Rob Zombie answers fans questions about his voice following RockFest

Rob Zombie voice

Following Rob Zombie’s sudden withdrawal from the stage, after two songs, at RockFest this saturday, it is understandable fans were upset at missing a full show from the band – something Rob is as much saddened by, having played through thick and thin for the past 29 years.  However as the following statement from Rob says, this was not something he did lightly and he hopes these words may go some way to state why he had to stop the show early.

From Rob Zombie:

I am very sorry to everyone who was at RockFest. Believe it or not this is the first time in 29 years I have not been able to finish a show. I have played through many many nights with a fucked voice. I knew it backstage but came out and tried anyway, but failed. I understand people are pissed, but what can you do? It is easy to say “man up and just do it” but when no sound is coming out there is nothing you can do. If you have ever lost your voice before, then you know it doesn’t magically return just because you want it to. If there was a way to do the show I would have done it, as I have many, many times before. Fuck, I done shows where I walked to the side of the stage between songs to vomit I was so sick. Whatever. I’m not looking for sympathy and I don’t expect anyone care but these are the facts.

As far as everyone yelling “I’ve been a fan for 20 years and now I fucking hate you! you pussy rockstar!” What can I say fucking shitty stuff happens sometimes. I tried explaining it into the mic before I left the stage but I could barely croak out a word. Do you think their was any upside to that show for me? Nope, it’s all a big fucking mess that I wish never happened. We are trying to figure out a time and place to make it up to everybody.

I don’t take the fans for granted and I don’t take this situation lightly. My goal is to never let the fans down, but on that night I did. Unfortunately I had no choice.

1. at Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D. and Ginger Fish

You do not have to apologize sir Rob!!

You do this job since 29years and not once you missed the scene.

These are the “fans” who booed, booed should introduce yourself excuses.

As people who love the artist that you are, I’m worried about how you are going.

Rob rests you, enjoy your family, those who love you.

And come back to us in good shape.

Here in Belgium I hope to see you again and just have the honor to shake your hand.
    I luv u guys! Take care of you!
    kisses and huge hug from Belgium! by me.

July 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

3. Lauran

Glad I saw you at the fuel arena people should stop bitching he’s an amazing artist and he will rest and be back at it again unlike some people who get sick and stay out of work for weeks. Rob zombie is a amazing!!! Get better soon :))
    Lauran<3

July 23, 2014 at 5:50 am

5. Ben

Rob, I appreciate your effort, i am ashamed in what i said after you left the stage. I thought you were coping an attitude. I am sincerely sorry. I hope all goes well with recovery. Thanks for trying man.

July 23, 2014 at 3:38 am

• jennylmccool

Fuck anyone who doesn’t understand and quick to judge. History should show there was a reason. Get well!

July 23, 2014 at 4:39 am

• 5
    • jennylmccool

We will see you in Portland, Oregon on the Sept 8th. As bull shit as it may sound, hot tea really helps…. ♡

July 23, 2014 at 4:46 am

7. Greg treharne

Was at Rock-fest… was bummed, but…. you tried… we could hear it in your voice… you even tried to get a drink mid song to clear it up… Get better!… (and yes, security stated within 15 minutes that you were probably not able to come back out. If only they (Rock-Fest) would have just announced it over the jumbotron screen rather than leading the crowd in thinking otherwise.)

July 23, 2014 at 3:05 am

9. Baily Gravunder

I was at that concert front row. I was so disappointed at the time but now that I know, I’m more pissed at rockfest for taking so long to tell us. I hope you get better soon and when you do please come back to WI so I can see you again!

July 23, 2014 at 1:28 am

11. R

I have been to a concert where he was losing his voice and he just kept going to the very end. I know if he could have he would have kept going… Zombie fan for life

July 23, 2014 at 1:15 am

13. Sadie Raye

I knew something was up when u were only doing the “hell yeah”s in SuperBeast. Rest up your cords!!! Hot Tea, numb spray, soup, and good lovin’ from your wife, would be my prescription! Look forward to seeing you when you feel better! some of this discussion about this has really pissed me off. this was my first chance to see you, i’m 30 and have loved your music since i was 11! i paid 400 for my ticket, BFD! shit happens! but for someone to bitch about the price? dude u got 4 days of concerts! with great seats, free beer, wine soda, and lunch and dinner everyday!! stop ur crying and go home! plus after him another guy said real fans of zombie cant afford VIP fuck that, dont hate caz some people make good money, you dont have to be broke to be a “real fan” I mean i got no prob givin’ hugs, high fives, or tit flashes to anyone at Rock Fest!! Sorry for the ramble, some people’s kid’s i tell ya!
    xoxo,
    Sadie Raye

July 23, 2014 at 1:12 am

15. Brandon

Not your fault! Get better Zombie!! Rock Fest staff should have come out and told us exactly what was going on and that the show would not be able to go on. I think a lot of people thought you were joking around. Can’t wait to see you when you come around the WI area again!

July 22, 2014 at 11:05 pm

17. W4RCHiLD67

We love ya bro get some much deserved/needed rest, hope to see you and the band soon!

July 22, 2014 at 10:18 pm

19. David

29 years and 1000+ shows, it had to happen eventually even to the God of the ironheads. Rock on Rob, you are the beast of the business…. and anyone who can’t respect or know you will make it up can eat a box of dicks.

July 22, 2014 at 9:44 pm

21. jenniferlarson4

I was at rockfest and you could hear in his voice that something was right. I will always be a fan and hope your troat gets better. People were pissed but what do they expect him to do. I would rather him cancel than hear a half ass show.

July 22, 2014 at 9:22 pm

23. Jason

That really sucks about your voice Rob! I’m a fan and I respect every and any action you make. You are scheduled to come to Oregon in September, hope to see you then. Take care and get well soon!
    -Jason

July 22, 2014 at 8:50 pm

25. David Walters

Rob, my friend…you are one of those people who believe in doing the right thing. You are truly the greatest artist of all time. The idea that you don’t want to disappoint the fans says that you actually care. Of all people you don’t ever have to apologize for anything. You have been such a huge part of my life; thank you for all you have done for me. I hope you get well soon.

~David

July 22, 2014 at 7:54 pm

27. Kris

Yes it sucked for those there and I am glad we didn’t make the trek up there but to say you hate him after busting his ass for 20+ years well then good riddance! Rob and his other fans don’t want you there taking up our space! Rob is a pro and if he thought he was going to give a shitty performance and didn’t want that for his fans, well the man did what he thought was best…for him, his band, and most of all the fans to et what the paid for!!! Get over it as I am sure he will be back at some point and right this unfortunate night for all of you!

July 22, 2014 at 7:32 pm