Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

Comments
  • Jackie U January 24, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Halloween 2 was EXCELLENT! I loved it. Screw the haters.

• EJDUBYA January 24, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Zombie’s Halloween movies were brutal (which i liked) and he developed the character of Michael Meyers in a way that had not been done before. The shape was emotionless and without character. Zombie’s version added depth to ol’ Mike to the point of understanding his motive, that which drives him. Both movies are a classic and I can’t wait for Lords.

• Dime January 24, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I am sorry Rob. But I have to agree with Steve. You make some awesome music. And did a good film with Devils Rejects. But the Halloween reboot, IMO ruined the movies credibility as a Horror Classic. You went way off beat with them.

Stick to what you know best…. music.

• Steve January 24, 2013 at 8:34 pm

I am sorry… I am not some emo FANBOY. I do love your music and all. But the Halloween movies you did blew monkey balls. Reboot or not, it was nothing like the originals. Sorry… they are classics for a reason. Leave them the hell alone.

• Seth January 24, 2013 at 8:02 pm

dude i love your music and movies are truly amazing ive been a fan since i was like nine lol and i cant wait to check out the lords of salem looks like it will be another masterpiece of yours keep up the amazing work man

• Steve Serna January 24, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Your music and your movies rock didnt care for the second Halloween just because of the flying horse other wise like i said love your music and your other movies cant wait for more of both

• curwen January 24, 2013 at 6:26 pm

First, Coppola’s Dracula was my favourite film of all times. Then, one afternoon, lost somewhere in France, I saw Rob Zombie’s Halloween 2. Nothing has ever been the same again since then…

• Dave January 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Sorry but anyway you cut RZ’s Halloween 2 it was awful. The direction of the entire story was stupid. And frankly I don’t think the studio would ever even consider bringing back Zombie for another movie. Patrick Lussier can do a much better job.

• JAMES January 24, 2013 at 7:51 pm

YOU ARE A NUM NUTS ANYTHING ZOMBIE DOES MOVIE WISE IS AWESOME

• Jackie U January 24, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Agreed.

• tammy January 24, 2013 at 3:21 pm

ur devils rejects were the best ever plz make another movie just like it

• dylan January 24, 2013 at 2:13 pm

first of all. zombie im a huge fan, love your music and your movies. yeah your halloween movies have been the best by far. im a huge myers fan as well. id love it if you made a third.

1 2 3 4 5 6