QOTW: House of 1000 Corpses by CorpseReject

Roasting the marshmellows, and burning the hog, while we sit back again for Question of the Week from Rob Zombie.

This week Zombiehead Inc member CorpseReject has asked Rob a question about House of 1000 Corpses.

Enjoy.  And see at the bottom of the item how it could be you next

Zombiehead Inc member CorpseRejectQuestion: I absolutely love this movie. Every aspect of it….they way it was shot, the brilliant use of colors, the characters…and so on. My question is this…do you ever think that you may make another Firefly family movie possibly including a little of the family history? The entire dungeon, underground tunnels, Dr Satan’s operating rooms and the “patients” he worked on are something that I have wanted to see more of from the first time I saw the movie. The Professor, the Skunk Ape and his wife, the spirits in the house the Mother Firefly mentions…all of these seem like something that could make another awesome movie. You are the expert though I guess.

Answer from Rob: I have been asked this question many times over the years, but right now there are no plans to revisit these characters. The way things are right now with the film business I highly doubt that a film like HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES would ever get made today. Maybe as a cheap found footage film? I love the characters and have often toyed with the idea of trying to make another film, but nothing has ever come of it. I started writing a 3rd film but never finished it. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if in the next five to ten years if I get an offer for someone to do a remake of 1000 Corpse. That would be weird.

But seriously I think HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES would make an awesome Broadway musical along the lines of Rocky Horror. So maybe that is where you  will see more. LIVE ON STAGE! DR. SATAN SINGS!

To put forward your own question for Rob Zombie to answer, go to the Forum and click on the first category Question of the Week – click New Topic and away you go – and remember BE ORIGINAL! And remember Rob doesn’t just pick one a week – he’s known in the witching hour to browse the forum and answer posts live so keep posting!

1. Spoogie

Now RZ, I know you’ve heard alot of ideas…but you and I specifically discussed bringing the family back as Zombie Rejects. Remember your people were going to call my people? Just kiddin…but you did tell me you liked the idea…great conversation I was last in line so you had more time. Call me, we’ll talk ….hehehe

March 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

3. Something_WEiRd

i think things are fine the way they are now and making a third film might ruin it. but if a third film was to be made, i would still go see it and most likely enjoy it lol. Rob says the way the film business is today a film like 1000 corpses couldnt be made? well that seems like a weird thing to say because there are a bunch of new movies coming out or that have come out in 2011 that were pretty violent but then again they were straight to dvd or had a limited theatrical run…. but still isnt he making Lords of Salem which is most likely going to be violent. 1000 corpses sounds interesting as a broadway production but it seems that if that were to happen then it would become too “mainstream” idk maybe im wrong

March 17, 2012 at 5:10 pm

5. I wouldn’t want to know any more about the underground lair & supernatural aspect to the first movie, I loved the mystery of it and how that element remained unexplained.

House is my fave movie of all time, I get something more from it every time I watch it and there are so many great scenes but my absolute fave is when the cops come a calling and discover the garage of woe, the intense action & violence contrasted against the gentle ‘I remember you’ soundtrack was haunting. Also, the way when Otis shoots the younger cop (forget his name) the camera tracks back and back and back and back, drawing out the tension way longer than you would ordinarily see. It was beautiful.

March 16, 2012 at 12:06 am

7. QOTW: House of 1000 Corpses by CorpseReject http://t.co/jNXAFFDZ via @RWZombie

March 15, 2012 at 9:39 am

9. Moon

Now I am really curious about what was in the script Rob didn’t finish for a 3rd movie..

March 15, 2012 at 6:01 am

11. AngelMyers13

I’ve seen Rob answer this question a million times. Hey Rob, I think I’m your only fan that doesn’t want anymore Firefly family movies!! I want to see what else you’ve got up your sleeve! I mean, if you’ve got an amazing director like Mr. Zombie, why would you want to limit him to making the same film over & over? I’m looking forward to “The Lords of Salem” because it’s something he’s never done before, and I can’t wait to see his interpretation of witches. Anyone agree?

March 14, 2012 at 5:20 pm

• livingdeadgirlnicole1031

I think the main reason of Firefly fans want to see more is cause we fell in love with the characters… hence why I got teary eyed at the end of the Devil’s Rejects. It’s funny when your sad the bad guys didn’t win. But like I said in my other comment.. the only way it would work would be a prequel and then you would have to use new actors to play the younger versions of them and ehhh I don’t like that.. I love my Sid, Sheri and Bill :)

March 14, 2012 at 10:06 pm

• 5
    • AngelMyers13

@livingdeadgirlnicole1031: I totally understand. I love the characters as well, and the end of TDR always makes me sad as well, I just want Zombie to be able to show his genius in a variety of ways. Also, I agree about not wanting to see new actors playing those roles. I love my Sheri, Sid, and Bill as well :)

March 14, 2012 at 10:43 pm

• 5
    • AngelMyers13

Damn if you took a shot every time I just said “as well” you’d be drunk!

March 14, 2012 at 10:44 pm

13. livingdeadgirlnicole1031

OMG like Repo the Genetic Opera but Rob Zombie style.. I would be sold ha ha ha

But I have seen you answer this a lot over the years as well on various sites or ask your fans if you should make another and I honestly think the only way to pull it off and not ruin the ending of TDR is to do a prequel before HO1K. But then if you do that how do you keep the same beloved actors if they are suppose to be way before their time and be a lot younger etc. And the actors to me are another reason the Firefly family is so kick ass.

Congrats CR for getting your question answered too YAY! for IL Zombie Heads!

March 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

15. @RWZombie answers another QOTW: House of 1000 Corpses by CorpseReject http://t.co/wrcblfNP #robzombie #questionoftheweek #qotw #film

March 14, 2012 at 3:31 pm