says a lot when an artist gives his all to the last bit of ypur effort. I’m thankful I got to see you play at all. Thank you for trying :) it should mean a lot to any true fan. Get better soon, and rock on!

July 26, 2014 at 12:39 am