Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

Comments
  • tony murphy January 25, 2013 at 11:54 am

love all the movies that you have directed.. woudl really be thrilled to see how you would do a remake of The Exorcist.

• Effin A Wright January 25, 2013 at 10:00 am

Rob, both 1 and 2 were great. You are right that if they were called something else they would be hits. I thought the aggressive in your face style you used was refreshing. Your movies have a flavor all their own, and I love them. I don’t know about anybody else; but I am hungry for more Devil’s Rejects.

• SIckGurl91 January 25, 2013 at 9:45 am

Any movie made by Rob Zombie is amazing, Halloween 1& 2 were both great, i watch them constantly.. people will always have something to say, he should put his own touch on any movie he makes, its what makes them badass.

• owarwolf January 25, 2013 at 6:39 am

I liked Halloween 2, it was satisfying in that “frightening enough to make me feel genuinely uncomfortable” way. I’m not expecting a Halloween 3 and honestly in this crazy world of constant reboots and sequels, I’m perfectly happy with Rob Zombie turning down a third movie. I’d rather see him explore something else, something fresh.

• chise196 January 25, 2013 at 2:36 am

i liked halloween 2 the bathroom scene felt disturbingly realistic rob zombie has made a raw and gritty version of the serial killer that isn’t campy at all just peer anger vibes from him that gives you electricity up your spine.

• Heather Compton January 25, 2013 at 1:34 am

The Halloween movies are my favorite scary movies. When I fought out Rob Zombie was doing them I was stoked. I dont care who said what, I LOVED Robs Halloween movies and was praying for more but I guess that that wont happen. Soooooo bummed.

• tommyBoye January 25, 2013 at 1:14 am

I agree to no Halloween 3. But it will happen. They can’t leave it alone. No doubt in 5 years another Batman, Spiderman, some other overdone series will make it’s way back to the screen. Also, I loved both of Rob’s Halloween movies.

• David Deal January 25, 2013 at 12:05 am

Mr. Zombie makes great movies and the Halloween movies are no exception. I liked how he took the course in 2 and wish him the best of success in all he does. Of course I’d like to see another sort of prequel to “The Devil’s Rejects” but maybe that’s just me or is it?

• Roy Hayes January 24, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I liked H2 a lot.I liked them both.I am a fan of horror but I love for directors doing remakes to make them their own.Classic films like Carpenter’s Halloween are untouchable so why try.Zombie took familiar characters and based them in reality.Rather than being a force of nature he was a true seriel killer.In H2 however you see how an entire family line can share evil on a genetic level.As for H3 I like that when Rob feels the story has been told he stops.I am sure the Firefly Clan could have lasted for several more films but Rob
    felt their story had been told so he stopped and moved on.I personally am stoked for Lords of Salem.I spoke with Dee Wallace last year and although she would spoil nothing ,just her enthusiasm got me stoked.

• Keith Hurd January 24, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Alright, Rob, not to sound like a kissass, but i love your music. I also think your films are top notch. Personally I think the Halloween duo were a masterpiece. You captured Mike’s sociopathic nature at it’s best, especially when it came to his delusions. I must say i loved part 2 the best. I understand not wanting to go for a part 3, if only for the fact that the movie was put to rest in 2. I get that you live to make your fans happy, but you must understand that some jaggoffs out there just like to bitch about any little thing. Ignore them! Keep doing things the way you do, and know your TRUE fans will dig it. Fuck the haters. \m/

1 2 3 4 5 6