Vote Rob Zombie best live band

Goodbye Mama Firefly. Goodbye Karen Black

Karen Black

It is with much sadness we have read that actress Karen Black passed away today, after a long battle with cancer.

Karen is known amongst Rob Zombie film fans as the original Mama Firefly.  Says Rob “I just heard our friend Karen Black has passed away. She was a very special lady and I was very fortunate to have been able to work with her on my first film House of 1000 Corpses. She was a one-of-a-kind actress and will be very, very missed.”

Please join us in sending our sincere condolences to Karens family.  Karen was a phenomenal actress and will be greatly missed.

Comments
  • Debbie Wynn October 1, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I’m very sorry to hear of her passing. She was a great actress. She’ll sadly missed by all who were able to see her performances. Somewhere up there she’s still acting. She’ll always be an actress in my heart.

• Redguns5 August 19, 2013 at 9:41 pm

She will live forever as Mama Firefly and the rest of her characters. RIP

• Johnny Reyes August 11, 2013 at 4:32 am

Great actress. Love mama firefly. RIP Karen Black

• Barbara Cieslewicz August 9, 2013 at 4:42 pm

How sad, I really loved Karen, she was a great actress, and will be miss a lot ….God Bless

• StuPop August 9, 2013 at 8:59 am

Very Sad.

• Deadra The Groupie Corpse August 9, 2013 at 3:26 am

I remember Mama. Her best line..”It’s better when you can hear them scream.”

• Glenda Keeler August 9, 2013 at 2:49 am

Awwww, so sad!!! Rest in Peace, dear lady!!! <3

• Jake Zombie August 9, 2013 at 2:01 am

Good bi!

• Agustin Ignacio Agudo August 8, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Very sad news. Karen was an outstanding actress and she shined in everything she did during her extensive film career. We will miss you very much, my friend.

• ACZombieUndertaker22 August 8, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I donated to her GoFundMe charity recently and now have heard the news from sources of her passing. May we all have regard for her life and legacy. especially of course her role as Mother Firefly in House of 1000 Corpses as well as other works such as Trilogy of Terror, which was just as interesting to watch.

• ACZombieUndertaker22 August 8, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Mama Firefly I mean; sorry, I have been overwhelmed with other things that have been going on let alone this year such as the passing of legendary wrestling manager, Paul Bearer, who managed The Undertaker and a few others.