Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

1. cole p

loved both his movies, very good indeed. people just like the bandwagon of “the originals are better” they are all pretty good except resurrection ugh

March 20, 2013 at 1:27 am

3. Halie Coggins

When I heard that you were doing the Halloween movies, I jumped up and ran to the store as soon as they were released. I was excited about the new take on the classic horror. I was raised in Southern California when blood and gore movies like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm street were just being created and later watched so I was no stranger to horror films.
    However, my now 16 year old son was really becoming interested in the cult classics. So when I brought home your films, he was skeptical at first. After the first few minutes, he was hooked and so was I. We saw a whole different side to Michael than the silent, stalking, serial killer that never spoke a word behind that mask. You took him from just the killer of babysitters, who was also after his sister to something darker and more sinister. He was, in your films, more of a force to be reckoned with than the previous Michael persona. You also gave us a taste of what Michael was like before he turned into the dark, serial killer. That’s what drove us to watch more.
    I’m sad that you won’t be doing a 3rd installment because my son and I are dying to know what happens to Lori Strode. I’m looking forward to The Lords of Salem and I’m sure my son will love it.

January 31, 2013 at 10:57 am

5. Tim

To the abyss of what people think. Halloween 2 by zombie is in my opinion a very great movie. He had given it somewhat of a modern twist and originality to it, and also the point we care most about is being scared of Halloween, Micheal, and the mask all over again. To you Rob Zombie, and everyone who partaken in the film thanks for a wonderful work of art!!!

January 26, 2013 at 11:21 am

7. Joe

Zombie and Sheri have always straddled the fence while knocking it down.

January 26, 2013 at 8:46 am

9. Tom

Been a big fan of the original first two films. I went to see the remake, since I really liked house of a thousand corpses and devils rejects. The remakes lack any sense of build up, suspense and atmosphere the originals had. When you give too much information regarding the origin it removes any sense of not knowing and fear. Doing the Halloween films as gory exploitation style movies was a big step in the wrong direction. It was too far removed from the style of the original for a lot of older fans like myself.

January 26, 2013 at 4:55 am

11. keith byam

all i got to say is rob zombie is a fucking genius thats enuf said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 26, 2013 at 2:27 am

13. jason cronk

I do not understand why people did not like your version of “Halloween 2″. i thought both of the movies were awesome! I never really gave your music a chance when i was growing up but when you started making these amazing movies I absolutely fell in love with your work. I do not understand why people make remakes that are “word for word”. What is the point of that? the renditions that you conjured up were inventive and an awesome change from the originals. I believe John carpenter gave his blessings on the shows and that would be all that I would care about if it were I making these shows. Keep up the amazing work. I have been waiting, for what seems like forever, for The Lords of Salem to come out and I have a feeling that I will not be let down. Cheers

January 26, 2013 at 1:08 am

15. it trip me out when trip upon zombies halloweens movies ,what a treat man .i didnt watch them when they first came out because i thought oh not anoyher one of them movies .then long afterwords i saw robs name on the movie ,and said fuck how did i miss this . great work man on all your films

January 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm

17. Shana Turner

I love rob zombie. Both his Halloweens were amazing. That mans work is amazing. I wish he would remake “Motel Hell” that’s an 80’s horror movie. That’s been a dream if mine. Put all of his twisted thoughts into it gives me chills. Whatever he touches turns to gold.

January 25, 2013 at 5:06 pm

19. lisa

i thought you did a great job with the halloween movies. Are you making anymore movies soon

January 25, 2013 at 4:54 pm

21. Shaun Durant

i thought H2 was amazing movie..i would have watched it with a different title just because Uncle Rob directed it..it was visual stimulating and the dream sequences were rather amazing..thank you for the great movies..cant wait till Lords of Salem comes out..

January 25, 2013 at 4:35 pm

23. Michael Pruitt

I’m actually surprised that Zombie isn’t doing Halloween 3. I was really hoping he would at least stop at 3 because if any of you remember…Halloween 3 (Season of the Witch) has nothing to do with Michael Myers. It’s more ‘witchcraft” esk with an investigation of Cochran, who is the owner of the Shamrock Novelty Company. “H-3″ also has death scenes that are pretty intense, and I think that if Zombie got behind a re-make of this…it would be epic. But that’s just my 2 cents…

January 25, 2013 at 4:25 pm

• That’s pretty much the exact reason WHY he’s distancing himself from it – it is NOT a series of remakes, it is a complete reboot centred on the Michael Myers character. A Rob Zombie H3 would NOT be a remake of Season Of The Witch the same way the previous two were NOT remakes of the John Carpenter movies. You pretty much summed up why people expected something different from RZ’s H2.

January 25, 2013 at 4:54 pm

25. Red Johnson

I’m just waiting on the Clockwork Orange remake. He would do it justice -I Know! Cuz I know shit! And if I don’t know shit then I know people that know shit!!!

January 25, 2013 at 4:21 pm