Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

Comments
  • cole p March 20, 2013 at 1:27 am

loved both his movies, very good indeed. people just like the bandwagon of “the originals are better” they are all pretty good except resurrection ugh

• Halie Coggins January 31, 2013 at 10:57 am

When I heard that you were doing the Halloween movies, I jumped up and ran to the store as soon as they were released. I was excited about the new take on the classic horror. I was raised in Southern California when blood and gore movies like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm street were just being created and later watched so I was no stranger to horror films.
    However, my now 16 year old son was really becoming interested in the cult classics. So when I brought home your films, he was skeptical at first. After the first few minutes, he was hooked and so was I. We saw a whole different side to Michael than the silent, stalking, serial killer that never spoke a word behind that mask. You took him from just the killer of babysitters, who was also after his sister to something darker and more sinister. He was, in your films, more of a force to be reckoned with than the previous Michael persona. You also gave us a taste of what Michael was like before he turned into the dark, serial killer. That’s what drove us to watch more.
    I’m sad that you won’t be doing a 3rd installment because my son and I are dying to know what happens to Lori Strode. I’m looking forward to The Lords of Salem and I’m sure my son will love it.

• Tim January 26, 2013 at 11:21 am

To the abyss of what people think. Halloween 2 by zombie is in my opinion a very great movie. He had given it somewhat of a modern twist and originality to it, and also the point we care most about is being scared of Halloween, Micheal, and the mask all over again. To you Rob Zombie, and everyone who partaken in the film thanks for a wonderful work of art!!!

• Joe January 26, 2013 at 8:46 am

Zombie and Sheri have always straddled the fence while knocking it down.

• Tom January 26, 2013 at 4:55 am

Been a big fan of the original first two films. I went to see the remake, since I really liked house of a thousand corpses and devils rejects. The remakes lack any sense of build up, suspense and atmosphere the originals had. When you give too much information regarding the origin it removes any sense of not knowing and fear. Doing the Halloween films as gory exploitation style movies was a big step in the wrong direction. It was too far removed from the style of the original for a lot of older fans like myself.

• keith byam January 26, 2013 at 2:27 am

all i got to say is rob zombie is a fucking genius thats enuf said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jason cronk January 26, 2013 at 1:08 am

I do not understand why people did not like your version of “Halloween 2″. i thought both of the movies were awesome! I never really gave your music a chance when i was growing up but when you started making these amazing movies I absolutely fell in love with your work. I do not understand why people make remakes that are “word for word”. What is the point of that? the renditions that you conjured up were inventive and an awesome change from the originals. I believe John carpenter gave his blessings on the shows and that would be all that I would care about if it were I making these shows. Keep up the amazing work. I have been waiting, for what seems like forever, for The Lords of Salem to come out and I have a feeling that I will not be let down. Cheers

• gary thornton January 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm

it trip me out when trip upon zombies halloweens movies ,what a treat man .i didnt watch them when they first came out because i thought oh not anoyher one of them movies .then long afterwords i saw robs name on the movie ,and said fuck how did i miss this . great work man on all your films

1 4 5 6