Vote Rob Zombie best live band

Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

Comments
  • Anri January 24, 2013 at 11:19 am

Your version of Halloween 1 & 2 has been the best ever. I watched all of them and your version just made so much more sense.

• Maggie January 24, 2013 at 9:32 am

I want to see more of Dr.Satan.

• Brianna January 24, 2013 at 4:31 am

I don’t care what anyone says. I think the Halloween movies that you directed, Rob, were the BEST Halloween movies. I tend to like remakes because they have a newer look to them. And more blood and gore is always a plus. If someone made a Halloween 3, I’d be sad if it WASN’T you directing it.

• Donna Begley January 23, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I loved Halloween 2 better than the original one. I liked the whole concept and I think your movies are the best in the industry. I thought H2 was great. Im disappointed that you wont be doing a Halloween 3 I think it would be great just as the other 2 are.

• Mindy Love January 23, 2013 at 7:07 pm

They just want more money… You summed up “Halloween” with pt 2. He’s dead and RZ won’t be bringing him back to life – not your style.

This is why I’m a fan, one of the few directors that give a shit anymore about the quality of the film – not just focused on making $$$.

I LOVED both Halloweens – especially watching the DVD extras with RZ commenting during each scene – PLEASE keep doing that!!

• Amber January 23, 2013 at 5:40 pm

If you try to make everyone everywhere happy nothing will ever get done. There will always be some one somewhere bitching about one thing or another. You’re amazing. Your music and movies. You should not let the whiny people have an influence over projects. Even if you were to create a version of Halloween that these fantics liked there would still be a complaint somewhere about something. FUCK EM!!

• frank January 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Hey Rob, screw what ever they said about Halloween2!! That fucking movie was bad ass like the rest of your work!! Don’t ever stop!!

• Chris Webb January 23, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Halloween 3 as a remake of the original that was out-of-step with the Michael Myers storyline or Halloween 3 as a continuation of the Michael Myers storyline? Either way, I much prefer seeing Rob focus on his own characters and stories. He’s the only filmmaker making the kinds of films he makes…and I want to see more of them. That said, I really enjoyed both of Rob’s Halloween films, in particular his completely original reimagining of Halloween 2.

• shae langan January 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm

love all your work mr zombie i think you have an amazing way of producing somthing so defrent and out there it grabs you and pulls you in cuts open your head eats your brain and spits it back.wether it be your movies or insane musik you have a way of realy showing your fans how it is in your mind and how you want it to be seen keep it up your talent is one of a kind!!!

• shae langan January 23, 2013 at 2:46 pm

oh and when the hell you comin back to australia i need a zombie fix

• Aaron January 23, 2013 at 2:15 pm

the original Halloween 3 sucked, so rob zombie would have to make a completely different movie… i think he would do another Halloween, but maybe he wouldn”t call it “halloween 3″ and yea i like the originals, his version wasn’t bad minus the parts that were screwed up, but im sure it was the writers’ faults and not his :)

1 2 3 4 6