Vote Rob Zombie best live band

QOTW: White Zombie by Something_WEiRd

Roll up! Roll Up! Gather round the camp fire kiddies.  Here’s the first Question of the Week answered by Rob. Thank you to Zombie Head Inc member Something_WEiRd for their question:

Zombie Head Inc Member http://robzombie.com/profile?uid=77Question: I hope this question doesnt upset you (Rob Zombie) because it doesnt seem like you liked to be asked about White Zombie but why did they break up? well , thats not really my question, my real question is Have you ever thought about reconciling with the members of White Zombie and patch things up? You guys have been through so much, don’t you miss them? Ive heard in numerous interviews that you have not spoken to any of the members of the band since the breakup about 16 years ago. There seems to be some hostility or rancor there. White Zombie is one of the greatest bands of all time and there will never be another band like it again. Im not asking for a reunion (that would be really awesome though), I was just wondering if you missed them and what really happened that made you not want to speak to them for so long, if that even is true.

Answer from Rob:“Sometimes a band just breaks up because the band has run it’s course and the best days are behind them. White Zombie went through a lot together and did tons of great stuff, but it was time to stop. The good times were over and we were all moving in different directions. Times change, people change and things end. I have no bad feelings about it or anyone from the band. As far a a reunion show, I don’t think there is any point. The band stopped at the height of it’s fame and should be remembered that way. Getting it back together would only ruin it. It was a special moment in time and trying to relive it 16 years later would be wrong.”

Next week it could be you as they say so get on over the the forum and ask away here: http://robzombie.com/forum/#cid=24

Comments
  • Leonard February 20, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Aye.. WZ was great in the day. and Robs correct in saying they were at the top of their game. do i miss them, yeah. cause few bands were able to ever hit that tempo/beat/style. least we still have the Zombie to serenade us.

• kataprk February 18, 2012 at 6:10 pm

White Zombie was gr8, but I don’t see the problem because we have our Rob Zombie and
    I just love his musical arrangements, the energy, his beat. Certainly, one of the best rock shows on earth!! My only complaint is that we just don’t see enough of him here in Detroit. Which leads me to my question. When? When? And please not in some huge ass cement stadium. Fillmore in Detroit, best place ever for concerts!! Hope to see ur freaky ass soon. Much Love

• The Lord Jeremiah February 15, 2012 at 10:44 am

this is weird…Really….such a manufactured fucking question.

• Emma February 16, 2012 at 4:43 pm

@The Lord Jeremiah: Nope, it’s a genuine question from a genuine member – if you took a second to look round the site you would see – we’re not going to fake people with fake shit. Emma (RZ’s web manager)

• Moon February 14, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Congrats Something_WEiRd.. And I totally agree with what Rob said..I loved White Zombie, but I can understand how things can change between a band and people move on..I have gone through that myself with certain friends..

• Something_WEiRd February 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm

holy crap!! Rob Zombie just answered my question o_O my life is now complete! lmao but I just want to thank Rob Zombie for answering my question.Even if he would’ve just said hi, that still means a lot to me lol I will always support Rob Zombie, ive been a fan since i was about 9 or 10 and i dont plan on stopping anytime soon. Im so glad that this website was created so fans could interact with one another and of course Zombie himself. So thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Rob Zombie really knows what it means to interact with fans and how it can just make thier day. I hope to one day meet Zombie

• BENESIS February 14, 2012 at 6:11 pm

@Something_WEiRd: it’s nice bro. Mr. Zombie rocks.

• jeremycremer February 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Good question. Rob has my respect for the decision he made. Thank you for answering Rob, you never cease to amaze me man.

• daniel floyd (@danielfloyd4) February 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm

» QOTW: White Zombie by Something_WEiRd Rob Zombie | Official Website http://t.co/oiD16rNi

• lakeogh February 14, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Fantastic question, fantastic answer.

• BENESIS February 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Great question and awesome answer. In my opnion White Zombie ruled, and still doing it like “Astro-Creep:2000″ wasn’t just an album, but some kind of monster that still living into the minds of anyone that listened to it. That monster make it’s own point in the history of music and still modern and shocking. White Zombie was enough at that point. They made their best, like any other band did. Each song was like an album, there was 11 albuns in one. Now is time for Rob Zombie, the way he is, the way he always wanted to be, and he is great. Now Mr. Zombie, with John 5 on his side, make the best combination ever. Try to say another one. I never saw Mr. Zombie live, it’s a dream that never came true for me, but watching his live show and comparing his day with White Zombie and now, in his solo career, it show how he got stronger and better live, and I can say Rob is at his best now.