Rob Zombie gives a resounding no to Halloween 3

HALLOWEEN 3: “I’M DEFINITELY NOT DIRECTING IT” SAYS ROB ZOMBIE

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2 and also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films (something he made clear to fans in a ‘Question of the Week‘ last year here at robzombie.com).

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow for a future issue, House Of 1,000 Corpses and The Devils Rejectsdirector Rob Zombie offered an update on the long mooted third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the drubbing he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie remains defensive of the often criticised sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favourites from the franchise.

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

1. Amber

If you try to make everyone everywhere happy nothing will ever get done. There will always be some one somewhere bitching about one thing or another. You’re amazing. Your music and movies. You should not let the whiny people have an influence over projects. Even if you were to create a version of Halloween that these fantics liked there would still be a complaint somewhere about something. FUCK EM!!

January 23, 2013 at 5:40 pm

3. frank

Hey Rob, screw what ever they said about Halloween2!! That fucking movie was bad ass like the rest of your work!! Don’t ever stop!!

January 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm

5. Halloween 3 as a remake of the original that was out-of-step with the Michael Myers storyline or Halloween 3 as a continuation of the Michael Myers storyline? Either way, I much prefer seeing Rob focus on his own characters and stories. He’s the only filmmaker making the kinds of films he makes…and I want to see more of them. That said, I really enjoyed both of Rob’s Halloween films, in particular his completely original reimagining of Halloween 2.

January 23, 2013 at 3:15 pm

7. shae langan

love all your work mr zombie i think you have an amazing way of producing somthing so defrent and out there it grabs you and pulls you in cuts open your head eats your brain and spits it back.wether it be your movies or insane musik you have a way of realy showing your fans how it is in your mind and how you want it to be seen keep it up your talent is one of a kind!!!

January 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm

• shae langan

oh and when the hell you comin back to australia i need a zombie fix

January 23, 2013 at 2:46 pm

9. Aaron

the original Halloween 3 sucked, so rob zombie would have to make a completely different movie… i think he would do another Halloween, but maybe he wouldn”t call it “halloween 3″ and yea i like the originals, his version wasn’t bad minus the parts that were screwed up, but im sure it was the writers’ faults and not his :)

January 23, 2013 at 2:15 pm

11. Aimee

I loved his Halloween movies 2 was beautifully done. I loved the original and Zombie’s versión. I love his wife she is amazing.

January 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm

13. Diana

Halloween @ is a master piece , My Gosh ….. seriously anyone that says diff ,may not appriciate Halloween … thnks Rob and Sherry .. me n my family loved it

January 23, 2013 at 1:57 pm

15. معین

هی رابی خیلی میخوامت هالووین 3 ..روزشماری میکنم واسی دیدنش

January 23, 2013 at 1:42 pm

17. Crystal

I have seen all of your movies in theaters, Halloween 2 is in my top 5 favorite movies. I thought the difference between it and the original, is what makes it such a great movie. It is ridiculous that people criticized it.

January 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm

19. If you have joined the RZ website then you are ultimately a fan and by reasonable conclusion bias towards his movies, music and other projects. But yes, I too am baffled that people criticised Halloween 2.

January 23, 2013 at 1:24 pm

21. tony

They should like all your movie that u do because they r all great and i have them and i like them so make new movie so people can watch them Rob………….

January 23, 2013 at 1:18 pm

23. jeff

im waiting for you to do a zombie movie , i know it would be great if you did it .

January 23, 2013 at 1:15 pm

25. Roo MaGGoo

Personally i thought Halloween 2 was a masterpiece, im a huge fan of the original Halloween movies n Michael Myers is my favorite movie killer of all time n i think what Rob Zombie did with Halloweens was brilliant , he took them n gave hes own little twist on it and made it alittle bit more realistic and made Michael Myers even scarier then before, i think the fact that Rob Zombie is having no part in the 3rd installment of the Halloween movies, its going to be shit

January 23, 2013 at 1:14 pm

27. james

i love all ur movies ur one of only decent horror producers /directors in the usa in my mind other wise its all about asian horror …house of 1000 cropses and devils rejects r 2 of my fraviout flims with ur take on hallow very close to the top flims ….really cnt wait to see lords of salemt …dont care wat anyone says ur movies kick ass please keep making them zombie power :D wish i could be a part of one of ur flims hahah

January 23, 2013 at 1:07 pm

29. Roxy

I love What what you did with the Halloween movies. I thought they were better than the originals. I thought Michael myers was much scarier. And i loved the house of 100 corpses and devils rejects. There will always be people who wont accept changes to classic movies but your vusions are stunning and i hope you continue to make movies for years to come.

January 23, 2013 at 1:03 pm