Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

Comments
  • Shana Turner January 25, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I love rob zombie. Both his Halloweens were amazing. That mans work is amazing. I wish he would remake “Motel Hell” that’s an 80′s horror movie. That’s been a dream if mine. Put all of his twisted thoughts into it gives me chills. Whatever he touches turns to gold.

• lisa January 25, 2013 at 4:54 pm

i thought you did a great job with the halloween movies. Are you making anymore movies soon

• Shaun Durant January 25, 2013 at 4:35 pm

i thought H2 was amazing movie..i would have watched it with a different title just because Uncle Rob directed it..it was visual stimulating and the dream sequences were rather amazing..thank you for the great movies..cant wait till Lords of Salem comes out..

• Michael Pruitt January 25, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I’m actually surprised that Zombie isn’t doing Halloween 3. I was really hoping he would at least stop at 3 because if any of you remember…Halloween 3 (Season of the Witch) has nothing to do with Michael Myers. It’s more ‘witchcraft” esk with an investigation of Cochran, who is the owner of the Shamrock Novelty Company. “H-3″ also has death scenes that are pretty intense, and I think that if Zombie got behind a re-make of this…it would be epic. But that’s just my 2 cents…

• Big Craig January 25, 2013 at 4:54 pm

That’s pretty much the exact reason WHY he’s distancing himself from it – it is NOT a series of remakes, it is a complete reboot centred on the Michael Myers character. A Rob Zombie H3 would NOT be a remake of Season Of The Witch the same way the previous two were NOT remakes of the John Carpenter movies. You pretty much summed up why people expected something different from RZ’s H2.

• Red Johnson January 25, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I’m just waiting on the Clockwork Orange remake. He would do it justice -I Know! Cuz I know shit! And if I don’t know shit then I know people that know shit!!!

• Joel Backmeier January 25, 2013 at 4:15 pm

H2 is my favorite movie of all time, Yes all time. Anytime a director can make you actually feel sorry for the villian they are doing a great job. I for one don’t like the original “Halloweens” the first one is “okay” but all and all they are bad movies. Both H1 and H2 brought me back to the franchise. What seperates Rob from EVERYONE else is his attention to detail and character development. People who don’t nes’ like “horror” films find H1 – H2 watchable because of this….with all RZ movies, true works of ART.

• Terry Case January 25, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I think Zombie should do a third feilm of the franchise. I for one loved the other 2 films.

• Cycotix January 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

the first halloween was like art, the second felt rushed a bit but still good. i wouldnt want to see a 3rd halloween inless it went back to the perfection in the first one.

• Nevar January 25, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Maybe they can change the name to “Samhain”

• erika January 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Your version of halloween was by far the best !! Critics just see it as michael has always been mysterious and the depth of his inanity was never revealed, but you went in and gave a real story behind the monster we call michael myers! It was amazing , all stories get old and can only go so far when they take the same exact direction. Putting a twist on something and making it your own , is what really makes an old favorite intriguing. You are my favorite movie director , and your perception of things is gory and odd and I love it! Keep making movies , because lately I have been bored. Can’t wait for lords of salem!!!!

1 3 4 5 6